Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Playing Watt is down to Robinson. Very very poor management with regard to Watt.
    Very poor message to the other players. If it is true that the majority of players have lost faith in Robinson then I would suggest his handling of Watt is a large part of it.

I get everything you mean but what about playing for your own pride?

Not one of them showed any of it out there last night
  • Options

In a couple of years time, when the game has finally run out of patience with him, Tony Watt will be sitting in a pub somewhere about 11.00 in the morning telling anyone who will listen that he used to be a top footballer.

No-one who saw him last night will believe the last part of the above sentence.

He'll be like Dave Whelan... Appearing on TV as the man who scored against Barcelona.
  • Options
    Or as they say on Sky...that goal.
  • Options
    Watt wasn't brilliant last night, but it's unfair to single him out, when the rest of our attack and midfield was equally ineffective.

Holmes may put in plenty of effort when with the ball, but he doesn't get back when we're defending, for much of the game we would have THREE players (Watt, Magennis and Holmes) up field while MK were attacking

Similarly, Magennis kept getting caught off side. Once he tried to blame Pearce when it was clearly his fault for not getting back quickly enough (he apologised soon afterwards to be fair)

For the first half hour Aribo strolled around, giving little support to Dasilva

I wonder at the fitness of both Watt and Magennis
  • Options
    With Watt it's his attitude. he clearly has some natural ability but doesn't put in the effort or application to succeed. He's not alone in that and we've seen players of his ilk before. Doesn't matter if you have the natural ability if you are unable to use it productively. Having a player like that on the field makes everyone else's job twice as difficult, have two or three and that's why we are where we are.

For those old enough compare him to a Garry Nelson. Nelson wasn't exactly the most gifted forward we've ever had, but a solid pro who through effort and application did a really good job for us in the back end of his journeyman carer (think he was about 30 when signed).

I'd happily swap Watt for a 34 year old Garry Nelson right now.

IMHO Watt should be dropped and come summer sold if we can get any money for him or given away for free, we just can't afford to carry players like that anymore. Waste of a position, waste of a shirt and a waste of money.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I've been screaming it from the hilltops. GET RID.

I'm now horse.
  • Options
    He pisses me off and I'm not sure if i can give him anymore chances especially after last night. (and I'm pretty certain he doesn't give a shit what i think anyway)

Bloke has talent, he knows it. Could be a hero in our eyes. Could be a legend. There's another thread on here for a forward with similar talent and you would be hard pressed to find one Charlton fan who would not class yann a hero or a legend or at least a real talent who gave it his all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

I'm now horse.
    goodbye 'orse
  • Options
    Laziest professional footballer I have EVER seen. The man is stealing a living. When your back is against the wall he is the worst type of player you could have in a squad battling to stay up. Wouldn't even get in the squad if I was running it. Mind you, come to that nor would a few more.
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

I'm now horse.
    Goodbye horse
  • Options
    is he off again? Noticed he's deleted all mention of Charlton on his twitter...
  • Options

is he off again? Noticed he's deleted all mention of Charlton on his twitter...

I suspect that has worn him out!
  • Options
    Yes noticed that too. Very odd.
    I suspect he is off in the summer and wants out of Charlton
  • Options
    probably got the hump because he was a sub & not in the team - but that was probably more down to KR's usual "squad rotation" / "tactics" rather than his performance on Tuesday night.
  • Options
    What a waste of talent he has wasted! He is going backwards and can't blame it on the Charlton situation as not really been a success at his loan moves!
  • Options
    He posted a picture of him in a Charlton shirt about an hour before kick off yesterday (I thought that was a bit bizarre) and that is still there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's upset at not playing yesterday and changed his Twitter bio/image so people know that he's not happy.

Particularly daft when the team won.

A professional footballer wouldn't do that, and would keep a low profile if they were annoyed (nothing wrong with being annoyed at not playing)

As a footballer, if you can't contain your emotion, then you shouldn't be on Twitter.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Yes noticed that too. Very odd.
    I suspect he is off in the summer and wants out of Charlton

I am sure he wants out. I am not so sure that with the baggage he now has anyone would want him, other than on a pay-per-play basis
  • Options
    He can leave if he likes, will be lucky to get a gig playing for the Dog & Duck
  • Options
    You have to ask which of our managers were happy to sign him for the club.
    Whoever parked him here has a lot to answer for. Never mind our season getting back on track, he ought to concentrate on getting his career back on track first.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Interesting to see if him and Tex are with us next year. Ditto Kashi, Igor, Ceballos, Lennon and Ajose. Would like Rudd and Mavididi back but none of the others. I expect the 3 young forwards to play more of a part, surprised if Barnes, Djiksteel and Lapslie don't and a fit Archie Edwards will get his mojo back and feature although decent Chicksen not favoured by KR and can't believe we paid £400k for Page. But then Gobbo wants 10 in, so expect more to go. Hope JJ retires to become #2.
  • Options

Interesting to see if him and Tex are with us next year. Ditto Kashi, Igor, Ceballos, Lennon and Ajose. Would like Rudd and Mavididi back but none of the others. I expect the 3 young forwards to play more of a part, surprised if Barnes, Djiksteel and Lapslie don't and a fit Archie Edwards will get his mojo back and feature although decent Chicksen not favoured by KR and can't believe we paid £400k for Page. But then Gobbo wants 10 in, so expect more to go. Hope JJ retires to become #2.

The current list and what I reckon;

1. Declan Rudd - Return to parent
    2. Lewis Page - will be here
    3. Adam Chicken - will be here
    4. Johnnie Jackson - Player Coach
    5. Patrick Bauer - Sold
    6. Roger Johnson - effectively left the building already
    7. Tony Watt - sold
    8. Andrew Crofts - released
    9. Josh Magennis - 50/50 if stay or sold, gut feel sold.
    11. Ricky Holmes - Sold, Sheff Utd
    12. Stephy Mavididi - Won't return
    13. Dillon Phillips - 1st Choice keeper, stays
    14. Jordan Botaka - Return to parent
    15. Ezri Konsa - sold
    16. Jason Pearce - will be here
    17. Fredrik Ulvestad - return to parent
    18. Karlan Ahearne-Grant - stay
    19. Jake Forster-Caskey - stay, unfortunately
    20. Chris Solly - stay
    21. Nathan Byrne - return to parent
    25. Ahmed Kashi -m never coming back, released
    26. Harry Lennon - sold/released
    27. Dimitar Bitov - stay
    30. Lee Novak - sold
    32. Joe Aribo - stay, will be sold in January
    35. George Lapse - stay
    36. Jay Dasilva - return to parent
    42. Jordan Beeney - stay
    50. Jorge Teixeira - sold

Coming in, will be a load of free's, a few loans and about 3 money paid for.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

The current list and what I reckon;

1. Declan Rudd - Return to parent
    2. Lewis Page - will be here
    3. Adam Chicken - will be here
    4. Johnnie Jackson - Player Coach
    5. Patrick Bauer - Sold
    6. Roger Johnson - effectively left the building already
    7. Tony Watt - sold
    8. Andrew Crofts - released
    9. Josh Magennis - 50/50 if stay or sold, gut feel sold.
    11. Ricky Holmes - Sold, Sheff Utd
    12. Stephy Mavididi - Won't return
    13. Dillon Phillips - 1st Choice keeper, stays
    14. Jordan Botaka - Return to parent
    15. Ezri Konsa - sold
    16. Jason Pearce - will be here
    17. Fredrik Ulvestad - return to parent
    18. Karlan Ahearne-Grant - stay
    19. Jake Forster-Caskey - stay, unfortunately
    20. Chris Solly - stay
    21. Nathan Byrne - return to parent
    25. Ahmed Kashi -m never coming back, released
    26. Harry Lennon - sold/released
    27. Dimitar Bitov - stay
    30. Lee Novak - sold
    32. Joe Aribo - stay, will be sold in January
    35. George Lapse - stay
    36. Jay Dasilva - return to parent
    42. Jordan Beeney - stay
    50. Jorge Teixeira - sold

Coming in, will be a load of free's, a few loans and about 3 money paid for.
    A depressing read, and probably quite accurate with the amount of departures.

The opening day of the season could see anything up to 7 players making their debuts.