Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team we could have had.

While listening on Radio 5 last night to the Brighton V Newcastle match and getting the depressing updates from Shrewsbury the commentator's were saying what a fantastic game it was and the quality on display noting in particular JonJo Shelvey and Dale Stevens and it got me wondering what we could have been watching instead of the vastly improved team we see now....... always an improvement KM!

Pope
Wilson
Morrison
Gomez
Wiggins
JBG
Shelvey
Stephens
Cousins
kermogant
Lookman

No doubt last nights team would cruise past those mentioned above and I am sure others would come up with different players. We are so lucky to have such brilliant management who always know best and take us forward in leaps and bounds!. I am sure those traveling out to Belgium will pass on our thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017

(Edited - I'm an idiot - these are all frees, youths or pre-existing, good point well made. Wilson isn't very good though lol)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Much of the money received from those players was wasted on absolute rubbish as well.
  • Options
    I retracted my point when I saw yours was correct.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

(Edited - I'm an idiot - these are all frees, youths or pre-existing, good point well made. Wilson isn't very good though lol)

He is good, he used to be shite,but know he's alright
  • Options
    Know,now u no what I mean!
  • Options
    Why keep doing this to ourselves - what ifs, could haves and so on.

Self-flagellation really doesn't help.
  • Options
    I'm just impressed a poster used "have" instead of "of".

Bravo sir.
  • Options

Much of the money received from those players was wasted on absolute rubbish as well.

...and the remainder, the bulk of it, went into Roland's pocket rather than back into the playing squad.

Selling your best players at some point is the reality for the majority of clubs, even big clubs - Bale from Spurs to Real Madrid for example. I don't mind so much that we sold those players - what I mind is that there's about £20m of transfer fees received in that list but we're watching a side made up of youth teamers and free transfers.

The small handful that we have spent money on are either out on loan because their not good enough (Sarr, Ajose) or because we can't afford to pay their wages (Vetokele).
  • Options
    In a parallel universe somewhere that team is up in the Premier League.

But by that definition... in another parallel universe this crock of shit are also up there. Scientists baffled by Magennis consistently slotting away 1-on-1s despite not having any discernible technique. [for the record - I like Magennis, but he's not technically 'brilliant' is he]