Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Another day, another defeat and our shambles of a club contInues to free fall.

Grateful for post match views, please keep the Belgium protest stuff to the other thread, thanks

Comments

• Options
    Whatever the plan was with Robinson it's not working. Sure, the club itself is poisonous and nothing is truly going to change until the ownership does, but for now I don't see how he can carry on. We've got decent enough defenders and a shocking defence. What we need to do now is get enough points to pull clear of relegation and then hope Roland sells. Dropping down to League Two would be a level beyond even the worst case scenarios I'd thought of for this season
  • Options
    Where would we be without RD KM and the mighty Knobinson?
  • Options
    Our club is broken - from top to bottom....it's hard to see where any hope can be found
  • Options
    And to think this death dive probably has more chapters left. Just when you think the absolute bottom has been scraped yet more rabbits appear! We all know what needs to happen don't we.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Honestly thought Robinson would do a half decent job when he was appointed.

His record however is shocking and there are no signs he's even close to turning it around.

My fear is that the players don't want to play for him or have seen through him.

He should resign.

Couldn't have put it any better. I'll admit to liking him when he first arrived, and thought he'd be good for us. But he's made us worse, the players don't want to play for him and with the run of games coming up, it's now looking highly likely we'll be in the bottom 4 by the end of the month.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Were gonna struggle in the playoffs if we carry on this run of form

I think its clear that they obviously meant the League 2 play-offs at the start of the season.
  • Options
    If Swindon hadn't conceded last minute to lose despite dominating then would be even close to bottom 3. And they've won 2 out of last 3 and should've won today. Ajose not in squad - any idea why?

In such freefall will be at mercy of others to stay up at this rate
  • Options
    Another tactical disaster, the team were completely devoid of ideas, basic mistakes, shaky defence, no threat up front today.
    I can't see how tarby is going to last much longer.
  • Options
    Shit owner shit CEO shit manager shit players - marvellous!
  • Options
    The sheer nonsense of the situation is shown up by both Teixeira and Watt coming on as subs - neither, I suspect, really want to be here, both have probably fallen out with Jimmy Tarbuck and probably couldn't give a ****.

And JT expects them to break sweat for him?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The decision to loan Ajose to Swindon could yet be the biggest cock up ever.
  • Options
    Are the players KR is getting ready to bring in, in the summer for League 1 or League 2?
  • Options
    Watched most of it on the shaky FB stream (but thanks for it anyway). We look down already. Seen it before in other relegation years. No confidence, no heart, no belief. We are badly broken. Don't think Robinson is the man to fix it - if it's even fixable. Very depressing.
  • Options
    Have to ask, why did we let Nugent go?
  • Options
    He's clueless. Regardless of joke owners and CEO's, this bloke isn't up to it.
    Who will be to blame in the Post match press conference today ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He's clueless. Regardless of joke owners and CEO's, this bloke isn't up to it.
    Who will be to blame in the Post match press conference today ?

You can be sure of one thing, he won't blame himself.

Probably blame the protestors in Belgium.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Have to ask, why did we let Nugent go?

Because he knew what he was doing.

They could have just given him the job to the end of the season.

Fat too easy for Pinocchio to work that out out.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

We are fucked. The team are a busted flush, a set of bodies thrown together and given no direction by our glorious scouse leader. Players aren't stupid and I am guessing they sussed Robinson almost immediately. He has taken us from tight as a gnats chuff defensively to an utter shambles in 3 months. He talks and talks and delivers nothing. He absolutely has to go. It pains me to say it, but it might be too late - this tailspin could already be terminal. However, if we are to have any chance at all it can't be under this manager. I'd give it to Jackson. At least the players respect him and might just rally behind him. Who knows? What Indo know, is that if Roland doesn't sack him, then he doesn't care whether we go down or not.

Eloquent and well put.This is really all that needs to be said on the matter.