Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#Unity Protest 4th March - Accounts from those there

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy said:

As a non attender please forgive my intrusion. It is obvious that you all displayed a brilliant picture of our Club and its supporters. Well done to all involved. Having said that I am left imagining Roland sitting with his friends saying " thanks for the compliments, under my guidance most Charlton supporters are very pleased with what I am doing, and behave very well. "
    In other words I am questioning whether you have done anything to worry him, or move him to change his ways. You might have seen from me a demand for action which will hurt him such as a total boycott. He obviously lives for money so you must hit him financially. We have a massive problem with this ignorant individual, if you are not prepared to play legally but unpleasantly to an extreme you might as well give up. Think about how wonderful it would be if we can oust him and his puppet, and then get very very angry !

You have posted a similar thought on another thread and the answer is pretty much the same. You are highly unlikely to get a total boycott for a number of reasons. For many people the act of going to the game when Charlton are playing is just such a part of the fabric of their life that they cannot conceive of not doing it. Others " support the team and not the regime" and feel the best way to help the club through this crisis is to support the team whoever actually owns or runs the club. A minority of supporters actually believe in giving the current regime their support and that ultimately under this stewardship the team and the club will once again become something to be proud of. Given this, a "total" boycott is not a realistically feasible proposition.

In your other post you listed a number of other " nasty" actions that you felt ought to be taken and in response I pointed that most of these have already been done in form or another and that most people on this forum would not consider them particularly "nasty".

You are now saying that we ought to behave legally but more "unpleasantly" Can you give specific examples of what you mean by that? Could you also confirm that you would be willing to take an active part in this unpleasantness?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    And the farter was an Iron in the Jimm Seed!
  • Options

And the farter was an Iron in the Jimm Seed!

Shouldn't be calling someone an iron when it was an anti homophobia day.
  • Options
    Belated thanks to everyone involved in organising this truly unique get together. Great to meet so many dedicated Addicks and so proud of the way we conducted ourselves. Great crowd in the Holiday Inn Express in Hasselt and much serious planning carried out in case we have to go back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Morboe said:

Not sure if it has already been mentioned..but how nice was the rendition of the red red robin at the start of the march?

Goosebumps moment...
    As soon as the Red Red Robin started to be sung spontaneously, images of my Dad and the old days came to mind. May have had the same affect on others.
  • Options
    For those going to game on Saturday who met up with Marc, @GermanAddick , in Belgium, note that the German Addicks will be at game on Saturday and in Oak before the game.
    Come and say hello.
  • Options
    It was a great weekend. Though must be honest and say I'm glad it wasn't this weekend with all the snow still around yesterday. Just very wet on the March as I remember. Not that it mattered.
  • Options
    I recall there were some great banners on display.

Seriously, The 3 Per Cent were brilliant and the people of St Truiden very welcoming. It felt like something that had to be done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also took in the sights of Brussels, Gent and Bruges.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The way this sale is dragging on, I can see there may yet be a need for another visit!

Edit: Appears from another thread I'm not the only one to be thinking this! https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/77087/unity-protest-4th-march-accounts-from-those-there/p6 https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/81139/date-of-the-st-truiden-election/p1
  • Options
    Oops! Sorry @Uboat - I appear to have torpedoed myself!! Try https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/81139/date-of-the-st-truiden-election/p1 instead!
  • Options
    I went to the Northampton game, and you couldnt get a game that screamed "Duchatelet era" more then that one. We were shocking.
  • Options
    Was a good day. Bloody long day though.
  • Options

I recall there were some great banners on display.

Seriously, The 3 Per Cent were brilliant and the people of St Truiden very welcoming. It felt like something that had to be done.

ooops!
  • Options
    It was a great weekend! It’s one of my Charlton memories that Me and my daughter will never forget.
    Fuck off Roland!!
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

It was a great weekend! It’s one of my Charlton memories that Me and my daughter will never forget.
    Fuck off Roland!!

Your daughter won't thats for sure. She'd never been to a St Truiden press conference before. Lol. ;)