Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt

Comments

• cafctom said:

The most gifted player we have had at Charlton since Yann left imo

He was very gifted, but he wasn't as gifted as Johann Berg Gudmundsson or Ricky Holmes IMO
    Disagree with Holmes. This is someone who before he joined us had never played above L2
  • cafctom said:

He was very gifted, but he wasn't as gifted as Johann Berg Gudmundsson or Ricky Holmes IMO
    Not to mention Lepoint.
    You said "Not to mention Lepoint"
  • Looks in great condition to me, as I said the computer games was just a break fir him.

• If he joins Berwick he can be playing in England and Scotland, then decides which he prefers :smiley:
  • Can't train your brain in the gym though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love to be friends with Tony.
    Beers, burgers and birds.
  • iamdan said:

Love to be friends with Tony.
    Beers, burgers and birds.

Long-term girlfriend and Fortnite from what I can gather tbh
  • Cant deny he has good technical ability. His attitude has been poor with most of his clubs but if he knuckles down he could salvage a career!
  • shirty5 said:

Looks in great condition to me, as I said the computer games was just a break fir him.

Cowdenbeef his next club then
    More like McDonald's - looks like he's good at flipping burgers!!

• addick05 said:

shirty5 said:

Looks in great condition to me, as I said the computer games was just a break fir him.

What league are McDonald's in?
  • shirty5 said:

addick05 said:

shirty5 said:

Started in the Woolwich & District League in '74.
  • I hope we never see him again.

Waste of wages.
  • Looks in great condition to me, as I said the computer games was just a break fir him.

It's always good to have a trade when you're careers finished :smile:
  • cafctom said:

Don't think Holmes is near the same level tbh, as for JBG I would say JBG is the better player but didn't have the same flair Watt had. JBG just had a great left foot but was pretty slow for a winger and didn't often beat a man, Watt on his day made dribbling look easy. That's where I see the talent tbh, can't teach it
  • Sponsored links:

• Been strongly linked with Dundee United over the past few days

Does he like cake then?
  • Sign him up
  • cafctom said:

Don't think Holmes is near the same level tbh, as for JBG I would say JBG is the better player but didn't have the same flair Watt had. JBG just had a great left foot but was pretty slow for a winger and didn't often beat a man, Watt on his day made dribbling look easy. That's where I see the talent tbh, can't teach it
    We must have been watching a different JBG. In his first season his dribbling was fantastic and would regularly beat his man clean with the ball
  • I can't think of many better players than JBG that we have had in the last 10 years. Just have to look at the quality of Burnley and Iceland to see that - maybe not the most naturally gifted of teams, but work bloody hard, as a team, and still have great technical ability.
  • Last season we were fed the line that he was as fit as he’d ever been. I saw that first friendly and he was blowing out of his arse within 25 mins

Frankly unbelievable talent but a shocking attitude is s very poor combination
  • DRAddick said:

Can't train your brain in the gym though.

That's not entirely correct, gym work and exercise has been proven to increase the subjects ability to learn.

https://www.brainhq.com/brain-resources/everyday-brain-fitness/physical-exercise
  • shirty5 said:

addick05 said:

shirty5 said:

Started in the Woolwich & District League in '74.
    So did I.

Blimey cake AND burgers!
  • edited June 2018

cafctom said:

JBG is plying his trade in the premier league.
    Different class to Watt.
    The premier league argument is weak, I could name about one hundred average/crap players in the Prem, some even playing for sides like Arsenal and Man U. He is hard a worker and a real team player in a defensive system, that's clear in Iceland and Burnley.

I remember him always having a good pass, good dead ball deliveries and linking well on the right with Solly but never thought he had much pace or could get past people often which again for a player in that role is where the talent is