Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst manager under RD's regime?

Has to be a competition between KF and Knobinson - they're both useless but for me Tarbuck shades it on account of the fact that he talks such bollocks.
We're really spoilt for choice...

Comments

• Options
    The 'interim'.
  • Options
    Spread out
  • Options
    Smile.
  • Options
    It could only be Karel Fraeye.

For all of the frustration Robinson brings he's the only appointed manager under RD not to have had a summer transfer window to build a team. Lets see how he does once he's not got a squad of players containing signings made by Peeters, Luzon and Slade. Technically you could also include Parkinson for signing JJ but that would be too harsh and to be fair to Slade most of his signings weren't bad.

Fair enough Fraeye didn't get a transfer window either but thankfully he was never given the opportunity.
  • Options
    Of all the insults we've had to endure during Duchatelet's tenure, Fraeye is well up there. Wouldn't even class him as a manager, it was that much of a joke.
  • Options
    Fraeye lost a game to Robinson.

Never thought anyone would come close to "co-ordinating the network Karel" but Jimmy Tarbuck is pushing it. Lower division and has had a window.

And I think Fraeye might have a little bit more self respect too.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Interesting that the choice of candidates has provoked no discussion at all....
  • Options
    Robinson.

People claim he has worked in football before but I see through their lies!

I am adament that less than 6 months ago this fella was a scaffolder from the Wirral.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Fraeye definitely. He was given the managers job, had a big coat and even got a pair of Klopp style specs at one point, but could only ever be described as 'manager'

Robinson at least has some background in football and experienced a modicum of success somewhere. Fraeye can only even say he won three in a row at FC Nobend in the Belgian regional league
  • Options
    Robinson might not play the right formations for this team but at least he doesn't play 3-0-7 like Fraeye
  • Options
    Theres been one person managing things throughout the last 3+ years, goes by the name of Katrien.
  • Options
    Robinson is bad, but Fraeye is almost certainly the worst manager in the history of this football club.
  • Options
    What are the stats for them all. Win %age, average GD per game.

More scientific but still likely to show Fraeye as the worst of a very bad bunch. Still at least they were all cheap!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Robinson is bad, but Fraeye is almost certainly the worst manager in the history of this football club.

True, but I think they will stick with Robinson against all good reason and he will end up with the worst ever record for a Charlton manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson always struck me as a Steve Sherwood type who relentlessly talked himself up until people started believing it. But now he's looking like Pardew when things started going wrong in his only full season, throwing something different at the wall each week and hoping it sticks.

I've always said you get nowhere endlessly sacking managers, but we seem to be in freefall at the moment and KR just seems to be adding to the problems.
  • Options
    But this is clearly all the fault of the ajihnpissers who have created a bad atmosphere. Last year, they have said all sorts of things about the management team and the manager (interesting differentiation).

I, like Roland blame everyone other than him.

No, I don't, I blame him.

As my son says frequently, but Roland is an idiot dad, nothing he does with Charlton makes any sense. This, precisely, is the point.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye is pretty much unbeatable for this accolade. At least with Robinson there was some sense in his appointment.

Fraeye was such a nobody that even the club were too scared to report which club/division he had joined from.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye is so far in the lead here it is incredible!
  • Options
    Oh Karel...
  • Options
    I'm convinced that if Karel fraeye somehow managed Barcalona, and he took them to welling united, they would still get thumped 4-0
  • Options
    "Knobinson"

Brilliant