Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    After a decent start and player of the month for August Tony has not scored since August and is now 12 games without a goal, played a decent amount as well.

81 minutes
    90 minutes
    71 minutes
    45 minutes
    25 minutes
    Unused sub
    75 minutes
    75 minutes
    77 minutes
    77 minutes
    62 minutes
    71 minutes
    82 minutes

So he is now over 830 minutes without a goal
  • Options
    But isn't that his career in a nutshell?
  • Options
    Had he played under a decent manager he could have been fantastic. A natural talent that no one has ever been able to realise.
  • Options
    Best is still to come he said.

2 league goals so far and we're in December.

According to wiki he has 11 league goals in his last 89 appearances.
  • Options
    he is 24 so hardly at the end of his career
  • Options

25 in a couple of weeks time - 10 clubs already and scored just 37 goals in 8 years of playing. Only club he's played more than 25 games at is, ironically, us and even those games were spread over three or four spells.

He should try and make a living as a ball juggler because that's what he's good at.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Must have been doing something right to win POTM! Good luck to him, I hope he's a success up there. At least he's playing regularly now and St Johnston are doing pretty well tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The other thing with his dedication is off the pitch, now I am not saying he shouldnt have a life away from football, every player does, but whereas other players tweet or post on instagram about training sometime with the teams but other times they are on a day off and say they are going out for a run or something, whereas watt seems to soend hours streaming computer games, now for someone who cant complete 90 minutes due to fitness issues, you would think if he was that dedicated he would try and work on that, I have seen him the night before games, tweeting till 2 in the morning, that to me isnt the best way ti prepre for a game if u have dedication.

As I said have a life outside of football but to me it seems like he thinks he doesnt need to put that extra effort in.
  • Options

Can you really see it progressing then? I've lost count of the number of posts about this lad. If he hasn't 'got it' by now he probably never will. Another one whose talent will be wasted.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Must have been doing something right to win POTM! Good luck to him, I hope he's a success up there. At least he's playing regularly now and St Johnston are doing pretty well tbf

Because of their defence - six clean sheets in the last seven matches. Watt hasn't scored since August and 2 in the league from the 18 St Johnstone have in total so perhaps he's now playing as a sweeper?

• Options
    I've never had Tony down as a goalscoring forward, he's better causing trouble when coming deep.
  • Options
    if tony watt wastes his talent then that is his fault as he is no longer a wearer of a cafc shirt - i couldnt care less
  • Options

YTS1978 said:

Because of their defence - six clean sheets in the last seven matches. Watt hasn't scored since August and 2 in the league from the 18 St Johnstone have in total so perhaps he's now playing as a sweeper?

Defending from the front maybe? It's a team game after all.

Although Tony isn't exactly known for his work rate I'll grant you!
  • Options

The other thing with his dedication is off the pitch, now I am not saying he shouldnt have a life away from football, every player does, but whereas other players tweet or post on instagram about training sometime with the teams but other times they are on a day off and say they are going out for a run or something, whereas watt seems to soend hours streaming computer games, now for someone who cant complete 90 minutes due to fitness issues, you would think if he was that dedicated he would try and work on that, I have seen him the night before games, tweeting till 2 in the morning, that to me isnt the best way ti prepre for a game if u have dedication.

As I said have a life outside of football but to me it seems like he thinks he doesnt need to put that extra effort in.

Looking at him during his time here I wouldn’t by surprised if he has a mental illness. A member of my family suffers from a bi-polar disorder and there was one game in particular, when Luzon was manager, when it appeared to me albeit looking on from a distance in the crowd, that Watt was displaying some familiar symptoms of this condition. If he does suffer from this condition then that might explain his inability to perform or apply himself in a consistent manner.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Looking at him during his time here I wouldn’t by surprised if he has a mental illness. A member of my family suffers from a bi-polar disorder and there was one game in particular, when Luzon was manager, when it appeared to me albeit looking on from a distance in the crowd, that Watt was displaying some familiar symptoms of this condition. If he does suffer from this condition then that might explain his inability to perform or apply himself in a consistent manner.
    What kind of symptoms did you observe?
  • Options

Mametz said:

Inability to run about for 90 minutes ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

Mametz said:

At times in the first half he was laughing and laughing. He also got into furious arguments with team mates. He came out for the second half and appeared to be crying. He came over to the touch line and literally put his head on Luzon’s shoulder. A few minutes later he was substituted.

I’m not claiming to be an expert in these matters but this was a very strange performance and together with his apparent inability to settle anywhere for long has set me thinking.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Didnt really want to create a new thread about it and certainly didnt want to add a link to the Scum if I could help it... Thankfully the BBC have saved me a task but interesting to hear of an EFL player (remaining anonymous) that has come forward claiming they're struggling with a Gaming Addiction which is threatening their playing career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47736883

If he wasnt back up in Scotland I'd wonder if it was Tony as he seems to have his own Channel on YouTube or Twitch (cant remember which one), makes you wonder how interested he remains to be a Footballer or whether we'll see him retire in favour of his new career 
  • Options
    Tony has turned down a new contract at St Johnsone and will be leaving them in the summer.
  • Options
    Welcome home TWWW
  • Options
    Tony has turned down a new contract at St Johnsone and will be leaving them in the summer.
    What is the poniest team in the MLS? That is where he'll end up
  • Options
    Don’t know why people keep mentioning MLS. As low as that standard may be, fitness is one thing they focus on, so I can’t see Watt being wanted there.
  • Options
    How is his movie website going?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    How is his movie website going?
    Yeh he thinks its good
    So good he has taken it to Russia ... hes just joined CSKA