Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaun Newton wanted by police

Comments

• Options
    How about that overhead kick cross in that cup comeback at Coventry he put in for John Robinson?

So sad to see someone crumble like that. It almost feels like you wanna help a mate.
  • Options
    Sad to read this. Have had a few back and forth comments with him on Twitter in the past. Seemed to be taking a keen interest in Charlton and playing golf.
  • Options
    No excuse, no sympathy
  • Options
    When he was playing at Wolves he turned up and sat in the away end for a midweek match at Villa Park with us
    Obviously gone off the rails and burglary is a filthy crime and I'm sure he has kids, not good at all
  • Options
    edited March 2017

When he was playing at Wolves he turned up and sat in the away end for a midweek match at Villa Park with us
    Obviously gone off the rails and burglary is a filthy crime and I'm sure he has kids, not good at all

He has got kids - 4
  • Options
    edited March 2017

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

This. As harsh as it might sound, the fact that he was a good player for us doesn't alter the fact that anyone who breaks into another's house to steal is an utter scumbag.
    He only wanted the contents that you stole from the skip.
  • Options

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

This. As harsh as it might sound, the fact that he was a good player for us doesn't alter the fact that anyone who breaks into another's house to steal is an utter scumbag.
    He only wanted the contents that you still from the skip.
    Still what?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

He only wanted the contents that you still from the skip.
    Still what?
    Still wants the contents you stoll.
  • Options

He has got kids - 4
    Only 4? Surprising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He has got kids - 4
    Only 4? Surprising.
    Shaun Jnr, Issac, Thandie and Olivia (the child he had with Stern John)
  • Options
    Some people turn to crime because they get desperate. Not because they are nasty people. I think Newts falls into this catogory after his career went down hill and his money ran out. He has known nothing else but football. Where I don't condone what he is accused of, when he goes to prison he will need support and rehab to help him find work when he comes out. Help him maybe learn a positive new skill in prison. This will make him less likely to reoffend.
  • Options

He has got kids - 4
    Only 4? Surprising.
    How do you work the last kid out?
  • Options

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

If it were a skaghead from Woolwich, nobody would give an ounce of sympathy or try to find rhyme & reason, scumbag behaviour regardless of his past.
  • Options
    Oakster said:
    What a contrast the crowd in the background at the Valley is, compared to the empty stands the Belgians have bestowed upon us.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Huskaris said:

Sheku Kamara. Was a youth player before signing for Watford (didn't make apps for them), went to the same school as me (he really was a c*nt). Ended up robbing people and demanding pin numbers with a bunch of lads with an air pistol that looked like a proper gun. He got 8 years...

Justice for when he decided to go into my cricket bag when I was like 12 and steal a Capri sun while I was playing cricket.

Sheku was an old team mate of mine. We both got scouted for Charlton at the same time. My dad drove us both to the sessions at Sparrows Lane. I felt a little out of my depth and decided not to see out my trial (thought of being told I wasn't wanted by my club petrified me). Sheku saw it out and was signed up but, unfortunately, it didn't end well.
  • Options

He has got kids - 4
    Only 4? Surprising.
    How do you work the last kid out?
    Through the Japseye I'm guessing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He has got kids - 4
    One of the highest player marks all season, and all because he has kids.
    CL POTY
  • Options
    Fair enough should never have brought up religion.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Oakster said:
    What a contrast the crowd in the background at the Valley is, compared to the empty stands the Belgians have bestowed upon us.
    Happy days...that was some night at The Valley.
  • Options
    Oo
    DA9 said:

Mametz said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

If it were a skaghead from Woolwich, nobody would give an ounce of sympathy or try to find rhyme & reason, scumbag behaviour regardless of his past.
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

I do think this is a bit harsh and I don't think anybody on here knows the whole story behind this.

As an example my wife's niece now has a long criminal record including robbery and burglary. She is not and was not ever a scumbag. Her mistake was falling in love with someone who took drugs and encouraged her to do so. She was naive and silly but not evil. In short time she was a heroine addict. All her crimes were committed to fund the habit and she has been to prison several times. She has sought help and has moved halfway across the country to avoid her dealers and previous acquaintances. It seems that she may be on the way to recovery and a decent life.

She is in her late twenties now and is on the way to becoming the lovely, caring and attractive person she was ten years ago. She deeply regrets the hurt she caused to the victims of her crimes and the anguish she caused her family.

I do not pretend to know what has caused Newton's fall from grace but maybe we should hear the full story before dismissing him as a scumbag.
    Mametz said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

I do think this is a bit harsh and I don't think anybody on here knows the whole story behind this.

As an example my wife's niece now has a long criminal record including robbery and burglary. She is not and was not ever a scumbag. Her mistake was falling in love with someone who took drugs and encouraged her to do so. She was naive and silly but not evil. In short time she was a heroine addict. All her crimes were committed to fund the habit and she has been to prison several times. She has sought help and has moved halfway across the country to avoid her dealers and previous acquaintances. It seems that she may be on the way to recovery and a decent life.

She is in her late twenties now and is on the way to becoming the lovely, caring and attractive person she was ten years ago. She deeply regrets the hurt she caused to the victims of her crimes and the anguish she caused her family.

I do not pretend to know what has caused Newton's fall from grace but maybe we should hear the full story before dismissing him as a scumbag.
    I hope you would be as understanding if a drug addict ever broke into your house and violated your home, I somehow doubt it.
    Scumbag behaviour, regardless of circumstances, let him tell it to the judge.
    I wasn' t condoning the crime, merely that a better knowledge of the circumstances may shine some light on the circumstances.

Let's hope that neither you or yours ever fall by the wayside. Don't think it couldn't ever happen.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

Mametz said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

Surely we can all take a step back and know the difference between right and wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mametz said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

No excuse, no sympathy

It is so easy to judge people when you know so little about their story/issues (especially when you don't know or care for the person). Of course these actions are wrong and burglary is a huge violation of a person's privacy, but I'm sure when you're caught up in personal demons, drug addiction etc., you probably lose some of the ability to even consider other people at times.

I'm pleased to hear that your niece is turning her life around and am sure that the knowledge of the pain her actions caused is helping keep her on the straight and narrow.