Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We will still be OKAY!

Comments

• Options
    I have a feeling that the only reason,at the moment,we will be ok is because the teams below us wont win enough games to catch us. Theres nothing to suggest from the last 2 games ive witnessed we have enough about us to stay out of the shit by ourselves!
  • Options
    DFTT
    stonemuse said:

I can't wait to rub it in at the end of the season. LOL!

Sad.

By any standards, this season will be a failure but all you can think about is being superior to other fans who support the same club as you.

Actually, not sad ... pathetic.
    Sad, pathetic and trolling
  • Options

I have a feeling that the only reason,at the moment,we will be ok is because the teams below us wont win enough games to catch us. Theres nothing to suggest from the last 2 games ive witnessed we have enough about us to stay out of the shit by ourselves!

That is just two games but we have had a fair share good ones as well. Thirteen games to go probablity dictates there should be some good ones as well.
  • Options
    When Robinson took over the team were on the up after Super Kevin Nugents reign. Yet in the first 13 games (some cup) he only managed the equivalent of 13 points which would put us on 55 and safe by 3-4 points.

However I'd say we look less likely to win, score or even draw than we did back then. Solly still out, mavididi may be out for a while or good, we'll see, Konsa & Aribo can't play every game.......

As Robinson says, it's all about fine margins, i'm not counting my chickens yet as based on what i've seen this week it's a tough run in and nothing is in the bag yet.

We'll get eaten alive by Sheffield & Scunthorpe and easily beaten by Southend. I can't see us taking anything away at Peterborough. Home to MKD looks like a banana skin we'll slide on, you can imagine Muldoon coming back to haunt us for Gillingham, as likely will Slade with Coventry although I hope by then they are already relegated. Bradford will equally walk us off the park at The Valley, 3rd best away record in the division.

Which doesn't leave us many games to pick up 10+ points.

Shrewsbury is a true old fashioned 6 pointer, as in Northampton straight after. If we don't pick up at least 1 point from each of those then with Scunthorpe to follow panic is going to set in when we get whipped 4-0 by them.

If we do at least draw the next 2 we'll be OK, if we don't it's squeaky bum time and I can see it going to the wire.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

When Robinson took over the team were on the up after Super Kevin Nugents reign. Yet in the first 13 games (some cup) he only managed the equivalent of 13 points which would put us on 55 and safe by 3-4 points.

However I'd say we look less likely to win, score or even draw than we did back then. Solly still out, mavididi may be out for a while or good, we'll see, Konsa & Aribo can't play every game.......

As Robinson says, it's all about fine margins, i'm not counting my chickens yet as based on what i've seen this week it's a tough run in and nothing is in the bag yet.

We'll get eaten alive by Sheffield & Scunthorpe and easily beaten by Southend. I can't see us taking anything away at Peterborough. Home to MKD looks like a banana skin we'll slide on, you can imagine Muldoon coming back to haunt us for Gillingham, as likely will Slade with Coventry although I hope by then they are already relegated. Bradford will equally walk us off the park at The Valley, 3rd best away record in the division.

Shrewsbury is a true old fashioned 6 pointer, as in Northampton straight after. If we don't pick up at least 1 point from each of those then with Scunthorpe to follow panic is going to set in when we get whipped 4-0 by them.

If we do at least draw the next 2 we'll be OK, if we don't it's squeaky bum time and I can see it going to the wire.

Those are the games we have performed better in.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Have, as in, in the past........ I think we're unbeaten so far with the top 4/5 but I can't see that remaining.....
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Would that be because we haven't lost them....

yet?

The current form does not engender confidence.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Have, as in, in the past........ I think we're unbeaten so far with the top 4/5 but I can't see that remaining.....

Rob7Lee said:

Would that be because we haven't lost them....

yet?

The current form does not engender confidence.
    Performances have improved before this season after dodgy ones and I cannot see why they can't again in 13 games. Yet they will probably dip again and rise again.
  • Options
    Exactly how many games have we won under Robinson ?
    Of all the useless managers RD had employed Robinson is the hardest to comprehend.
    I never know what formation his teams are playing .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Exactly how many games have we won under Robinson ?
    Of all the useless managers RD had employed Robinson is the hardest to comprehend.
    I never know what formation his teams are playing .

P16 W3 D7 L6 For 15 Against 19

So 3 in 16......... lets see Roly work out that win percentage - surely must make KR stupid 'huh' {...}
  • Options

Despite the last couple of games I am still a million percent confident we will turn this run round and better performances will come again. We have been up and down all season. We have THIRTEEN games and it is so unlikely we won't get well clear. The play-offs were always a tall order. We don't have anywhere near enough for those sadly but more than enough to get clear of danger. I was a little more encouraged by the 2nd half today. But we will be fine come the end of the season.

I am not going to make any judgement on next season whether it's a possible promotion, mid table or relegation until the August closes.

And yes my bet about wearing a burka if we go down still stands.

So in addition to the shame of us going down we have to suffer the shame of some idiot fan wearing a burka as a bet? Class.
  • Options
    The really weird thing about the opening post is that it is an opening post. It's not as if it's an answer to an earlier pessimistic post. That was somebody's opening gambit. Bizarre!
  • Options

You a supporter or not? What do you want to run in mate? If we were decent we would rub in being above the blue tossers. If we were decent we would be looking forward to meeting the stripey pricks in the championship. You on the other hand want to scrap with our own.
    What's your motive boy?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    These are your last few threads, are you for real???

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Thank goodness that my screen hasn't expanded. But that must have taken hours to gather.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

After the Millwall game I was busting for a piss and couldn't go.
    You must have a prostate problem.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

CAFCTrev said:

I meant there was nowhere to use the toilet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Am I alone in reading that Shrewsbury is a true old fashioned 6 pointer, believing is true and having a shudder run down my spine?
  • Options
    Troll
  • Options
    How can anyone be satisfied with the fact that being "okay" is now our goal for the season?

Despite the owners, despite the managers, Charlton has a budget and a squad that should be challenging for promotion, not challenging for mid-table mediocrity.

• Options
    I didn't realise we were putting the bar quite so low. With two British managers (apparently that was what we all wanted) and a top six budget, we can be comforted that under RD we will at least this season avoid a plunge into league 2. Pathetic. It' s not okay. It's embarrassing.
  • Options
    Nurse, Nurse, he's broken the straps again
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

CAFCTrev said:

I meant there was nowhere to use the toilet.
    You write enough of it.
  • Options

Rub what in? It's been a disastrous season up to now, and the only thing that will make it a success is if Roland sells up and buys the rugby club he so clearly craves.
  • Options
    For the real pessimists you can get odds of 100/1 with Winner on Charlton being relegated. Most other sites are 80/1, though NetBet has the rather unusual price of 149/4. It was around 14/1 before the season started.

There again you could have got 5000/1 on Leicester City for the Premier League last year!
  • Options
    There were a lot of people who were saying that we would be alright last Season.