Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson: "Some players at Charlton not giving their all"

“I don’t think we can keep losing like this and then roll out the narrative that everyone is doing their best and trying their hardest – because we’ve got too many good players to keep producing what is going on. Obviously we’re falling short somewhere – whether it’s mentally or physically on the pitch or both.

“I think we’re showing a fragile side of ourselves mentally where we’re conceding so many goals in quick succession in games. Going from leading 2-1 to losing 3-2 in five minutes shows a fragile nature in us. I can only speak for myself in far of what it means to play for this club but sometimes it’s not enough or there’s not enough of us that feel that way. Maybe it’s reflected in performances.”

Full article

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/19083/johnnie-jackson-players-charlton-not-giving/

Comments

• Options

Sounds 100 times more of a manager, coach and motivator than Jimmy Tarbuck

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Very worrying.
    A club in decline becomes a club in crisis.
  • Options

Inclined to agree. I think he'll be a great gaffer some day
  • Options

He's saying things in black and white rather than talking in riddles i.e.

We need to start winning, as simple as that,

We go in 2-1 up, we’ve got to come out in the second-half and keep it tight
  • Options
    The author of the biggest selling Charlton themed book in history!

Fact.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Is this the skip backing the manager?

Robinson sounds like he'd lost the plot in the post-match, but JJ singing from the same hymn sheet it seems
  • Options

Is this the skip backing the manager?

Or is this the Skip knowing that we cant go through another season with three Managers and has no choice to back him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is mental, the players are as punch drunk and demoralised as the supporters, new players quickly get dragged down and no matter what happens only one change really matters.
  • Options
    KR needs to sort out Why players are not 100 % committed. He needs to sort it out. By the way KM and RD if it was not for your goal incompetence and mismanagement the poison would not be there
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Jacko might just have saved Robinson from the sack
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He's saying things in black and white rather than talking in riddles i.e.

We need to start winning, as simple as that,

We go in 2-1 up, we’ve got to come out in the second-half and keep it tight
    At half time I tweeted:
    'Feel we need to strengthen the defence for the second half.' It wasn't rocket science, I'm sure many of us were thinking the same.

Perhaps should have taken off Magennis and put on Page as left back with JJ switched to the middle?
    If KR gets the push they should make JJ the caretaker and see how he gets on.
    They won't of course, because they don't know what they're doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's just hope we scrape to safety and he has enough and sells in the summer. That's the best we can hope for!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SE7toSG3 said:

Human Shield roĺled out by the regime end of, its pitiful, patronising and predictable.

The problem isnt the players, the manager, protesters or the apologists.

This club is broken from top to bottom until there is a complete change and we are able to start afresh, (and thats properly afresh not a KM 'judge us from now' afresh).

Fully believe Jacko would just say no if he didn't want to say those things... Not like it's going to scupper his big money move/get him dropped from the 1st team.
  • Options
    I think it's sad, that JJ In his prime helped us being champions of L1, with highest points total.

The year he retires will be a nervy fight for us to stay in L1, dread to think that he finishes his career by getting relegated to L2.
  • Options

Let him run it till the end of the season and see what happens. Can't be worse than fatty.

I thought his legs were gone?
  • Options

Personally I wouldn't want JJ to be our manager under this lot, they would shit on him and leave him out to dry. He deserves much more than that. Manage us when they have gone please if you are reading this Skipper

Exactly we don't want anybody we actually like to be destroyed by the idiots that run our club.
  • Options
    All very well but why don't the manager and captain name and shame ?
    Didn't Jackson want rid of Watt first time around ?