Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Comments

• Surely not Pardew. I'm sure he'd get Leicester out of trouble but his record shows the same pattern wherever he's managed: Good start followed by mediocrity culminating in disaster.

I've always disliked King Power as a company and this decision has strengthened this feeling.

Don't remember there being a good start at Charlton, one good result vs West Ham (after a mediocre start) followed by a steady decline.
  • I think it is short-sighted. Something is clearly missing this season, but it is strange that he was sacked after a second half performance where the Leicester of last year was clearly visible.
  • From fairytale to pantomime in one foul swoop!
  • edited February 2017

Surely not Pardew. I'm sure he'd get Leicester out of trouble but his record shows the same pattern wherever he's managed: Good start followed by mediocrity culminating in disaster.

I've always disliked King Power as a company and this decision has strengthened this feeling.

Don't remember there being a good start at Charlton, one good result vs West Ham (after a mediocre start) followed by a steady decline.
    He did get us out of the relegation zone and a terrible blunder late in the game by the linesman against Fulham stopped us capitalising and we never recovered from that. The board bottled it after relegation and Pardew lost his way and the mess became such that he didn't know how to fix it. I think Murray has to take a lot of the blame alongside Pardew for our failure after relegation. But it wasn't my money and you can sort of undertsand why he choked. I think he is not a bad manager, but he isn't good at fixing problems.

Murray made two good calls in his Charlton career and dined off them. The first was backing/choosing Curbishley as the man and the second was letting him get on with it. The problem with Murray, the Leicester owners et all, is that they think the achievement is theirs. Sometimes you have to show a bit of guts. I will always maintain, what saw us relegated from the Premier league was the premature sacking of Dowie. He still had the dressing room - I could see that. I don't think he was a great manager and he probably would have been sacked later, but Pardew would have taken over from Dowie with a few more points and we may all be loving the bloke now - whilst he played for the enemy - I think he can be rightly proud of his contribution to us as a player.

But whilst you have money, it doesn't mean you have common sense. Sadly a lot of football club owners prove that. None more so than some twit named Duchatelet!
  • aliwibble said:

Guys, a small plea... can you stop quoting Chizz's comment that included the massive picture of Pardew's face? Every time it comes up I'm in danger of losing my stomach contents or smashing my laptop screen. Ta :-)

Fair enough. I'm not going to quote Chizz.
  • aliwibble said:

Guys, a small plea... can you stop quoting Chizz's comment that included the massive picture of Pardew's face? Every time it comes up I'm in danger of losing my stomach contents or smashing my laptop screen. Ta :-)

Pardew has more lines than Clapham Junction.
  • aliwibble said:

Pardew has more lines than Clapham Junction.
    I hadn't noticed it before, but he does have a rather large nose do you not think?
  • Leicester buried another king.
  • Fucking pathetic. What a bunch of wankers club owners are as a breed.

Not necessarily wankers, just not football people, a bit like the vast majority of the supporters sitting in the grounds these days imo
  • Losing Kante and not getting an adequate replacement was a key factor in Leicester's decline. I'm sad for them, and especially for Ranieri. Really hoped they'd at least finish top half.

The real nightmare may yet be to come - they go down and in doing so let the nigels stay up.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if they appoint SCP, he keeps them up and in doing so sends the stripey ones down?
  • Sponsored links:

• do think its a similar situation to the powell sacking, hes confident he would keep us up but wanted a little cup run. we were one win away from wembley a day out for the fans etc.
  • Fucking pathetic. What a bunch of wankers club owners are as a breed.

Not necessarily wankers, just not football people, a bit like the vast majority of the supporters sitting in the grounds these days imo
    Can you explain what football people are?
  • colthe3rd said:

Fucking pathetic. What a bunch of wankers club owners are as a breed.

I think they can generally be described as wankers.

Professional football in this country (and most countries no doubt) is rotten to the core.
  • bobmunro said:

colthe3rd said:

Professional football in this country (and most countries no doubt) is rotten to the core.
    So now they're wankers? I'm so confused, it's as if it's one of those phrases that's used that has absolutely no context.
  • colthe3rd said:

bobmunro said:

colthe3rd said:

So now they're wankers? I'm so confused, it's as if it's one of those phrases that's used that has absolutely no context.
    Of course I agree - the word is only ever used correctly in context when describing onanists.

It has however clearly become a euphemism for a number of unwanted behaviours - most of which occur within professional football.
  • If a new manager comes in and gives them a bump then that can only make Palarse more likely to be relegated so, even if it's Pardew, I wish them all the luck in the world.
  • no surprise surely .. yesterday has gone .. I was once told a story about Ian Holloway when he was at Blackpool .. a player, Charlie Adam, supposedly had more influence on tactics and selection than Holloway ..
    I wonder if a similar situation existed last season at Leicester ... whatever, the club has nosedived and Ranieri seemed powerless to stop the potential disaster .. we will see
  • World class manager loses moral from team of players that punched above there weight... I hope the take pardew and go down
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

World class manager loses moral from team of players that punched above there weight... I hope the take pardew and go down

1 top tier title, 1 Italian cup and 1 Spanish Cup in 31 years as a manager. World class indeed.
  • There is an obvious replacement:

Linkedin Profile reads:

2nd degree connection
    Karel Fraeye
    Looking for a new challenge
  • edited February 2017
    colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

World class manager loses moral from team of players that punched above there weight... I hope the take pardew and go down

1 top tier title, 1 Italian cup and 1 Spanish Cup in 31 years as a manager. World class indeed.
    Well you get my point no ? Or just being facetious for the sake of it ? Are there many in that team that have more experience than him ?
  • Winning the league clearly went to the players heads, real shame because it's the manager's job to keep them grounded, which with such a huge result it was always going to be near impossible.
  • Strange really, if you said to any fan who had just staved off relegation "would you take a premier league title win next season, then get relegated the next season with the same manager, would you be happy?" An overwhelming number, for any club of that size, would say yes.

Yet footy isn't about fans, step forward Roly etc etc.
  • edited February 2017
    colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Manager

Cagliari[7][16]

Serie C1: 1988–89
        Coppa Italia Serie C: 1988–89
        Serie B promotion: 1989–90

Fiorentina[7][16]

Serie B: 1993–94
        Coppa Italia: 1995–96
        Supercoppa Italiana: 1996

Valencia[7][16]

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1998
        Copa del Rey: 1998–99
        UEFA Super Cup: 2004[99]

Monaco[7][16][99]

Ligue 2: 2012–13

Leicester City[16][100]

Premier League: 2015–16[5]
    Sure he's not consistently been winning leagues but it's not that bad a record.
  • shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Well you get my point no ? Or just being facetious for the sake of it ? Are there many in that team that have more experience than him ?
    He just isn't world class though.
  • would like to see them relegated but not instead of palace, if i could have it my way, i would see palace, leicester and boro relegated.
  • colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

He just isn't world class though.
    Good point, sack the cunt then and bring in someone more there level