Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    1-0 Monaco
  • Options
    2-0 Monaco (going through on away goals)
  • Options
    Will be interesting now how Monaco continue.
    Up to now they've had to push for goals, now they have them early do they carry on as they are? Or do they ease off a bit which could suit City?
    Hope they continue as they have done so far to be honest, score another 3 or 4!
  • Options
    City getting done on their right. Mendy is overloading the right back area on every attack. Sterling failed to run back in the opening twenty mins, so Guardiola switched Sane across, but he's no better.
  • Options
    It would be a disaster for City and Pep's reputation to crash out tonight. No pressure...
  • Options
    Monaco play some lovely stuff.
  • Options

2-0 Monaco (going through on away goals)

Said this would happen despite a lot of work colleagues saying that the 5-3 reault was amazing
  • Options
    Monaco are absolute lightning fast going forward, commentator said they've scored at least 3 goals in 21 of their matches this season in all competitions!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    2-1 Sane. Man C lead 5-6 on agg.

20 mins left.
  • Options
    Why do teams change philosophy like that.
    You were obviously playing well enough to go 2-0 up, why sit back?
    Man City didn't have a sniff first half. Completely different 2nd 45
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    3-1 Bakayoko (6-6 on agg). Monaco ahead on away goals.
  • Options
    Monaco go through.

First time Pep loses at the round of 16.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Atletico Madrid
    Bayern Munich
    Borussia Dortmund
    Juventus
    Monaco
    Leicester City

QF draw is Friday morning.
  • Options
    What a great game from Monaco. They looked like they could score on demand.
  • Options
    Lol...can hear the ManC fans already planning a protest about the state of their club.

Leicester the only English representative left in the CL...surely they can't win the bleeding thing.
  • Options
    Champions of England, Spain, Italy and Germany

French league leaders

Last year's Champions League finalists

... and Borussia Dortmund
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    IA said:

French league leaders

Also got last years Champions League winners (i.e. Barcelona won La Liga last year didnt they?)
  • Options

IA said:

French league leaders

Also got last years Champions League winners (i.e. Barcelona won La Liga last year didnt they?)
    I think he was including both finalists in the statement.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2017
    Yes I meant both finalists, I should have said 'both'
  • Options
    City had their chances and they blew it, Monaco after going 2 up let City play which was a mistake. But lucky they caught City on a day where they couldn't find the back of the net from several easy chances. another day they would have ran away with it, just Leicester flying the flag now. Lets hope they dont get embarrassed in the next leg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Moan Utd finish outside the top 4 in the Premier League but win the Europa League, they qualify for next year's Champions League by virtue of having won the Europa League.

Anyone know if this means we get 5 teams in next years Champions League (top 4 in Premier League plus Moan Utd) or do Utd "nick" a place from the team that finishes 4th in the Premier League?

Also tempted to ask what would happen to qualification for next year's CL if, in addition, Leicester won this year's CL but I suspect we won't need to worry about that! (Although I would love them to win it!)
  • Options
    edited March 2017

If Moan Utd finish outside the top 4 in the Premier League but win the Europa League, they qualify for next year's Champions League by virtue of having won the Europa League.

Anyone know if this means we get 5 teams in next years Champions League (top 4 in Premier League plus Moan Utd) or do Utd "nick" a place from the team that finishes 4th in the Premier League?

Also tempted to ask what would happen to qualification for next year's CL if, in addition, Leicester won this year's CL but I suspect we won't need to worry about that! (Although I would love them to win it!)

Yeah we get five teams... As Spain had five teams in this years competition (Villarreal and Sevilla the other two)

Think as well if Leicester were to win the Champions League we'd get six teams
  • Options

City had their chances and they blew it, Monaco after going 2 up let City play which was a mistake. But lucky they caught City on a day where they couldn't find the back of the net from several easy chances. another day they would have ran away with it, just Leicester flying the flag now. Lets hope they dont get embarrassed in the next leg

Monaco should have thrashed City by even more ... They destroyed City. City had a 20 min spell in the second half where they had 3 chances but aside from that Monaco were by far the better team.
  • Options
    If Leicester and Man United both won their competitions and both finished outside the top 4 the team in 4th would be 'relegated' to the Europa League.

They changed the rules to allow a maximum of 5 (previously 4) teams from one nation.
  • Options
    Imagine if that was Spurs or Arsenal. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Draw starting... first game

Atletico Madrid v Leicester City
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Atletico Madrid v Leicester
  • Options
    Borussia Dortmund v AS Monaco
  • Options
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
  • Options
    Arguably the 4 best teams against each other in the quarters.