Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    The Europa draw is confusing, thought it was against UEFA rules for two clubs to be in the same competition where the same person/group owns more than 10% of both clubs
  • Options
    Leipzig vs Marseille
    Arsenal vs CSKA
    Atleti vs Sporting
    Lazio vs Salzburg
  • Options

The Europa draw is confusing, thought it was against UEFA rules for two clubs to be in the same competition where the same person/group owns more than 10% of both clubs

Think UEFA make the rules as they go along.

Could still be an all Red Bull Final then.
  • Options
    Be funny it it was and they had an almighty punch up.
  • Options
    Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow

I wonder if Putin will come over to watch that...
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Leipzig vs Marseille
    Arsenal vs CSKA
    Atleti vs Sporting
    Lazio vs Salzburg

Interesting draw for Arsenal with the current England vs Russia. Athletico got the easiest draw, Red Bull x 2 would have been funny if they played each other.

Europa rules are bizarre, i still dont get how Sanchez can play for Champions League (well not anymore lol) but Aubemeyang cant for Arsenal, i know small loopholes but to me they should either both be allowed or both not.

edit- would say most the bigger teams would be happy with avoiding each other, looks so much strong than when United won it last year, so some way to go for Arsenal. Athletico the team to beat but can beat them on their day.
  • Options

Leipzig vs Marseille
    Arsenal vs CSKA
    Atleti vs Sporting
    Lazio vs Salzburg

Interesting draw for Arsenal with the current England vs Russia. Athletico got the easiest draw, Red Bull x 2 would have been funny if they played each other.

Europa rules are bizarre, i still dont get how Sanchez can play for Champions League (well not anymore lol) but Aubemeyang cant for Arsenal, i know small loopholes but to me they should either both be allowed or both not.

edit- would say most the bigger teams would be happy with avoiding each other, looks so much strong than when United won it last year, so some way to go for Arsenal. Athletico the team to beat but can beat them on their day.
    Does seem a bit confusing but i think its because Sanchez was in the Europa league to start with he could have no impact on the champions league, where-as Aubemeyang theoretically could have affected both champions league and Europa league
  • Options

It will be even more confusing when Red Bull Charlton are also competing in Europe
  • Options

Leipzig vs Marseille
    Arsenal vs CSKA
    Atleti vs Sporting
    Lazio vs Salzburg

Bizarre is the right word.
    Aubameyang cant play in the Europa League as he left Dortmund and Dortmund were in the Europa League for the knockouts. But if Dortmund had finished top two in their group and stayed in the Champions League he would have been allowed to play for Arsenal.
    Mkhitaryan is allowed to play for Arsenal even though he has played for Man United this season because they are (or were) in the Champions League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leipzig vs Marseille
    Arsenal vs CSKA
    Atleti vs Sporting
    Lazio vs Salzburg

Does seem a bit confusing but i think its because Sanchez was in the Europa league to start with he could have no impact on the champions league, where-as Aubemeyang theoretically could have affected both champions league and Europa league
    Mkhitaryan moved just like Aubameyang from the Champions League to the Europa League but he is allowed to play for Arsenal. The key bit of the rule is that the club he left isn't involved in the tournament he is joining. So as Man United were in the Champions League for the knockout stages Mkhitaryan was allowed to play for Arsenal in the Europa League.
  • Options
    Real Madrid fans here not happy with the draw against Juventus, who were the team they least wanted to face. Some ridiculous suggestions that the draw has been fixed by UEFA to give Barcelona an easy tie, which is one of Madrid fans´ classic conspiracy theories. Good draw for Atletico in the Europa League and I´m hoping that they go onto win it as well as finish second in the league after getting disappointingly knocked out of the Champions League.
  • Options
    Gooners in Russia -------funnnnnyyyyyyy
  • Options
    I'd love to see every member of Arsenal Fan TV poisoned by Russian spies

Gooners in Russia -------funnnnnyyyyyyy

• Options
    Real Madrid v Juve is the stand out tie.

Roma may be the potential upset.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

So what happens if Salzburg get Leipzig in the Europa league draw? Do Red Bull complain?

They'll let each team win one leg each so their slogan stays true that 'Red Bull gives you wins'.
  • Options

At the start of the season they were told they couldn't both compete in the champions league (which was where they started before being knocked out and into the Europa). But apparently UEFA let them both in after Red bull apparently confirmed they no longer owned Salzburg and now just sponsored them instead.

But the question is, who now owns Red Bull Salzburg then?
  • Options
    Bertie big bollocks scores yet another big time goal. He is now on 648 goals for club and country!
  • Options
    This is another quality match with two quality teams. I remember the turgid top European cup matches from the 70s and 80s. I will never be able to understand how true football fans can complain about the Champions League and modern elite football in general.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sevilla 1-0 up on Bayern.
  • Options
    Bayern equalise for 1-1.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Juve desperately trying to win a penalty.

Whole Juve team should be booked for even trying to suggest that was a handball.
  • Options

This is another quality match with two quality teams. I remember the turgid top European cup matches from the 70s and 80s. I will never be able to understand how true football fans can complain about the Champions League and modern elite football in general.

I agree to a point. The technical side and tactical side have both taken a huge leap forward in the last decade. On the flipside I feel the complaints, rightly, relate to the theatrical side in europe that has never gone away. Players conning the ref screaming for opposition to be booked. Not good.
  • Options
    It hit his arm in the box, you cant help appeal it! Ref got it right though!
  • Options
    Watching the Seville vs Bayern game. Missus asks who’s playing. Seville vs Bayern Munich, I say. Missus. Seville is that where all the oranges come from ..........Bryan Munich, that’s a funny name for a football team !
  • Options
    Unreal goal from Ronaldo. The world's best for me.
  • Options
    WOW what a goal.
  • Options
    Even the Juve fans have him a good clap for that!
  • Options
    Won't see many better goals than that. Top class from Ronaldo.