Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe programme treasure hunt

Katrien's earned her corn this week.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-scunthorpe-united-programme-tickets-3605189.aspx

Supporters should keep their eyes peeled for a number of limited-edition wallets that have been dotted in and around south east London
Charlton supporters should keep their eyes peeled for a number of limited-edition wallets that have been dotted in and around south east London.

The 50 wallets each contain a programme from our postponed fixture against Scunthorpe United, signed by cover star Adam Chicksen, as well as two tickets to the rearranged fixture on Tuesday, March 7th.

First-team players and members of staff have been out to hide them in various locations and fans are now tasked with finding them.

Centre-back Jason Pearce headed out with Player Liaison Officer Tracey Leaburn earlier to leave his in his family’s favourite sweet shop and you can see how they got on below.

Supporters should keep their eyes peeled for a number of limited-edition wallets that have been dotted in and around south east London
Charlton supporters should keep their eyes peeled for a number of limited-edition wallets that have been dotted in and around south east London.

The 50 wallets each contain a programme from our postponed fixture against Scunthorpe United, signed by cover star Adam Chicksen, as well as two tickets to the rearranged fixture on Tuesday, March 7th.

First-team players and members of staff have been out to hide them in various locations and fans are now tasked with finding them.

Centre-back Jason Pearce headed out with Player Liaison Officer Tracey Leaburn earlier to leave his in his family’s favourite sweet shop and you can see how they got on below.

Also inside the wallets is a certificate of authenticity which, on its reverse, gives the following details on what to do should you find one:

1. Take a picture of yourself with your programme and tickets where you found it
2. Either Tweet the photo using #cafc or email it to fans@cafc.co.uk
3. We’ll respond with a picture to show you which player or staff member hid your programme
4. Use your two free tickets to attend the match between Charlton Athletic and Scunthorpe United on March 7th
5. See your picture in the programme and on the big screen

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Katrien's earned her corn this week.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-scunthorpe-united-programme-tickets-3605189.aspx

Also inside the wallets is a certificate of authenticity which, on its reverse, gives the following details on what to do should you find one:

1. Take a picture of yourself with your programme and tickets where you found it
    2. Either Tweet the photo using #cafc or email it to fans@cafc.co.uk
    3. We’ll respond with a picture to show you which player or staff member hid your programme
    4. Use your two free tickets to attend the match between Charlton Athletic and Scunthorpe United on March 7th
    5. See your picture in the programme and on the big screen

Wtf!
  • Options
    Laughable.

How much we paying these PR *****s?
  • Options
    There's desperate, then there's hiding tickets in sweet shops hoping people look for them (as if they're hot propperty and in demand!)
  • Options
    Can't even give them away.
  • Options
    Bit of fun and it's a rare programme.

Bromley people will know that sweet shop.

Open to offers for a spare Scunny programme, not signed.
  • Options

Bit of fun and it's a rare programme.

Bromley people will know that sweet shop.

Open to offers for a spare Scunny programme, not signed.

Rare programme?

Unless they have pulped them, there are about 3,000 sitting in the ticket office!

Far fewer than that, about 75.
  • Options
    If anyone can be bothered pretty sure the sweatshop is at Royal Parade chislehurst.

Also was Rudd at the 'presentation' yesterday afternoon, you know after they came in about 12:30, watched the game etc etc? As someone fitting his description was in Sainsburys at school chuck out time......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

If anyone can be bothered pretty sure the sweatshop is at Royal Parade chislehurst.

Also was Rudd at the 'presentation' yesterday afternoon, you know after they came in about 12:30, watched the game etc etc? As someone fitting his description was in Sainsburys at school chuck out time......

Yes, that's the one. Pearce and Rudd both live in Chislehurst. All the best people live in Bromley do the you know.
  • Options
    What about the large number ( ? majority) of fans that live outside SE London ?

What a waste of time !
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Yes, that's the one. Pearce and Rudd both live in Chislehurst. All the best people live in Bromley do the you know.
    Don't go telling the Chislehurst crowd they live in Bromley :wink:
    Bickley is the smart address in LBB
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Surely that's a pond outside ? Anyway there's no sweet shop in Royal Parade afaik. Chislehurst High Street surely ?
  • Options
    FFS Since when was Chislehurst in SE London???
    I know I left the area 30 years ago but I thought it used to be posh :smile:
  • Options

To be fair, it's a bit of fun and actually a decent idea.

Apologist
  • Options
    Yeah the sweet shop next to Natwest I believe, opposite the pond. @LouisMend and I found one today also, we put it back though, even though it was signed by Cory Gibbs.
  • Options
    Imagine your luck in finding Chicksen's autograph and 2 tickets to Charlton v Scunthorpe !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you know what would be even better PR?

Winning a match.
  • Options
    It will be the time for them to hide chocolate eggs soon. I'm sure the PR bunch and Daisy will delight with that, providing Sue doesn't come across them first. Also they can put in a May pole at the end of season so everyone can join RD in a dance around it.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    When I lived in Bromley in the 60s with my grandad I seem to remember there used to be 'happenings' in Chistlehurst caves. Or perhaps they were after he died, so 67-69 ish? Anyone remember anything about them? Might've been live bands playing? Or a club scene or something?

Also Jimmy lived in New St Hill, opposite Sundridge Park golf course. It used to be quite posh back in the day, but seems much more run down now? Our next door neighbour was a surgeon or anaesthetist, and his son went to Dulwich College.
    I drove past the house a couple of years ago, and much to my surprise he was standing outside the house. He and his wife were both still alive, both in their mid nineties.
    Sorry, this was off topic....it was just the mention of Chistlehurst.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

When I lived in Bromley in the 60s with my grandad I seem to remember there used to be 'happenings' in Chistlehurst caves. Or perhaps they were after he died, so 67-69 ish? Anyone remember anything about them? Might've been live bands playing? Or a club scene or something?

Yeah, Hendrix played the caves a couple of times!

newsshopper.co.uk/news/170247.those_60s_raves_in_the_caves/
  • Options
    I remember Bromley for wasting my gap year working as a lifeguard at the Pavilion and assistant to the duty manager at adventure kingdom.

A large part of my life revolved around that place because a good few of my mates opted for Bullers Wood 6th form as it was all girls that broke into boys for 6th form. I was driven to go up there quite a bit as The birds were of decent quality and I had Christ the f****** King as my 6th form which was an amalgamation of 9 of the roughest catholic secondary schools where all the rude boys came together for weekly gang war fights with knifes etc

In fact I remember being in the gym one lunchtime and my copy of metal gear solid for the play station was stolen. That wouldn't have happened at Bullers Wood
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

JamesSeed said:

Wow, thanks for that. Yes that's really jogged my memory. I was only 12 or 13 when I wanted to go, so there was no way my mum and dad would let me. The gigs were illegal it says in the article - exciting!
    My mum relented a bit in '69 or '70 and let me go to the Fairfield Halls to see Traffic supported by If, and Pentangle.
    I also saw Uriah Heep & The Grounhogs in Bromley New Theatre in 1971. They were so loud my ears rang for three weeks. Not sure there were so many audio level regulations back then.
    Sorry this is off topic. Needs new thread maybe?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

JamesSeed said:

The Rolling Stones also played there in the early days.