Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Fed up of random boxing threads getting badly bumped so give this its own one!

Always knew this was going to be gutter trash in the build up in desperate attempts to push PPV sales and not been disappointed on that front

Comments

• Options
    still gutted to be let down on tickets a week before the fight, anyone recommend a decentish venue to watch, bexley/greenwich area?.
  • Options

still gutted to be let down on tickets a week before the fight, anyone recommend a decentish venue to watch, bexley/greenwich area?.

Hardy's in Greenwich will have it on. I've watched a few fights in there (and some boxing on the TV too :wink: ) it's usually a pretty good atmosphere.
  • Options
    jaw jaw about war war has sold a lot of tickets and will make a lot of money .. if Haye goes all out, I expect him to win by k.o. in the fourth or fifth .. I won't be watching, I'll leave it to the trusty Costello/Bunce radio commentary
  • Options
    Haye to take him out early as long as he keeps his cool, otherwise can see him running out of steam if Bellew frustrates him
  • Options
    Saw bellew last night trying to act all cool on tv. Really hope that haye puts him to the sword so we don't have to listen to his big gob again.
    Haye in 6.
  • Options
    I'm definitely in the minority in wanting Bellew to win.
    Can't see it though, think Haye wins early
  • Options
    Haye should win, but IMO he doesn't have the heart that Bellew has, just think back to the toe injury against Wlad.
    Bellew has done well with the limited ability he has and it would not surprise me to see him get a few on Haye, it depends on how Haye fancies it after getting smashed in the face that will dictate this fight.
    Looking forward to this and the rest of the card.
  • Options
    Cabt stand either of them but it'll make for fascinating viewing. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I'll be there Saturday - really looking forward to it and the atmosphere should be lively! Also managed to get rooms at the IC Hotel at the O2 so none of the usual hassle with getting away.

I'm not sure Bellew can get to Haye, and even if he does he's not that heavy handed and Haye has a granite chin. Haye will definitely get to Bellew - too fast and too powerful (Bellew has never faced a puncher like Haye).

Haye inside 6 rounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bellew has never been hit by anyone with the same dig as Haye

He folded against the only guy who does bang in Stevensson and I think he will be knocked out in a humiliating fashion on Saturday.

The whole press conference yesterday the local fans especially were a disgrace. Bellew always annoys me with his general demeanor anyway and his his pug eyes.

He lacks the emotional intelligence to do anything prefight with class or even with someone easy going like Nathan cleverly he is too thick to just do some light sparring as regards the talk. He has to make himself sound like the last word on stupidity.
  • Options
    Backing Haye is buying money and I can't see this going beyond 3 rounds, a blind man can see Bellews punches coming and unless he has learned how to land big shots on big guys he won't cause Haye any problem. Enzo Maccarinelli was a far better cruiser than Bellew and I can see this fight going the same way as the Haye and Enzo fight
  • Options
    Has Bellew ever been in the ring with a proper heavyweight?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Has Bellew ever been in the ring with a proper heavyweight?

Bellew was a heavyweight as an amateur
  • Options
    Let's hope Haye doesn't break a toe and its cancelled.
  • Options
    Got to hand it to Haye for his hyping skills.

Looking at it objectively this is a nothing fight with no titles or anything at stake yet people have been sucked in and will spend a mint on it.

• Options
    As Carter said the scousers behaviour yesterday was again very poor. I remember them chanting you're shit and you know you are to a Audley Harrison as he was being carried out on a stretcher, stay classy Liverpool.

Was hilarious to see Bellew try claim the moral high ground. A man who has built a career on abusing his opponents before the fight, and probably landed a Hollywood role from it too.

Haye is going to destroy him and I'm looking forward to seeing the KO on social media the following day.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Glad it's not just me that is sick of gobby scousers! Haye for the KO.
  • Options
    Was a big David Haye fan when he was world champion but have never been able to forgive him after that Klitschko/broken toe farce.

Bellew comes across as a WWE/UFC type character with his trash talking, but would prefer him to win of the two.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Lost quite a lot of respect for Haye having travelled out to see his shocking performance in Hamburg.....blaming a broken toe when he won the title with a broken hand.

Even with this though I still really hope he smashes Bellew and his non stop scouse bullshit (please note KR).

The blokes DH have fought since his comeback have been poor and his lack of recent combative action can surely be TB's only hope here.

On top of the natural power, speed and chin issues already mentioned - DH's feet are way to good for Bellew.

Haye inside 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never wished harm upon a fellow human being in the way I wish harm upon Tony Bellew on Saturday night.

With a bit of luck he'll be carried out on a stretcher in a more severe fashion than Fraudley was.

Looking forward to a career ending fight for the scouse lad.

• Options

I've never wished harm upon a fellow human being in the way I wish harm upon Tony Bellew on Saturday night.

With a bit of luck he'll be carried out on a stretcher in a more severe fashion than Fraudley was.

Looking forward to a career ending fight for the scouse lad.

I would prefer it if you didn't sit on the fence on this one.
    Hate is a word I reserve for those truly deserving of it. Bellew, rightly or wrongly on my part, falls slap bang in the sphere of hatred for me.

No boxer has ever made it close.
  • Options
    1 of them supports millwall

and

1 was born in liverpool

had enough of gobby scousers of late. hope its a good fight.
  • Options

Can't stand either of them to be honest.

Never been a fan of Haye either, but Bellew just irks me to the point that I want to see him properly hurt.

Not proud of that stance but I can't deny it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

1 of them supports millwall

and

1 was born in liverpool

had enough of gobby scousers of late. hope its a good fight.

Haye is a Man Utd fan.
  • Options
    Yeah.

He used his Bermondsey background to gain traction with the fans of his 'hometown'.

He'd never stepped foot in the ground prior to that.
  • Options
    Bellew thinks he can win it after round four and go the distance on points if necessary. Trouble is he won't get past Round 4. Not a big fan of Haye but he's got too much power and class for the Evertonian.