Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options
    I hope he stays - he seems settled and a good member of the team. Mrs Kashi is there with the 2 kids at every Saturday home game. Gives the impression that they are settled and with 2 young kids that probably over-rides moving for money alone.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

I hope he stays - he seems settled and a good member of the team. Mrs Kashi is there with the 2 kids at every Saturday home game. Gives the impression that they are settled and with 2 young kids that probably over-rides moving for money alone.

I really hope so, his kids are adorable. I can't imagine raising two little kids, let alone in a foreign country where I'm still learning the language.

He did a little interview with the official site. My favorite part:
    On his tendency to slap a teammates head after they score

I don’t think about slapping. I’m just happy when we score. It’s just like this.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59b670b782ec4/four-things-from-our-post-match-talk-with-ahmed-kashi
  • Options
    Only if he extends that index finger...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been relegated from Ligue 1
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just been relegated from Ligue 1

L2 in France is probably his level
  • Options
    who ??
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:
    For a horrible moment I thought he'd signed for Millwall.
  • Options

in three seasons he played 45 games for CAFC .. he was injured for one entire season when presumably he was on full wages. As soon as it comes to contract renewal time, rather than give back a little in acknowledgement of his good treatment, he takes advantage of the rules and walks away .. he was decent for a few games but overall …

Fuck him

We don't even know if he was offered a deal.
  • Options

in three seasons he played 45 games for CAFC .. he was injured for one entire season when presumably he was on full wages. As soon as it comes to contract renewal time, rather than give back a little in acknowledgement of his good treatment, he takes advantage of the rules and walks away .. he was decent for a few games but overall …

Fuck him

We don't even know if he was offered a deal.

indeed .. but if Bowyer was ready for him to walk away, would any contract negotiations have taken place ? .. surely if Bowyer was happy to see him go a statement to the effect that Kashi was off at the end of his contract, and thanks for his 'contributions' would have sufficed ..

this is a direct quote from wiki ..,

'At the end of the 2017–18 season, Charlton entered into contract talks with Kashi.[6] However, on 19 June 2018, caretaker manager for Charlton Athletic Lee Bowyer stated that Kashi would not be renewing his contract with the club.[7] '
  • Options
    Couple of seasons ago I would've been very disappointed, but in the few games I saw of us last season he seemed to hinder our play more than help.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Couple of seasons ago I would've been very disappointed, but in the few games I saw of us last season he seemed to hinder our play more than help.

he'd lost interest .. 3rd strata for a man like me ? .. non merci .. or the Arabic equivalent
  • Options

Fuck him

Great to have you back Lincs!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, I'm disappointed.

Good player on his rare day.
  • Options
    He was a high earner signed by that crazy woman. He was always going at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Fine while he was here, but no way can his presumed high wages be justified going forward with another contract

Personally I think he's better suited to a slower, more technical league anyway.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Said before I know someone who spoke to Ahmed quite a lot. The club didn’t offer him a new contract. He wanted to open negotiations a while ago, but the club refused in March, so he was getting a feeling that an offer wasn’t forthcoming.

As soon as we knew we were going to be in League One again this season, he asked the question and again, the club did not do anything so he knew a while ago, around March time, that he was looking to move on.

Going to France isn’t a bad move at all. A club who should be competitive next season in the second division.

Yes he was injured for a long time, on full wages, but that isn’t really his fault is it? Some of the treatment he had was poor during his time at the club, mainly at the beginning.

I will never get the mentality that being injured is somehow a player's fault, especially when it was so clear that the injury was at best incredibly difficult, and at worst mismanaged by the club (ditto Igor). It's not the sniffles, it's a torn Achilles.
  • Options
    His injury was only treated properly when he took himself to a leading professional for treatment.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Another in a long list of completely forgettable ex players.
  • Options
    Completely missed that he's gone to Oxford on loan.
  • Options
    drewman said:
    Played three games and not for the last three weeks - surely he's not injured is he?
  • Options
    drewman said:
    Played three games and not for the last three weeks - surely he's not injured is he?
    Sorry - played 5 minutes in each of two League games and all 90 minutes in a 5-2 defeat to Bury in the FL Trophy