Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

Comments

• Options
    We're definitely in the mix.
  • Options
    If we lose on Saturday I'll start to eat my words. Just can't believe how quickly things have gone tits up but when you look at our defence tonight, you can understand why we're shipping goals. We're playing a loanee winger at right back for fucks sake! And Jacko at left back? He hasn't played there for about 7 seasons!! Really smart work from the club letting THD and Morgan go.....

I really couldn't see it a few games ago but Robinson seems lost and completely over rawed by the job. I wanted him to have the summer and next season to prove himself but not in league two!
  • Options
    We're really in the shit. KR wont keep us up - the man is a clown.

Desperate times.
  • Options
    Not proud to say it but two years ago on here, I said that we'd end up in league 2, groundsharing with Orient.
    Nothing that's happened in that time has changed my mind.

I missed 80-1 yesterday but have taken 40s post Shrewsbury.
    Sad times.
  • Options

Not proud to say it but two years ago on here, I said that we'd end up in league 2, groundsharing with Orient.
    Nothing that's happened in that time has changed my mind.

I missed 80-1 yesterday but have taken 40s post Shrewsbury.
    Sad times.

Some online still offering 80-1'

Winner offering 100-1
  • Options
    Backed 80's on Saturday. Doubled up on 40/1 this morning.
  • Options
    There is a very real chance it will happen. I won't be going not season as I have to concentrate on my 8 year olds karting career around the country..... But at this rate I will barely be following the results.

Just totally disconnected now.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't go next year even if we got promoted but I would hope to give more of a shit about it than I currently do.
  • Options
    I still think we'll be ok, just, maybe wishful thinking but......

Swindons (21st) next 3 games are Chesterfield &Port Vale (immediately below them) followed by Sheffield Bradford & Millwall.

Port Vale have it slightly easier although 3 of their last 4 games are Bolton, Fleetwood and Sheffield.

Coventry & Chesterfield are effectively down so it's 2 from 9. I think as little as 46/47 points could be safety this year, 2 wins and a draw will see us ok or one win and a few draws.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I still think we'll be ok, just, maybe wishful thinking but......

Swindons (21st) next 3 games are Chesterfield &Port Vale (immediately below them) followed by Sheffield Bradford & Millwall.

Port Vale have it slightly easier although 3 of their last 4 games are Bolton, Fleetwood and Sheffield.

Coventry & Chesterfield are effectively down so it's 2 from 9. I think as little as 46/47 points could be safety this year, 2 wins and a draw will see us ok or one win and a few draws.

That's the sad thing though, it's come to this. We have to rely on other team losing to stay up - it's just pathetic.
  • Options

I did £25 @40's this morning. And am seriously considering doing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php?
    This may be of interest to some, bit long winded but has the final league table when you put in the results.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

This may be of interest to some, bit long winded but has the final league table when you put in the results.

whoo hoo - don't choose any of the teams & let their computer do it all & it comes up with us finishing ............9th with 65 points !!

But that's us & many other teams playing 47 games - methinks their computer is a bit wonky !!

• Options
    Think if we lose at the weekend, it's a formality.
  • Options

Lump on then.....
  • Options

Lump on then.....
    Will. If we lose on Saturday.
  • Options
    Closer
  • Options
    Sky bet odds:

Pre Tuesday 80-1
    Post Tuesday 40-1
    Tonight 28-1
  • Options

We can still make the play offs if we have a good run

There's only one type of runs this team will get and you can bet your bottom dollar that Robinson will use it as his excuse after the next inevitable loss!
  • Options

whoo hoo - don't choose any of the teams & let their computer do it all & it comes up with us finishing ............9th with 65 points !!

But that's us & many other teams playing 47 games - methinks their computer is a bit wonky !!

Now has us 20th, avoiding relegation by 1point!
  • Options

I think that's about right. I still think we will be ok, mainly because w have the points already in the bag & if we can just get another 5 or 6 more points then Icant see Swindon or Port Vale catching us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that's about right. I still think we will be ok, mainly because w have the points already in the bag & if we can just get another 5 or 6 more points then Icant see Swindon or Port Vale catching us.
    Can't see any point in staying up, for Roly to continue his experiment. We need relegation to get rid of him. Then hope for a takeover by someone who has a clue. No point staying up with this numb nut in charge. Its the only thing that might get shot of him.
  • Options

Can't see any point in staying up, for Roly to continue his experiment. We need relegation to get rid of him. Then hope for a takeover by someone who has a clue. No point staying up with this numb nut in charge. Its the only thing that might get shot of him.
    Might sound good in theory but Roland wants a price for the club and that's a price that no one is likely to pay for a League One side. In the 4th Division, with lower crowds, vastly reduced income and increasing debts, he'd have to practically give the club away and that would mean a loss of face as well as money for our owner, something I can't see him accepting.
  • Options
    He will have to take the loss. Lose now or lose more. He'll go if we go.
  • Options
    It's in the trenches time and we need some soldiers.

Cue Rudd in goal, Solly right back and Jackson sweeper and get him to decide which other 8 players/soldiers he wants to go into battle with.

It's just about our only hope, that or praying that at least 2 teams below us (exc Coventry & Chesterfield) go on a winless run of 8-9 games.
  • Options
    I love the myth that this lot are capable of a battle or even aware that one might be required.

Football performance or league position is not the priority of the current ownership which is why Sir Gobby Knobinson may yet survive.

Its all about PR and defending the reputation of Ms Nightmeire while the club is destroyed from within and talented youngsters are flogged off to plug the financial gap.
  • Options
    big win for chesterfield on saturday, a win for swindon would of been very dangerous for us.
  • Options

I did £25 @40's this morning. And am seriously considering doing more.
    I'd save your money, although the odds are wrong, so I understand the temptation.
    Mind you, had an 'insurance' bet at 40s myself. Softens the blow if it happens.
    But it also messes with priorities a bit.

Of course it's closer to 25/1 now.
  • Options
    I think we're lucky not to be in the relegation scrap right now, but I don't think we'll go down. I believe we've done just enough earlier on in the season to keep us safe so we can limp over the line. Next season is going to be very, very scary though.
  • Options
    SID said:

I think we're lucky not to be in the relegation scrap right now, but I don't think we'll go down. I believe we've done just enough earlier on in the season to keep us safe so we can limp over the line. Next season is going to be very, very scary though.

Presumably we will stay up because we now need so few points to survive. But the fact we have hit these depths in the first place is way beyond what I expected.