Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on home Freddy

Frederic on the Left, Holmes on the Right... I'd take that!

Have a little patience ;)
  • Options

There's something a bit off about our medical guy having to fly elsewhere to check the fitness of the player we are still paying...

I'd be more convinced Kashi wants to play for us if he flew back here and was tested in Sparrows Lane

Agree, very odd but at least the club have remembered he exists.

Let's see how it plays out
  • Options
    Just out of interest, how many of the currant squad have played with him?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Or, how many of the current squad have met Karl Robinson ?
  • Options
    Anyone know if the club actually sent Kashi to Qatar to recover or if it was the players choice? Seemed like for months no one actually knew where he was.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Jacko, Solly, Bauer, Watt (plus Sarr, Igor and Cebalos if they count)

The youngsters will have seen him in training too
  • Options

Anyone know if the club actually sent Kashi to Qatar to recover or if it was the players choice? Seemed like for months no one actually knew where he was.

They didn't...
  • Options
    Although he broke down again, in his comeback from injury last time (against Leeds?) he played very well if I remember
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

If he plays 35 to 40 games for us next season we will really be a force in this division.
    I hope he does, great footballer.

Really am hoping he stays too...but it's such a crying shame I'm not going to see him grace our Valley pitch,whilst these twats are completely fuckin up our Club...

Just Sell The Club...!!!
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Or, how many of the current squad have met Karl Robinson ?
    In fairness, they may have seen one of his interviews on YouTube. ;)
  • Options
    Looked decent in the few games he played two years ago. Long time to be out. If he can get back to how he was previously and perform to the level he showed briefly he is better than LeagueOne so would be a very welcome addition.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

We are going to be paying his wages whether hrs fit or not so can only be a good thing to have him available at least

True. And this could be a plan from the club to say 'turn up and present yourself to the manager and medical staff, or risk your contract being cancelled for breach of contract.
  • Options
    Happy for him. Hope he makes it through pre-season alright. After a year out it's going to be hard coming back, and building up the muscles can take a while and lead to little niggles and knocks.

A player far too good for this division if he can get anywhere near fit. A team lining up like this should be challenging for promotion:

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce ?
    ....Kashi.....Forster-Caskey
    Marshall....Clarke....Holmes
    .........Magennis

I could see Bauer leaving, but if Reeves comes through, plus a left back, then we should aim for nothing short of the top two.
  • Options

Meire said it was "his choice"
  • Options
    Might keep us out of league 2... just
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25936/addicks-boss-puts-midfielder-transfer-plans-hold-kashi-set-hand-pre-season-boost/

“What I’m hearing is that he wants to be at Charlton next season.

“I’ve watched four or five of his games, everybody speaks of his ability.

“I’m really looking forward to welcoming him back. We probably do need another midfielder but I’ll see where Kashi is first.”
  • Options
    Last couple seasons it has definitely felt like there were several in that squad that couldn't be arsed to be here.

A few have come from European top-flight football or similar, and rightly or wrongly must wonder what on earth they've done to end up in this situation. Tex, Bauer, Ceballos, Watt, Sarr and Kashi - for example.

Now I'm not doubting Kashi's desire per se - but he left the French top division for a Championship team, probably sold on the idea that we could reach the Premier League. During his poorly managed injury spell, the club have deteriorated into a mediocre third-tier team with more hope of reaching the Rymans Premier. I can't imagine that right now he quite fits Robinson's template for players with 'hunger and desire to wear the shirt'... I bet he just wants this nightmeire to be over and I don't blame him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kashi and Jacko as the holding two in the 4231 = dream team
  • Options

Kashi and Jacko as the holding two in the 4231 = dream team

Or Kashi and Diarra.....

But I know where you're coming from....current players....and Jacko is a threat from set pieces.
  • Options
    Kashi and Dijksteel ;)
  • Options
    Kashi is probably good enough to be the only sitting defensive midfielder with the rest having the freedom of attacking. That being if he was fit enough and at the level he was before.

Would still love Gleeson to sign as well as hopefully having Kashi for this season. Get the spine strong and consistent and we are well on our way.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Sage said:

Kashi is probably good enough to be the only sitting defensive midfielder with the rest having the freedom of attacking. That being if he was fit enough and at the level he was before.

Would still love Gleeson to sign as well as hopefully having Kashi for this season. Get the spine strong and consistent and we are well on our way.

Obviously depends on fitness etc but what I saw from Kashi, he was more than a sitting midfielder. He looked more like a Scott Parker terrier that was tackling/heading/clearing up all over the midfield. Not saying he was as good as Parker but he was the same breed of player.
    Yeah thats what I remember from him in one of our first games from that season (the QPR win maybe)

Bloke was all over the pitch and was a proper little terrier type dog snapping at everyone
  • Options

Last couple seasons it has definitely felt like there were several in that squad that couldn't be arsed to be here.

A few have come from European top-flight football or similar, and rightly or wrongly must wonder what on earth they've done to end up in this situation. Tex, Bauer, Ceballos, Watt, Sarr and Kashi - for example.

Now I'm not doubting Kashi's desire per se - but he left the French top division for a Championship team, probably sold on the idea that we could reach the Premier League. During his poorly managed injury spell, the club have deteriorated into a mediocre third-tier team with more hope of reaching the Rymans Premier. I can't imagine that right now he quite fits Robinson's template for players with 'hunger and desire to wear the shirt'... I bet he just wants this nightmeire to be over and I don't blame him.

Agree.

I'd add Parzsyzek to that list as well. Maybe not quite 'European top-flight' (though he is now with a Dutch Premier League side) but clearly lost interest very quickly as soon as he figured out the real situation in SE7.

Lets face it - a lot of footballers, at all levels, make purely mercenary decisions and we're not immune from that.

I'd be very surprised (but pleasantly so) if Kashi ever plays for us again.
  • Options
    This is undoubtedly good news, not least because I wouldn't want it to have been the way he had to end his career, but we should definitely be cautious of expecting too much.

Firstly, as others have stated, he's been injured a long time, no knowing what effect that will have had on him. Secondly, I do wonder if he isn't a bit overated by some on here. I gather he had a good start, but he wouldn't be the first to do that and fizzle out, and I saw him vs Huddersfield and away at Blackburn that season and he looked bang average to me in those two games, although he was better on the TV vs Hull.

I'd still like to see us sign another midfielder who would be bought as a regular starter to compete with/compliment Kashi, Crofts and JFC.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25936/addicks-boss-puts-midfielder-transfer-plans-hold-kashi-set-hand-pre-season-boost/

What I’m hearing is that he wants to be at Charlton next season.

“I’ve watched four or five of his games, everybody speaks of his ability.

“I’m really looking forward to welcoming him back. We probably do need another midfielder but I’ll see where Kashi is first.”

Which to me sounds like KR hasn't even spoken to him. Seems a bit strange that a manager hasn't spoken to a potential first team player in 6-7 months.

Also "he wants to be at Charlton next season". He has no fucking choice, we pay his wages.