Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Miere on EFL proposals

Article from valley review Saturday.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-efl-proposals-katrien-meire-3597526.aspx#dKvLpDyMhPih3WsK.99

We have our views on how we’re looking to vote on the various topics in June but we want to hear fans’ input to ensure we are representing the whole club. Fans can email fans@cafc.co.uk and never hear anything back except an automatic reply.

Fixed that last paragraph for you.

Comments

• Options
    Anything to get more English players playing suits me.
  • Options
    To be fair that all seems a bit like common sense, still a stoppped clock and all that...
  • Options
    Sensible ideas in the hands of true football clubs but we only support them because they tally with our player farm mentality.
  • Options
    How else are we gonna see the premier league stars of the future at the Valley?
  • Options
    I was not sure it if it was worth spending too much time reading what the PR department wrote for her while she had a lie in she said given that she usually seems to tie herself in knots with contradictions over the most simple of things. I am sure some will claim that this represents communication and critics are never happy, but it's not. It's essentially the minutes of the FA meeting with a few small tweaks.

I also suspect most fans (those who still attend and buy a programme) might be less interested in riveting subjects such as the Checkatrade Trophy and muddy touchlines and more about how we get out of the quicksand we are slowly sinking in. But still, I bet she had a nice day with the old men of the FA, which is what really matters.
  • Options

Nothing there about getting more English players.

Home grown/produced just means they been in the academy for a period so Mitov counts as home grown but is Bulgarian.

Ok, most home grown players at Charlton will be English but no guarantee and what might happen is the player is only there to fill the quota and never play.

Should be six "substitutes" not "substitutions"
  • Options
    Whatever the outcome she will try and take the credit for it
  • Options
    The outcome will be undisclosed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a part about foreign ownership?
  • Options
    English Fandango League?
  • Options
    Anyone else see the tweet stating that during her meeting with the 'other forum' she had told them that slade was only a temporary appointment anyway?
  • Options

Nothing there about getting more English players.

Home grown/produced just means they been in the academy for a period so Mitov counts as home grown but is Bulgarian.

Ok, most home grown players at Charlton will be English but no guarantee and what might happen is the player is only there to fill the quota and never play.

Should be six "substitutes" not "substitutions"
    If it was perfect English, the PR company would be held responsible for the competency within the article. One or two 'non English' phrases and it adds an authenticity that she wrote it??? Just maybe???
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    sammy391 said:

Anyone else see the tweet stating that during her meeting with the 'other forum' she had told them that slade was only a temporary appointment anyway?

Didn't Slade have a 3 year contract?

3 years doesn't sound a very temporary appointment to me.

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Have the minutes of that been published?
  • Options
    The problem of course is that if she did say that - and I think it's an if - from Slade's appointment to a week before his departure she insisted he was a long term appointment. Both can't be true.

Like I say, I think it's an if.
  • Options
    They've all been interim surely?
  • Options
    Results from the Checkatrade trophy vote starting to filter through.

Notts county have voted against 95% of their fanbase and in favour of keeping the competition as it was, with 16 B-teams in a group stage format.

Think Oldham have done the same.

Notts County owner is justifying his decision at the moment on his twitter (https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5) but it's not pretty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All votes had to be made by 10AM, this morning.

Walsall, chesterfield, Oxford and Bristol rovers have rejected the 64 team format.
  • Options
    So the format remains the same for next seasons EFL Trophy?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Currently voting on it. All clubs have been offered 3 choices.

A) Current format,
    B ) 64 teams with straight knock out with no group stage
    C) return to the 48 team format.
  • Options

A) Current format,
    Except it's not quite such a straight choice. Much like the ECB and franchise cricket, there are financial incentives to vote for A. Not massive but enough to make small struggling club's vote against what the fans want.
  • Options
    If there are B or C teams involved again we should opt out. Can't see how a cup can be compulsory. If they don't allow that just raffle the squad places off to fans and register them on a non contract basis for the evening.
  • Options
    All sounds very exciting.

Not long before teams are getting hundreds at the games, what a waste of time and money.
  • Options

A) Current format,
    Except it's not quite such a straight choice. Much like the ECB and franchise cricket, there are financial incentives to vote for A. Not massive but enough to make small struggling club's vote against what the fans want.
    The financial incentive is £20k prize when you win a match.

For such low crowds you wonder if its actually worth the gamble when clubs with 20,000+ stadiums are getting less than 1,000 people through the gates. Especially considering how cheap the tickets are.
  • Options

A) Current format,

For such low crowds you wonder if its actually worth the gamble when clubs with 20,000+ stadiums are getting less than 1,000 people through the gates. Especially considering how cheap the tickets are.
    True. But thays how the Notts County chairman is justifying it on twitter.
  • Options

A) Current format,

True. But thays how the Notts County chairman is justifying it on twitter.
    Yeah I know, I think he's talking bollocks

Considering he's just taken them over I wouldn't feel too confident about the new owner when he's pissing off 95% of fans for as little as that.