Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would we be in this position if Chris Wilder...

had taken the job?

He seems to be doings good job at Sheffield United. Don't know if he's spent a lot of dosh or just a good manager?

Comments

• He just sits in his office reading Sheffield United Life because..........................................THEY HAVE COME GOOD AT LAST!!!!
  • Sheffield Utd isn't rotten top to bottom. Don't think he could've done anything with the general shit we have to put up with.
  • He obviously has some dignity and didn't want to work for these clowns.
  • Probably the same as all the others.

Difference being that he could cut through the bullshit,had a bit of pride and had no qualms telling the Belgians to shove it!

• yes ..if chris wilder had taken the job he would have resigned by september and Congo Chris would be the latest puppet
  • had taken the job?

He seems to be doings good job at Sheffield United. Don't know if he's spent a lot of dosh or just a good manager?

He did pretty well with Oxford and Northampton, so it's no coincidence he is doing well at Sheff Utd.

It probably helps that he doesn't talk absolute rubbish all the time and doesn't make team changes, week in week out.

He strikes me as the type of manager who doesn't deflect blame on everybody else but himself when they lose as game.
  • yes..,kr isnt the route but his constant waffle and blaming of players is really starting to grate, roland assembled this team. until he goes we will see no success.
  • Impossible to say but I don't think we'd be much better.
  • A lesser degree of shitness, but shitness none the less.

Karl's a disaster, but nobody could make a success of the shambles that the Belgian's have created.

Don't think many were sad to see the back of Slade, but his turgid football now looks like it might have been a manager getting the best out of very limited resources, rather than someone "only" managing to get draws out of a squad with promotion potential.
  • I think Chris Wilder used us to negotiate a better wage at Sheffield United. Im not sure that we would be doing much better as he may not have the same control he has at Sheffield United; I imagine he runs the show from top to bottom. Who knows ?
  • Sponsored links:

• The difference in a club is not down to just the manager.

It's the owners, the coaching staff, the players and the fans....

All of the above are in conflict within our club. I honestly don't think anyone can honestly thrive under this situation, how could they.
  • Even Kevin Nugent didn't want the job, can't imagine Wilder would have stuck around.
  • Sheff Utd were bottom after four games - he would have been sacked by us and replaced by a Belgian.
  • We could have Fergie as Director of Football, Mourinho as Manager, and Wenger as First Team Coach and it wouldn't make a jot of difference: they'd still be undermined by the owner (with his tactic-awareness emails) and CEO, still have to deal with players that are demoralised by the way they are treated by the regime, and still have new players suggested to them by Mowgli.

That trinity would have 15-17 matches like everyone else before being shipped off.