Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    winners in bold is my guess

Juventus v Tottenham
    FC Basel v Manchester City
    Porto v Liverpool
    Sevilla v Manchester United
    Real Madrid v PSG
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma
    Chelsea v Barcelona
    Bayern Munich v Besiktas
  • Options

Arsenal v Ostersund in the Europa League

Was really hoping for that tie seeing that Englishman; Graham Potter is doing miracles in Sweden!!

A great draw for Ostersund, the biggest games in their history
  • Options
    Tough but winnable for Spurs if Kane and Eriksen are fit.
    City will stroll through.
    United and Liverpool - not easy but both should go through.
    Chelsea up against it, especially with the 2nd leg away.

Luck of the draw though. PSG win their group ahead of Bayern. PSG then get Real Madrid whilst Bayern get Besiktas!!
  • Options
    Don’t underestimate Shakhtar. Think Juve have just hit form so reckon they’ll beat Tottenham. Also think chelsea will be out. Our other teams should get through. Can see Liverpool maybe slipping up if any of them do. Real Madrid aren’t at the races this season but never write them off with the players they have.
  • Options
    Can't really go off form now though as the ties are 2-3 months away.

A lot could change by the time the ties are played.
  • Options
    Juve
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Man U
    Real Madrid
    Roma
    Barcelona
    Bayern
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Juventus v Tottenham
    Porto v Liverpool
    Real Madrid v PSG
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma
    Chelsea v Barcelona
    Bayern Munich v Besiktas

• Options

Juve
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Man U
    Real Madrid
    Roma
    Barcelona
    Bayern

lol sorry Callum should just quoted yours :disappointed:
  • Options

Tottenham
    Manchester City
    Porto
    Manchester United
    Real Madrid
    Roma
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
  • Options
    I think Sevilla may surprise a few people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Spurs have got a nice little set of fixtures in the build up to that CL game...

31st Jan - Spurs v Man Utd
    3rd Feb - Liverpool v Spurs
    10th Feb - Spurs v Arsenal
    13th Feb - Juventus v Spurs...

Ouch.

I would have said we beat Juventus over both legs but christ, not so sure seeing it like that.
  • Options
    I see they're doing that format again of spreading the games out over a whole month. I swear it used to be a done in two weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    winners in bold as my guesses

Juventus v Tottenham
    Porto v Liverpool
    Real Madrid v PSG
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma
    Chelsea v Barcelona
    Bayern Munich v Besiktas
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Well Spurs have got a nice little set of fixtures in the build up to that CL game...

Ouch.

I would have said we beat Juventus over both legs but christ, not so sure seeing it like that.

You can also bet that the italian FA will probably let Juve move their league game before you to the Friday night so giving them extra time to recover.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ouch.

Of course Tottenham have a chance but what would make you think that Tottenham are better over two legs than Juventus?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Ouch.

Of course Tottenham have a chance but what would make you think that Tottenham are better over two legs than Juventus?
    If they can take 4 points off Real Madrid, why can't they knock Juve out?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Ouch.

Er...we beat AC Milan in the San Siro with just Peter Crouch playing up front lol. Anything is possible.
  • Options

dizzee said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Ouch.

Well that is why I say of course Tottenham have a chance but to assume Tottenham would win against a team that has made 2 of the last 3 finals is questionable...
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Ouch.

Well that is why I say of course Tottenham have a chance but to assume Tottenham would win against a team that has made 2 of the last 3 finals is questionable...
    Wasn't Inter Milan reigning European Champions when we turned them over at WHL in 2010/11?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huge amount riding on tonight's game for Real Madrid against PSG, including quite possibly Zidane's job. The league season has been a disaster so it's all on the Champions League.
  • Options
    Quite fancy Madrid to get a good result tonight, especially as the CL is all they have left to fight for.

Also whilst PSG have destroyed everyone in their home games, they've sometimes struggled in big away games this season, needing a last gasp goal to draw at Marseille and were beaten at both Lyon and Bayern.
  • Options

Just make sure you don't ruin it all by losing to fucking Palace in a couple of weeks

Ha, watch us slip up against Rochdale now lol. Now that would be Spursy.

The Palace and Huddersfield games are massive in terms of keeping the pressure on at the top.
  • Options
    Great performance last night Johno, after first 15 mins i was texting my mate they need to keep in it and not lose the tie altogether. From that moment Spurs were by far the better team although they did have a few chances too, cracking result. Eriksen and Dembele ran the show (Latter did against Arsenal too, i went in spurs end). Aurier is too much of a risk for these games, hopefully Poch will see this and thankfully he is suspended for the next game, i know he has a bit more pace then Trippier but he is a liability, at least with Davies it wasn't so much a rash challenge but Aurier has this in him, surprised he lasted whole game.

Good results out of a tough run of games, but please as above do not give anything back to Palars, at least to Rochdale that would be fine :)
  • Options
    Dembele has been sensational the last few games for Spurs - MOTM against Arsenal and last night
  • Options
    Pogba could do with watching Dembele recently.
    His all round game is top quality
  • Options
    Just read somewhere that Dembele had 10% possession of the entire game last night. Not sure how they worked that out but its probably true as he was that good.

Dembele has been sensational the last few games for Spurs - MOTM against Arsenal and last night

Yes, he really has. First time he has looked fully fit all season, no coincidence. Really need to wrap him in cotton wool.

• Options
    Hope this Madrid v PSG game lives up to the hype, could be a classic.