Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options

SDAddick said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39937289

I see Danny Rose has gone to get more surgery on his knee. have we lent Spurs our medical team?

It sounds like a similar approach to the one we took with Kashi obviously. But to be fair, most doctors would probably agree that if you can avoid surgery, it's for the best. Now the whole letting him return to training before discovering the problem hadn't been fixed/gotten worse is curious, though it could be the case that in the course of going back to training he re-aggravated the injury, or that it was only going through the intensities of training that some swelling returned.

Look, I can be very skeptical of how football clubs treat injuries. If this were my multi-million pound England international I would be doing weekly scans to see how he's healing, and maybe that's happening, maybe it's not. But from my limited experience with such injuries (also have a dodgy knee), these things are more intricate than they can seem.

Also, how is Danny Rose only 26?!?!?!?! I know he broke through at Leeds at like 17 but still. Between all his U21 caps he must be this generation's James Milner (even though James Milner is this generation's James Milner).
    It just sounds worryingly familiar. It's interesting how medical science has made breakages painful but in nearly all cases fully recoverable, but struggles more with muscles and ligaments
    True, although to be fair there was a huge breakthrough with arthroscopic surgery maybe 20-25 years ago that is now the norm and has completely transformed how ligament issues are handled.

Exiled's point is a good one, the human body is incredibly complex. That said, I'm not convinced that football clubs are necessarily at the point of the spear when it comes to science and medicine, but I think it usually looks worse from the outside looking in.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Back for the Ireland trip according to the Cloob!

Wow, thats fantastic !
  • Options
    Thing is, with Kashi, and Marshall , and Holmes staying (if he does), if we can get one more box-to-box player (easy said than done , i know), then its looking really good for starters.
  • Options
    "He'll be like a new signing"

Another one we don't need to pay for.
  • Options
    Have low expectations over whether he can stay fit, however its positive news. Was class when he was fit
  • Options
    I reckon he will be gone by September.
    Just using the preseason as a shop window. Not sure he wants to play for us.
  • Options
    WSS said:

"He'll be like a new signing"

Another one we don't need to pay for.

And Vetokele back please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sort of player we have been crying out for and is needed if Robinson wants to play his preferred 4 2 3 1
  • Options
    Just giving us a boost before announcing Holmes sold
  • Options
    Phillips , Solly, Bauer, Pearce, New LB

Holmes, Kashi, Caskey, Marshall

Magennis, Vetokele

That team could go up ; evidently we won't start with that team
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Phillips , Solly, Bauer, Pearce, New LB

Holmes, Kashi, Caskey, Marshall

Magennis, Vetokele

That team could go up ; evidently we won't start with that team

On paper that looks a cracking team. if its only Holmes lost, then it still looks a cracking side tbh.
  • Options
    Had 2 years out due to injury, doubt we see the same player tbh. Shame because he was quality when he was playing in 2015.
  • Options

Had 2 years out due to injury, doubt we see the same player tbh. Shame because he was quality when he was playing in 2015.

Dont you just love positivity.?
  • Options

Just seen him in Charlton.

He tied Shergar to a lamppost outside the Royal Oak, and went in for a pint with Lord Lucan.

And Cory Gibbs.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Let's wait and see if he turns up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guys been injured for about 2 years, it's surely asking a lot for him to get anywhere close to being the player he was
  • Options
    He's fit in time to pass a medical for elsewhere. Well done the Cloob.
  • Options
    Yes, we need to see how fit and match ready he is but will be delighted for him personally if he is playing again and delighted for us if we get a player of his quality back.

The wording of the tweet is rather vague though
  • Options
    No one will sign a player who hasn't played for two years (except maybe us). Whatever happens with him: fit or not, good or rubbish. He will be a Charlton player next season. I bet he is on a fair chunk too.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

No one will sign a player who hasn't played for two years (except maybe us). Whatever happens with him: fit or not, good or rubbish. He will be a Charlton player next season. I bet he is on a fair chunk too.

They might if he was allowed to leave for a small fee or free....although as you suggest, his wages could be hard to match. I hope for everyone's sake, he doesn't pick up another serious injury.
  • Options
    If any of you guys think kashi will play more then 10 games for us this year then you are delusional.
  • Options
    We had to send our medical bloke to him be lucky to see him step foot in England again probs go on loan to side out there
  • Options

We had to send our medical bloke to him be lucky to see him step foot in England again probs go on loan to side out there

He had to thrush him out
  • Options
    agim said:

If any of you guys think kashi will play more then 10 games for us this year then you are delusional.

What's the lottery numbers mystic meg
  • Options
    We are going to be paying his wages whether hrs fit or not so can only be a good thing to have him available at least