Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I can 500000% guarantee you that if we had won the league and were struggling the following season, every twat on here would be calling for the manager's head.

Absolutely no doubt about it. We're the least patient fans in the football league.
  • Options

I can 500000% guarantee you that if we had won the league and were struggling the following season, every twat on here would be calling for the manager's head.

Absolutely no doubt about it. We're the least patient fans in the football league.

It was a shame, but on the other hand has it not just taken a step towards being shown as a good decision?
  • Options
    An amazing difference in the commitment and effort of the players tonight.

I'm not sure whether that's an indictment of the ex manager or of the players though...
  • Options
    Weird.

What was CR doing so wrong this season in the league in comparison to last season.

Must have just been big personal issues
  • Options
    The players were either really pleased that he was no longer manager or really guilty for their performance this season while he was.
  • Options
    Part of the problem;

Leicster pulled off a miracle.

They've already done the best most unimaginable thing they could have hoped for.

They know they can't top it.

They know, unless they really really dig deep, they probably won't ever be able to even match the achievement of last season also.

Every teams objective (apart from Charlton athletics) is to be better then the previous season.

Leicester....the truth hurts as they cannot possible be better then they were last season.

It's a downward spiral of tricky motivation.

It's empty.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Part of the problem;

They've already done the best most unimaginable thing they could have hoped for.

They know, unless they really really dig deep, they probably won't ever be able to even match the achievement of last season also.

Every teams objective (apart from Charlton athletics) is to be better then the previous season.

Leicester....the truth hurts as they cannot possible be better then they were last season.

It's empty.

I understand and agree with your comment.
    However, I just can't help thinking...

Awww. Diddums.
  • Options

I wouldn't be
    Neither would I, I would still be in a darkened room trying to calm down.
  • Options

An amazing difference in the commitment and effort of the players tonight.

I'm not sure whether that's an indictment of the ex manager or of the players though...

If you agree with the sacking you'll think the former if you disagree with it it's the latter.

If they now stay up those that disagree with the sacking will say he would have kept them up regardless. It's an emotive subject for many for what he did and that's what's clouding their judgement. Had he only done pretty well last year and got them europa league there wouldn't have been this outrage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Part of the problem;

It's empty.

That's the logical approach, but professional footballers have made it into a very select industry that almost every boy on earth wants to be a part of not only because they have natural talent but also because they have self confidence to succeed when all reason and logic suggests they will fail. It's why when a player moves to a big club and you or I say "what's the point in that - he'll only sit on the bench" the player himself doesn't see that happening, it's also why I think the decline in Leicester's performances this year must have been deliberate.
  • Options
    From what Shakespeare (the Asst Manager not the bard) said after the match - they went back to basics and the way they played last year, i.e. 4-4-2. It's what they know. Maybe CR had been trying a more fashionable 4-2-3-1 approach. Don't know much about their approach. Maybe other managers should take heed.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

From what Shakespeare (the Asst Manager not the bard) said after the match - they went back to basics and the way they played last year, i.e. 4-4-2. It's what they know. Maybe CR had been trying a more fashionable 4-2-3-1 approach. Don't know much about their approach. Maybe other managers should take heed.

10 out of the 11 were last season's regular starters

They struggled last summer to really improve the team, the players they were able to bring in weren't a step up in quality, and indeed probably spoilt the team shape and spirit
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I can't say I'm surprised, a manager can't live by last season's results.

A damn shame, but I can't blame Leicester tbh.

Leicester are up to 9th now. They've moved from 1 point above the relegation zone to 11 points above.