Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I'm starting to warm to Robbo. Not that it will make any difference because I think Watt's attitude is too far ingrained.
  • Options

seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but given he hasn't been playing, does Watt actively undermine the manager? Or would you rather not say?
    I would rather not say out loud in writing what I heard yesterday, you'll have to make do with the way I have expressed things.
    Yawn.

Just say what you think/heard or just don't say anything at all. It's embarrassing when fans spout off about what they heard about a player, but then don't bother to back it up with any substance or facts.

For the record, I know nothing about Tony Watt, but even though I've defended him whole heartedly before I thought today he looked heavy and slow and over celebrated his peno.
    This is fair enough. When someone says they know something and are not explicit it is annoying. I thought what I originally wrote was cryptic enough, but enough for people to work out what I meant. If it isn't totally explicit it is driven by the desire not to break a confidence rather than to come across like the big 'I am'.
    The thing about any gossip is that it is impossible to introduce facts, and proof. The reason I wrote anything at all is because my conversation was with somebody a bit involved with the club rather than a fellow supporter and it had more significance because of that.
    Lesson learned, I will keep what I find out off this forum in the future.
    Please accept my apologies for embarrassing you.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I'm not sure I buy that, as Watt now looks less fit than he did back in January
  • Options
    I would suggest that we try to get a fee for him as soon as the window opens. God only knows what he will look like come August.
  • Options

Love you Tony <3</p>

Tony Hart has been under ground a long time..
  • Options
    Will everybody stop being so cagey about shit....either say something or don't!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but given he hasn't been playing, does Watt actively undermine the manager? Or would you rather not say?
    I would rather not say out loud in writing what I heard yesterday, you'll have to make do with the way I have expressed things.
    Yawn.

Just say what you think/heard or just don't say anything at all. It's embarrassing when fans spout off about what they heard about a player, but then don't bother to back it up with any substance or facts.

For the record, I know nothing about Tony Watt, but even though I've defended him whole heartedly before I thought today he looked heavy and slow and over celebrated his peno.
    Or, maybe, bringing something to air publicly would be detrimental all round? I have heard what was said to Seth, and who his source was, and I promise you that it's 1) legit; and 2) something best mentioned in private, then maaaaaybe "leaked" in some way.

And Watt can still do one despite the penalty. He looks fat, unfit, and lazy, and was outpaced by a centre back who'd played the entire match. Joke of a celebration, too.
    Leak it then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched him celebrated the goal on line, he does well to jump over the ad board and land on the concrete ledge. While the other just run up to the board, reminded me of a pile up at a national fence.

• Options
    Any player that knows the correct name of the stands commands some respect. Aint that right Tone?
    Afternoon to my new friends in SE9 ;)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:
    Regardless of what you think of him, it's a really nice moment.

I said in the post match thread that I thought it could well be his last goal for us, given he hasn't really looked like scoring from open play. But I'm glad he got it. I think it's a bit too early to say it's "the goal that kept us up" should we stay up, but it made for a big three points. Watt is a player whose talent I don't rate quite as highly as some because I find it limited, he lacks consistent finishing or the vision and ability to pick a pass that is required of an attacker like him in the modern game. That said, I'm glad that, if that is his kind of send off, it was a nice moment.
    I can't work out if this is a joke or not
  • Options
    I'm sure TW will get plenty of minutes on the pitch before the end of the season, especially if Magennis is injured, whether KR wants it or not...
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:
    Regardless of what you think of him, it's a really nice moment.

I said in the post match thread that I thought it could well be his last goal for us, given he hasn't really looked like scoring from open play. But I'm glad he got it. I think it's a bit too early to say it's "the goal that kept us up" should we stay up, but it made for a big three points. Watt is a player whose talent I don't rate quite as highly as some because I find it limited, he lacks consistent finishing or the vision and ability to pick a pass that is required of an attacker like him in the modern game. That said, I'm glad that, if that is his kind of send off, it was a nice moment.
    I can't work out if this is a joke or not
    It was sincere.
  • Options
    Think the 'fatso' remark is a bit out of date now, probably in the best shape I've seen him in physically. I say that as I saw him with his shirt off before he came on...
  • Options
    That penalty was a nice strike , which is a step up from some of our other players who can't kick a ball properly .
    He has been a complete let down but his and Jackos goals gave me and the kids a chance to bang out a couple of Charlton chants that didn't involve the wanky ownership for once , when I told them the result
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He certainly looks heavier and more sluggish then he did during his last spell with us.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He certainly looks heavier and more sluggish then he did during his last spell with us.

Even if he's 'beefed up' rather than got fat (I can't see from Row U)... you can hardly dispute that.

I'm going to label myself an irrationally pro-Tony Watt person, I just like the bloke. Stand by the opinion that he'll do absolutely nothing good for us though.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    That photo doesn't look like someone who's "beefed" up...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'd send him off to a local athletics club and/or sports institute to get him tested out.
    They might also take a look at his diet - to make sure it's not a 'seefood diet'.
  • Options
    Great admiration for his 'bottle' in grabbing that penalty.

It is a concern that, fresh off the bench, he couldn't outpace a central defender who had played 80 minutes and in any event is hardly Usain Bolt!

The TWWW that was here previously had a burst of acceleration in his locker.

Will he be able to get it back with improved fitness?
  • Options
    Hero
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Whatever is wrong with Charlton on the pitch, I can't imagine anything Watt could be up to that could explain it. Is he responsible for us getting caned down the wings cos 4-2-3-1 is too narrow? Is he responsible for lack of goals because we usually play only one up front even at home (not him)? Is he resposible for our calamitous defending recently? Joey Barton he is not. Perhaps the informant has an agenda?
  • Options
    If a relatively young professional footballer who has not been injured cannot have a reasonable degree of fitness at this stage of the season then you have to wonder 1) what his own approach to his sport is and 2) what the hell the club are doing to let him continue to carry extra weight and not be in peak condition.
  • Options
    Two in two.
    Goal machine.