Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We will still be OKAY!

Comments

• Options
    We have some tough home matches coming up and playing in front of a toxic atmosphere won't make it any easier.

80/1 to go down on skybet.

We need minimum of 3 wins. However, we can't keep clean sheets, we can't score, relying on a small squad and most of the players will be leaving at end of the season so probably don't give two shits.

It is a receipt for disaster.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

When Robinson took over the team were on the up after Super Kevin Nugents reign. Yet in the first 13 games (some cup) he only managed the equivalent of 13 points which would put us on 55 and safe by 3-4 points.

However I'd say we look less likely to win, score or even draw than we did back then. Solly still out, mavididi may be out for a while or good, we'll see, Konsa & Aribo can't play every game.......

As Robinson says, it's all about fine margins, i'm not counting my chickens yet as based on what i've seen this week it's a tough run in and nothing is in the bag yet.

We'll get eaten alive by Sheffield & Scunthorpe and easily beaten by Southend. I can't see us taking anything away at Peterborough. Home to MKD looks like a banana skin we'll slide on, you can imagine Muldoon coming back to haunt us for Gillingham, as likely will Slade with Coventry although I hope by then they are already relegated. Bradford will equally walk us off the park at The Valley, 3rd best away record in the division.

Which doesn't leave us many games to pick up 10+ points.

Shrewsbury is a true old fashioned 6 pointer, as in Northampton straight after. If we don't pick up at least 1 point from each of those then with Scunthorpe to follow panic is going to set in when we get whipped 4-0 by them.

If we do at least draw the next 2 we'll be OK, if we don't it's squeaky bum time and I can see it going to the wire.

Those are the games we have performed better in.
    Have, as in, in the past........ I think we're unbeaten so far with the top 4/5 but I can't see that remaining.....

Rob7Lee said:

When Robinson took over the team were on the up after Super Kevin Nugents reign. Yet in the first 13 games (some cup) he only managed the equivalent of 13 points which would put us on 55 and safe by 3-4 points.

However I'd say we look less likely to win, score or even draw than we did back then. Solly still out, mavididi may be out for a while or good, we'll see, Konsa & Aribo can't play every game.......

As Robinson says, it's all about fine margins, i'm not counting my chickens yet as based on what i've seen this week it's a tough run in and nothing is in the bag yet.

We'll get eaten alive by Sheffield & Scunthorpe and easily beaten by Southend. I can't see us taking anything away at Peterborough. Home to MKD looks like a banana skin we'll slide on, you can imagine Muldoon coming back to haunt us for Gillingham, as likely will Slade with Coventry although I hope by then they are already relegated. Bradford will equally walk us off the park at The Valley, 3rd best away record in the division.

Which doesn't leave us many games to pick up 10+ points.

Shrewsbury is a true old fashioned 6 pointer, as in Northampton straight after. If we don't pick up at least 1 point from each of those then with Scunthorpe to follow panic is going to set in when we get whipped 4-0 by them.

If we do at least draw the next 2 we'll be OK, if we don't it's squeaky bum time and I can see it going to the wire.

Those are the games we have performed better in.
    Would that be because we haven't lost them....

yet?

The current form does not engender confidence.
    Performances have improved before this season after dodgy ones and I cannot see why they can't again in 13 games. Yet they will probably dip again and rise again.
    Yet taking into account all the bumps and dips, we are proving to be little more than an average League One side. I'm not sure that's anything to be proud of and it certainly is nothing to crow about.
  • Options
    Personally I do think we'll stay in league 1, however that simply isn't good enough is it.
  • Options
    It is depressing but true, our all out for promotion is more likely to be a relegation flirter although I think we'll survive.

Tuesday, if MKD beat Bradford (would say unlikely) and if Northampton win at home to Oldham (likely?) we drop two places unless we at least draw. If we lose then Shrewsbury are a point behind, all be it they've played one more. Northampton then becomes a must win.

The next 3 games will decide whether we just jump around mid table or start to look over our shoulders. It's probably fair to say Coventry & Chesterfield are all but down and Swindon are heading that way, be just our luck Ajose starts banging in lots of goals and gets them clear and catching us.

My calcs are we'll finish 18th, 12 places below the minimum target........ but we'll see where we are after Scunthorpe as unless we've picked up results by then it's squeaky bum time.

Whichever way you look at it, this season has been an utter shambles, again, god knows where we'd be if Roland did do failure. On the assumption that Mavididi is now out the games are going to be even more depressing to watch.......
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

There were a lot of people who were saying that we would be alright last Season.

Not in late February.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

There were a lot of people who were saying that we would be alright last Season.

Not in late February.
    Wait - by "alright" do you mean we won't be relegated to the fourth tier ? Is that what you're using as the benchmark of "alright" ?

Anything other than the playoffs is absolutely, 100%, not "alright" in this division.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx

14th in League 1 is not "okay". It's nowhere near "okay". All the more so given the empty promises in the above statement.

What's in store next season is irrelevant. This season has been a disgrace, last season was a disgrace, everything they've done since they got here has been a disgrace.

The link to the article says it. Everything this administration touches turns to shit. I'm very confident that should RD and KM remain, we could easily be playing in the national league at the start of the 19/20 season.

The stats and numbers never lie. You can ask yourself a number of questions of RD and KM with regard to numbers and the conclusions drawn will demonstrate utter, utter shit

• Options
    Charlton are 16th in the division form table over the last 10 games and that drops to 21st over the last 6 games. We are currently playing relegation football in league one, and that is rather worrying.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3
  • Options

Charlton are 16th in the division form table over the last 10 games and that drops to 21st over the last 6 games. We are currently playing relegation football in league one, and that is rather worrying.

We're averaging 0.5 points a game in the last 6 which if that continues means 6-7 point out of the last 13, thats 48/49 points, relegation in most seasons.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

We're averaging 0.5 points a game in the last 6 which if that continues means 6-7 point out of the last 13, thats 48/49 points, relegation in most seasons.....
    But probability says in 13 will go up again like it already has done this season.
  • Options
    The stats don't lie. Good link above. Short, medium or long term view, we're going backwards
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cabbles said:

The stats don't lie. Good link above. Short, medium or long term view, we're going backwards

Indeed, but we don't even needs stats to see that. Our league position tumbles season after season, so it's quite obvious to anybody but the blinkered few.
  • Options
    I think we'll be ok. We might even finish twelfth.
  • Options

Wow 12th
    Didn't realise what a good job Katie is doing.

End the protests now
  • Options
    ...and with regards to Sheffield United away about being eaten alive... I reckon we will probably get beat in that game but it will be at the stage of the season where Sheffield will be more concerned about getting the win. So maybe 2-0 and they will see it out.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

This thread is, aside from the swathes of empty seats, the best evidence of what Roland and Squirrel Face have done for the club. We are discussing a Shrewsbury six pointer , but most of all the unbounded joy of not being embroilled in a League 1 relegation scrap (this season at least) as if this is a real achievement. Unless something changes this has the feel of the season before we are involved in a relegation battle. We keep assuming we have reached rock bottom, but it seems there really is a potential abyss under us.

Totally agree.
    All the while Roland and squirrel remain we have not hit rock bottom.
    The recovery begins when they have gone
  • Options

Wow 12th
    Didn't realise what a good job Katie is doing.

End the protests now
    I was being sarcastic.
    It's going to take years to recover from the damage they've done to this club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

...and with regards to Sheffield United away about being eaten alive... I reckon we will probably get beat in that game but it will be at the stage of the season where Sheffield will be more concerned about getting the win. So maybe 2-0 and they will see it out.

Again - do you think mid-table in League One is "okay"?
  • Options

That makes sense, but I also reckon the manager will want them to go all out to thrash Charlton to further stick two fingers up at Roland and Katrien.
  • Options
    I don't think the current mob could have done such a good job of screwing over the club in the last 3 years if they'd hatched a plan and tried to,execute it, they are utterly clueless, and unaccountable and just make it up on the spot.

Goodness knows what there plan is for next season.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

That makes sense, but I also reckon the manager will want them to go all out to thrash Charlton to further stick two fingers up at Roland and Katrien.
    Ah that puts a different complection on things. But he may also think of the defensive aspect as well.

But right now my only concern is Shrewsbury. After that I will be Northampton, then Scunny, then Walsall, then Bradford. And THEN I will worry about Sheffield United. But only once we have completed Bradford.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Relegation to the fourth division would get them out, of that I am certain.

Bring it on asap for the long term benefit of Charlton Athletic and the missing thousands.
  • Options

Despite the last couple of games I am still a million percent confident we will turn this run round and better performances will come again. We have been up and down all season. We have THIRTEEN games and it is so unlikely we won't get well clear. The play-offs were always a tall order. We don't have anywhere near enough for those sadly but more than enough to get clear of danger. I was a little more encouraged by the 2nd half today. But we will be fine come the end of the season.

I am not going to make any judgement on next season whether it's a possible promotion, mid table or relegation until the August closes.

And yes my bet about wearing a burka if we go down still stands.

All that WKD has rotted your brain!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Ah that puts a different complection on things. But he may also think of the defensive aspect as well.

But right now my only concern is Shrewsbury. After that I will be Northampton, then Scunny, then Walsall, then Bradford. And THEN I will worry about Sheffield United. But only once we have completed Bradford.
    Lost to Bradford you mean.

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Tonight Matthew, I'll be....

PS I admire your stamina if you feel able to "complete" Bradford (I may feel slightly differently about the taste element, however).
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I believe we will just about survive this season, which is a complete failure, as the only acceptable outcome of this season was promotion due to us only being back in the third tier because of our incompetent owner and his even more incompetent staff discarding all the great work done by CP, his team & all the people behind the scenes who played a part in getting us back on track.

I have no doubt in my mind that relegation will happen next season under the current owner though.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Rob7Lee said:

Lost to Bradford you mean.

Maybe lost. There is always that chance. But once the Bradford game is finished what ever the result that day.