Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Comments

• edited February 2017
    stig thats brilliant storm it all over twitter?

• I have put it on Twitter, but I'm afraid my account isn't used enough to create much of a storm.
  • colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

World class manager loses moral from team of players that punched above there weight... I hope the take pardew and go down

1 top tier title, 1 Italian cup and 1 Spanish Cup in 31 years as a manager. World class indeed.
    I would agree that he is not world class, but he has always been underrated and is a very very good manager. He has had a dud season here and there, mainly Atletico Madrid and Greece (although he argued he only had 12 days to build a new team).

But some of the jobs he has done have been brilliant, Leicester aside. In 2007 managed to guide a poor Parma team in poor form to a 12th place finish after joining mid Feb and being 2nd bottom.

Promoting Monaco and then finishing runners up.

Stabilising the Juve ship after coming up from Serie B.

He got the best out of some awful Chelsea players and brought in players like Lampard with suggestions to the club to get Robben and Drogba before Jose arrived. Even with the mega money they spent when Roman came in, he backed it up with a CL semi final and 2nd place finish.

What makes him not world class is simply because he stole Scott Parker ;-)
  • Fiiiiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

World class manager loses moral from team of players that punched above there weight... I hope the take pardew and go down

1 top tier title, 1 Italian cup and 1 Spanish Cup in 31 years as a manager. World class indeed.
    I would agree that he is not world class, but he has always been underrated and is a very very good manager. He has had a dud season here and there, mainly Atletico Madrid and Greece (although he argued he only had 12 days to build a new team).

But some of the jobs he has done have been brilliant, Leicester aside. In 2007 managed to guide a poor Parma team in poor form to a 12th place finish after joining mid Feb and being 2nd bottom.

He got the best out of some awful Chelsea players and brought in players like Lampard with suggestions to the club to get Robben and Drogba before Jose arrived. Even with the mega money they spent when Roman came in, he backed it up with a CL semi final and 2nd place finish.

I believe that was the Special One (git) rather than Ranieri.
  • edited February 2017
    bobmunro said:

Fiiiiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

It WAS Ranieri .. I made the same mistake years ago and got pulled up
  • The one Leicester fan I know is disgusted by this decision. The ones who have been fans since about January probably think it is the right call.
  • colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Well you get my point no ? Or just being facetious for the sake of it ? Are there many in that team that have more experience than him ?
    He just isn't world class though.
    So back in the day when managers generally lasted mire than a year in the job, they were all "World class" were they, all highly decorated?
  • edited February 2017

bobmunro said:

Fiiiiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Parker went at beginning of 2004 and Jose took over in June 2004.
  • bobmunro said:

Fiiiiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Pretty sure Jose was manager of Chelsea in 2004-2005 season.
    Yeah that was the season he took over.
  • bobmunro said:

Fiiiiiish said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Pretty sure Jose was manager of Chelsea in 2004-2005 season.
    Yeah that was the season he took over.
    Yes edited my post to say SP joined at beginning of 2004.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Well you get my point no ? Or just being facetious for the sake of it ? Are there many in that team that have more experience than him ?
    So back in the day when managers generally lasted mire than a year in the job, they were all "World class" were they, all highly decorated?
    Fuck you on about?

After a 31 year managerial career, including some big clubs, he has a very low trophy haul. We aren't just talking about the one phenomenal year we had.

For what ever reason people have an emotional attachment to him. The press and SSN today have been a little bit vomit inducing. Let's not forget this was the same man who when at Chelsea was given dog's abuse, for his weird press conferences and strange selections.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Fuck you on about?

After a 31 year managerial career, including some big clubs, he has a very low trophy haul. We aren't just talking about the one phenomenal year we had.

For what ever reason people have an emotional attachment to him. The press and SSN today have been a little bit vomit inducing. Let's not forget this was the same man who when at Chelsea was given dog's abuse, for his weird press conferences and strange selections.
    Why do you keep getting so aggressive? You're starting to make me feel a little uneasy....
  • What does world class mean?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

What does world class mean?

Hang around and @colthe3rd will "fuckin" tell ya
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Id presume it means an elite group of people at the top of their profession that would be considered for any role within their sport. I wouldn't class Ranieri within that group.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Fuck you on about?

Why do you keep getting so aggressive? You're starting to make me feel a little uneasy....
    Replying to morons gets me angry. My apologies.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Fuck you on about?

Grrrrrrrrrr
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Id presume it means an elite group of people at the top of their profession that would be considered for any role within their sport. I wouldn't class Ranieri within that group.
    I don't think any sane person would.

Or maybe just the "football people" would.
  • In the Premier League 2017. Leicester have scored 0 goals, let in 12, drew 1 and lost 5 games.
  • In the Premier League 2017. Leicester have scored 0 goals, let in 12, drew 1 and lost 5 games.

Absolute disgrace he has been fired, those foreign owners know nothing about football, he was such a nice guy, deserved a job for life.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Fuck you on about?

Grrrrrrrrrr
    Deep breath, Rob - and relax.

Only another few weeks when they'll get a visit from Dr. Tottenham. Sure to make them feel better...
  • thought they would give him to the end of the season/end of their champions league run to sack him. Feels a lot like they've deliberately sabotaged their champions league campaign now as well.
  • Maybe him and Nigel Pearson could do some sort of time share?
  • RANIERI STATEMENT

The Italian has issued a heartfelt statement after a dramatic 24 hours, which saw Ranieri leave his post as Leicester manager.

“Yesterday my dream died,” the statement read.

After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.

Sadly this was not to be.

I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester.

My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.

Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.

But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you.

Claudio Ranieri

"Sad useless fuckin c**t, deserved everything he got. This is football, not fuckin Barbie and Ken and if you ain't got much in the old cabinet, you ain't world fuckin class and if anyone thinks he deserves any respect from a neutral or loyalty from the club for helping them win the title, well, you are a fuckin moron blahhhbhhh"

"MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!!"

"where's me asthma pump.........."
  • **Edit**

"He ain't fit enough to lace Wenger's Clarks's"
  • ....."and breath"
  • ...."bollocks, I can't, where's me fuckin asthma pump again"