Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

#Unity Protest 4th March - Accounts from those there

Comments

• Stig said:

PART 1

Got on the day coach at Ebbsfleet. Nice welcome from our stewards Heather and Dom. Thanks very much for the sausage roll - that was a lovely touch. Straight way told that we had film crews on board and shortly after we were all chanting 'We want Roland Out' whilst cameramen walked up and down the aisle. I thought we could have had a bit more variety with our bus chanting and was wracking my brain for some alternative chants, but I couldn't think of any that were clean enough for tv.

Had a nice breakfast on the ferry and a chat with @cantersaddick and his mate, who I'd thought told us that his handle was @cafcluke but that doesn't seem to appear here. I expect this is another case of me getting someone's name wrong. I wasn't sure where the ferry was going. I'd assumed Calais, it took a left turn and headed up the coast. After what seemed like ages of slowly chugging slowly up the French coast, I assumed we were heading for Ostend, Zeebrugge or perhaps Trondheim. As it turned out we were heading for the DFDS terminal at Loon Plage which sounds pretty appropriate considering who we were protesting about.

The up the motorway with Forrest Gump on; we just kept on running and running and running. Was aware that @InspectorSands was on our coach and was tempted to shout out and find out who he was. I decided not to though; I didn't want to shout his name in public for fear of causing a security alert.

Arrived in St Truiden. A strange town that seemed half shut. Soon after, the heavens opened and I began to wonder wether Duchatelet was like a mad professor who somehow controlled the local weather.

Duchatelet OUT (1 of 1)-7

Saw the magnificent 2Percent who were absolutely fantastic. Lively and positive with some great tunes. Just right to get everyone in the party spirit.

Duchatelet OUT (1 of 1)-6

No Stig you are right he is @cafc luke

Good to see you and Cliff again!
  • edited March 2017
  • edited March 2017
    ...53, 54, 55...(message to @Pico 'how many on the coaches again?' Ans '109'... oh)....some time later..107, 108, 109
  • Hmm don't know what happened to the rest of the post above, will need to write again later..
  • I thought it was rather succinct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Succinct could not be used to describe KR's post-match, which suddenly burst out over the tannoy in the bus. Sad to see him change from a thrusting young manager bursting with confidence to a gibbering wreck. Still, it provided a few minutes of gallows humour.
  • sorry to not buy you that beer @bolloxbolder or you @LargeAddick .

However either of you could get @Addickted to buy you one in lieu of the waffle he owes me.
  • Is that you with the 'We Want Our Charlton Back' banner? I'd have said hello, if I'd known.
  • Yes and likewise. Admire your work on here mate. I was row 4 on coach opposite Dom the Steward.
  • sorry to not buy you that beer @bolloxbolder or you @LargeAddick .

However either of you could get @Addickted to buy you one in lieu of the waffle he owes me.

Did I miss your declared travel time then @PragueAddick?
  • Grateful if the chat stuff can be on the other thread please guys and girls, thanks
  • The lack of climax to the protest was I am afraid my fault. I had around 20 confetti cannon but in the rush to start the march had given them away to others to get out there.

Had thought they would be classed as littering which was why we haven't fully planned them but seems police less bothered (until they find bits of metallic confetti all over the town for the next 2 months).
  • Sponsored links:

• Neil disappoints again with lack of climax!
    Roland's view of what success is for his own, home town club summed up in one picture...money from advertising, no fans.
  • edited March 2017
  • That's the away end under development isn't it?

I think it was against Oostende where the away fans could be counted on one persons fingers without the need to utilise the opposable digits.

Could be wrong though as the Belgian beer is quite strong.
    Roland's view of what success is for his own, home town club summed up in one picture...money from advertising, no fans.

Top left of the picture along the stand, hotel.shoppping, business, top right eat&drink, party, sports. All a bit worrying.