Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AJOSE loan to Swindon

Loaning Ajose to Swindon to get him off the Wage bill may be not as clever as the Regime thought. (KR included)

Comments

• Valcross said:

Loaning Ajose to Swindon to get him off the Wage bill may be not as clever as the Regime thought. (KR included)

Especially if he knocks a couple in on Saturday against Chesterfield and puts them three points behind us. Of course, Mr Obika plays for Swindon as well.
  • nice little strike force for League 1 Obika and Ajose. We win on Saturday coupled with a Swindon loss will see us safe. If those results are reversed we are in the doo doo.
  • Can we recall him?
  • Can we recall him?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Loaning him to a relegation rival as well......
  • Sensible business that.

Also can any of our strikers play up front on their own??
  • Yep of course. According to most on here he was a useless waste of space with an attitude problem 3 months ago. Now......
  • He's a player who needs to be in a 442 or at least have someone else alongside him.

Robinson was convinced we wouldn't play 442 as 4231 is the way forward and anyway Ajose wasn't setting the league alight in Slade's 442 either.

Why and who bought him is a good question but I didn't think moving him on was a terrible idea (bar we're still paying some of wages) then and I don't think it is now.

Not getting two experienced strikers in to replace him and Lookman was a huge mistake.

I never wanted to move him on. Yes he wasn't brilliant in the first half of the season, but players sometimes take time to settle in.

As for 4-2-3-1, I don't think it's at all sensible to build your squad around one way of playing. Last night for example, Ajose with Novak OR Magennis would have been a sensible option
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably not an unreasonable sum considering his prior year exploits. But then if you looked at the prior 6-7 years it maybe doesn't look quite so pretty.

10-11 13 in 28
    11-14 20 in 97
    14-15 8 in 27

41 goals in 152 games averaging about 1 in 4 through that time. Only 15-16 did he bang them in.

But again, a waste of money to buy a player for £600k who lasts 5 months and suspect we'll get at most 1/3 of that back come the summer, plus the wages we have been paying, expensive for someone who scored 6(?) goals for us.
  • nicky ajose i didnt rate, from what i saw he wasnt very good, still stand by that, the whole relegation business we would really have to go some to get us relegated, got a few home games where we should win places like coventry and chesterfield should be gimmes as could already be down, and if we cant beat them then we dont deserve to be in this league
  • shirty5 said:
    How the heck did they get that info; ITTV is now an invite only site.
  • Don't get me wrong, I will never be happy if we go down, but if the reason we go down is because Ajose keeps Swindon up, I will laugh like a tickled tart.
  • He's a player who needs to be in a 442 or at least have someone else alongside him.

Robinson was convinced we wouldn't play 442 as 4231 is the way forward and anyway Ajose wasn't setting the league alight in Slade's 442 either.

Why and who bought him is a good question but I didn't think moving him on was a terrible idea (bar we're still paying some of wages) then and I don't think it is now.

Not getting two experienced strikers in to replace him and Lookman was a huge mistake.

You're right, he wasn't setting the league alight, but he was only performing on a par with the rest of the team. I think AJose scored 6 for us and Holmes and Magennis have only scored 8, and Josh has played a few more games giving him the opportunity of one or two extra goals.
  • shirty5 said:
    Invite only... hahaha

"Are you a creepy, slightly abusive weirdo that likes bumming up to Katrien Meire? Come on down!"
  • Huskaris said:

Don't get me wrong, I will never be happy if we go down, but if the reason we go down is because Ajose keeps Swindon up, I will laugh like a tickled tart.

Ive come to the conclusion this is going to happen, back where he is loved, Tim Sherwood arm rounf the shoulder geeing him up Harry Redknapp style. This weekend for me is the most important of the season we win and Swindon lose safety beckons, reverse those results and we are in trouble.

Was Slade playing 4-4-2? I thought he was mainly playing 4-5-1 leading in part to the criticism of his tactics as too negative?

• Slade used both 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and occasionally a 4-4-2 diamond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Slade used both 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and occasionally a 4-4-2 diamond.

Depending on what Roland told him was best.

Roland however does appear to prefer the diamond formation. Have we tried this in training?

• shirty5 said:
    Invite only... hahaha

"Are you a creepy, slightly abusive weirdo that likes bumming up to Katrien Meire? Come on down!"
    Invite only, open to a select few. The site cannot be accessed members only. I did not toe the party line so got the boot ha. Its charltons version of North Korea.
  • Slightly off subject but does anyone want me to post their meeting minutes from last weekend?
  • shirty5 said:
    Invite only... hahaha

Invite only, open to a select few. The site cannot be accessed members only. I did not toe the party line so got the boot ha. Its charltons version of North Korea.
    I saw you were getting a hard time,
  • Rob7Lee said:

shirty5 said:
    Invite only... hahaha

Nothing i couldnt handle. Very odd little place the ban is prob for the best.
  • Rob7Lee said:

shirty5 said:
    Invite only... hahaha

Nothing i couldnt handle. Very odd little place the ban is prob for the best.
    I'm sure, could get interesting as PM has just put a long post about how I was the one that tweeted from cards twitter account the Ajose info and how he's informed the club of that fact, which seeing as I don't have access to cards twitter account makes that difficult to say the least.
  • Slightly off subject but does anyone want me to post their meeting minutes from last weekend?

Yes please.

• edited March 2017
    Seems Ajose is back with us because of an injury. At least he cannot help Swindon win