Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto at Bromley Addicks on Wednesday 15th March

We pleased to inform you that our guest for the next meeting on Wednesday 15th March 2017 is Scott Minto

Scott started his career with us in 1988 and made his debut as a 17-year-old.

He made 180 appearances for Charlton before moving across London to sign for Chelsea in July 1994.

In 1997, after taking advantage of the Bosman ruling, he left Stamford Bridge to join Benfica before returning 18 months later to play for West Ham and Rotherham.

He is now a presenter of Sky Sports' Revista de La Liga show.

Please do try and get along and help us give a real Bromley Addicks welcome to Scott

As usual venue is the 'H G Wells Centre' which is located a few mins from Bromley South Station.

http://hgwellscentre.wixsite.com/hgwellscentre

8 pm start but they will be open at 7 pm if you want to pop in for a drink beforehand.

Free entry to members but you can join on the night.

Ian, Ben, David, Vince, James and Tony

Bromley Addicks Committee

Comments

• Options
    excellent guest, comes across really well on sky now and seems to be getting all the EFL games too.
  • Options
    He doesn't do Revista de La Liga anymore does he? The show isn't even on methinks unfortunately.

Would like to go.
  • Options
    Now I'm back in SE7 will do my best to attend that.
  • Options

He doesn't do Revista de La Liga anymore does he? The show isn't even on methinks unfortunately.

Would like to go.

Do come along

Now I'm back in SE7 will do my best to attend that.

See you there
  • Options
    Class player and from what I have heard a class bloke too.
  • Options
    Quality player, him and Colin Walsh made such a good combination on the left
  • Options
    class player, nice bloke, smart and good looking.

What's not to like
  • Options

What's not to like

I've not confirmed I'm coming yet though Henry?
    Your agent said you had another, better paid, engagement that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i had a nice chat with his wife last year. Although, I had been with Scott, it wasnt the right time to talk to him about Charlton.
    She was telling me that he has a deep love for Charlton and that he follows Charltons progress closely.
  • Options
    should make for a good evening then
  • Options
    I'm still reeling from the shock it was 23 years ago he left, god I'm getting old.

Him and Walsh had a great understanding, I think both made each other look good. Great times, good bunch of Pro's as well.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    forgot he played that many games for us
  • Options
    A very pleasant individual......originally from Biggin Hill.
  • Options
    Very articulate guy but he's from Bromley so only what you'd expect ; - )
  • Options

What's not to like

Paid!?

(lol)

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

What's not to like

Paid!?

(lol)

We don't pay, people do it for love and the huge exposure they get for upcoming books etc
  • Options
    Was it him who had his debut at the old Den? I was stuck behind a pillar in my one and only ever visit to Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We pleased to inform you that our guest for the next meeting on Wednesday 15th March 2017 is Scott Minto

Scott started his career with us in 1988 and made his debut as a 17-year-old.

He made 180 appearances for Charlton before moving across London to sign for Chelsea in July 1994.

In 1997, after taking advantage of the Bosman ruling, he left Stamford Bridge to join Benfica before returning 18 months later to play for West Ham and Rotherham.

He is now a presenter of Sky Sports' Revista de La Liga show.

Please do try and get along and help us give a real Bromley Addicks welcome to Scott

As usual venue is the 'H G Wells Centre' which is located a few mins from Bromley South Station.

http://hgwellscentre.wixsite.com/hgwellscentre

8 pm start but they will be open at 7 pm if you want to pop in for a drink beforehand.

Free entry to members but you can join on the night.

Ian, Ben, David, Vince, James and Tony

Bromley Addicks Committee

Surprised the grammar police have not pulled you about the missing "are". Although when you say the first line in a pirate voice and add a "Ah Arrr" on the end it sounds good. :smile:
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

What's not to like

Paid!?

(lol)

We don't pay, people do it for love and the huge exposure they get for upcoming books etc
    Now there's a thought!

Joking apart, what I need is a Clapham or Battersea Addicks so that I won't be so sad and lonely down in deepest darkest south west London.
  • Options
    Vince lives in Battersea (unless he's moved).
  • Options

Forgive me, I don't know who Vince is.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

He probably lives next door to you?

;o)

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

He probably lives next door to you?

;o)

Nah, that's Gavin (Liverpool) and Ezio (Milan).

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

He's one of the more well known Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm still reeling from the shock it was 23 years ago he left, god I'm getting old.

Him and Walsh had a great understanding, I think both made each other look good. Great times, good bunch of Pro's as well.

Popular with the female supporters as well, there were a few heartbroken girls when he left!
  • Options
    lolwray said:

forgot he played that many games for us

In those days, players playing 200 games for us was nothing unusual...I'd be staggered if any of our current team (after Jacko and Solly) make it past 100...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Went to my school Charles Darwin in Biggin Hill. Scott was two years above me so didn't know him. But we had good full backs at that school. Ben Thatcher was in my year.