Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cov sack Slade

Comments

• Options
    As KR may well be. We know how to pick them.
  • Options
    Having been at Cardiff, Orient, us and Coventry, where next on his mad owner football club journey ?
  • Options
    Has there ever been a manager sacked twice in the same season?

Could be a 1st
  • Options

Having been at Cardiff, Orient, us and Coventry, where next on his mad owner football club journey ?

• Options
    He needs to go down a division and take on a nice stable club. He's a good manager but just needs time.
  • Options
    Maybe he should consider a career change.
  • Options
    The money he's made this season from being utter shit!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Could be a 1st

Sacked twice in less than 4 months, if he gets another job before May he could be in the unique position of being at 4 clubs in less than a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must be doing quite well.
  • Options
    Probably will be best remembered for signing Yakubu. Biggest and slowest sack of shit of a player in any club's history.
  • Options
    As I said on the thread that talked about them hiring him, I'm amazed he went there to be honest. If working with our incompetent owner wasn't enough, why put yourself through it again
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Could be a 1st

Has there ever been a manager sacked from two clubs relegated in the same season? Could be a very uncomfortable first.
  • Options
    He wanted to get ahead of Robbo when it comes to signing on next week!
  • Options
    3 wins out of 16. Sounds familiar.
  • Options
    Might be wrong but I think Billy McNeil was sacked at 2 clubs both relegated from the top flight.
  • Options

Might be wrong but I think Billy McNeil was sacked at 2 clubs both relegated from the top flight.

Was about to say the same - Villa and Man City
  • Options

About 6 years wages for 8 months work maybe?

Blackpool next?
  • Options
    Thank God. We've got Coventry at the end of the season and that might actually be a relegation decider for us; was a nailed on loss if he had still been there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thank God. We've got Coventry at the end of the season and that might actually be a relegation decider for us; was a nailed on loss if he had still been there

Match might get abandoned and we are given the 3 points.

• Options

Match might get abandoned and we are given the 3 points.

That would be a Good Friday.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Blackpool next?
    Do clubs have to pay up a full contract if he finds another club to manage. I thought they only paid for the time of their contract while out of work?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

MrLargo said:

Blackpool next?
    Do clubs have to pay up a full contract if he finds another club to manage. I thought they only paid for the time of their contract while out of work?
    It depends.

The pay off will be set out in the contract and would normally be 6 months to a year or at least it was in the "old days" at Charlton.

But a manager might have a strong negotiating position and so ask for and get longer.

I heard that the club didnt want to pay off Nugent hence why he wasn't sacked but wasn't working at the club for weeks. When he got a job he was "allowed" to leave.
  • Options
    Two payoff 's in one season has probably made him the highest paid manager in league one .
    The man's a genius
  • Options
    We had mid-table mediocrity under Slade.

Something that by the end of the season we might well wish to take.

Bring back Russell I say ...!