Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying CAFC the business

If I had £20m I would give £15m of it to Roland.

However he would have to take care of the liabilities he created. I expect him to pay off all the players out on loan (except Vetokele - I want him).

He has to take care of KR and KM and Congo Chris. Again, his liabilities. Same for Rojo.

I'll get CP back as manager as division three is his stomping ground. He'll come on a performance related pay. He'll have £2m from finance raised / costs saved.

That's his budget.

Texeira will probably go, maybe another couple of higher wage earners too.

Season tickets will be top priced £300. I believe we'd sell 10,000 minimum.

Sponsorship and matchday revenue would at least triple from today's position.

We may not get promoted but we'd not lose money and we'd be no worse off than where we are now.

There's still £5m you say? Yes RD gets £1m a year for five years as "saving face" money.

What would you do if you could buy Charlton?

Comments

• If I had £20m I..............................................would not give Roland any of it. Investing in a football club is a mugs game.
  • Why would you give Roland anything when all he has demonstrated since he took over is that he knows how to waste millions of pounds?
  • If you had £20M and gave Roland £15M of it leaving you £5M then I am afraid to say we would be bust within 12 months.

IF I had £20m, Roland wouldn't get any of it, I was just saying IF you had enough money to buy Charlton in spare change what would you do.

I'm not going to financially argue whether Roland deserves £15m + £1m a year in pay off - nor am I going to argue if that is enough money - because why are you right in saying it would need more... you don't know. With all the high earners off the books and 10,000+ season tickets per year, plus sponsorship money and no interest charges to the club, you have no idea if the club could be run feasibly with two or three player sales.

So, again, maybe just answer the question! :-p
  • supaclive said:

If you had £20M and gave Roland £15M of it leaving you £5M then I am afraid to say we would be bust within 12 months.

IF I had £20m, Roland wouldn't get any of it, I was just saying IF you had enough money to buy Charlton in spare change what would you do.

I'm not going to financially argue whether Roland deserves £15m + £1m a year in pay off - nor am I going to argue if that is enough money - because why are you right in saying it would need more... you don't know. With all the high earners off the books and 10,000+ season tickets per year, plus sponsorship money and no interest charges to the club, you have no idea if the club could be run feasibly with two or three player sales.

How much money do we have to play with then?

If it's c. £3b then the answer is that I would win the Premier League.

If it's c. £20m (even after RD has gone and all debts are cleared) I'd probably run out of money within three years and still be in the third division.

If I had less than £200m in liquid assets I wouldn't consider buying the club as it wouldn't be enough to (a) be successful enough for our ungrateful, demanding fans (admittedly, they are like all fans) or (b) provide any long term satisfaction as success in football these days costs so much more than I would have to lose - especially if the season tickets are going to be discounted by 50%.
  • supaclive said:

If you had £20M and gave Roland £15M of it leaving you £5M then I am afraid to say we would be bust within 12 months.

High earners off the books, 2-3 sales a year, break even... Where have I heard that business plan before??
  • edited February 2017
    I'd stop the free buffets straight away. And the free tickets.
  • All current season ticket holders would get next season free and any previous holders during the regime would get 33% off. First game of my ownership would be £1 and free food token for chips (with a record 20chips on offer than the usual 13!
  • supaclive said:

However he would have to take care of the liabilities he created. I expect him to pay off all the players out on loan (except Vetokele - I want him).

He has to take care of KR and KM and Congo Chris. Again, his liabilities. Same for Rojo.

I'll get CP back as manager as division three is his stomping ground. He'll come on a performance related pay. He'll have £2m from finance raised / costs saved.

That's his budget.

Texeira will probably go, maybe another couple of higher wage earners too.

Season tickets will be top priced £300. I believe we'd sell 10,000 minimum.

Sponsorship and matchday revenue would at least triple from today's position.

We may not get promoted but we'd not lose money and we'd be no worse off than where we are now.

There's still £5m you say? Yes RD gets £1m a year for five years as "saving face" money.

What would you do if you could buy Charlton?

You could pay a hitman to save yourself £15m if you had that sort of money.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I were in a position to buy Charlton, I'd make sure someone had power of attorney over my affairs ....
  • edited February 2017
    supaclive said:

That's excatly what you said:
    supaclive said:

supaclive said:

Bit of a pointless thread then, innit.

• I won't argue with you - because you can't prove I'm not right and I can't prove you are wrong, but IF you could buy the club, what would you do differently from Roland....
  • supaclive said:

I won't argue with you - because you can't prove I'm not right and I can't prove you are wrong, but IF you could buy the club, what would you do differently from Roland....

Crossbars would be a free bar.
    Free train travel to away games
  • Elfsborg would get a life ban for being elfsborg
  • I would only sign gay, disabled or female players. "Oh South London" a life-banning offence. A parade of rescued animals at half-time. Solar panels everywhere. The future's red. The future's Charlton Progressive FC
  • bobmunro said:

I would reappoint Chris Powell as manager, appoint Curbs as Director of Football, appoint JJ as First Team Coach, convince Reg to come back as CEO, and give the manager sufficient funds to get out of the League 1 hell hole.

I would also need substantially more than £20 million!

This.
  • I wouldn't pay Roland £15m until he had taken all the high paid low performing or disinterested players into the network or pay them off.

Difficult to say exactly who this would be as not familiar with their contract structures. It would probably include:
    Igor Vetokele (like him. It can't see him wanting to come back and I'm not paying for him to play for STVV)
    Tony Watt
    Roger effing Johnson
    Christian Ceballos (has a nice apartment near Stayen I heard)
    Naby Sarr
    Novak
    Ajose

Coaches:
    Karl Robinson
    Karl's mate
    Chris o'loughlin

These players and coaches are errors/mismanagement of Duchatelet and Meire and if I had to take them on, I would reduce the price I paid by the net present value of the cost of removing them.

I'd maybe need to adjust price for getting rid of some better performing but still too expensive/potentially crocked players:

Teixara
    Kashi

I think it's clear that a shake up of the non-playing team would be required. If that cost money, I'd be looking to reduce the price.

The SMT would all be fired. If Varney was not available to take on the CEO role, I would look for a hard working CEO with a good track record in football, ideally someone with some Charlton connection.

As to new manager, I'm not sure. I'd love to see Chris Powell with Euall assisting and JJ have a role.

Curbs for director of football? Got to be worth a try at the start, I want to sell 10,000-15,000 season tickets in league 1 for gods sake.

I'd have to do all this before the end of this season so that I had the new non-playing team in place by say End of April. Only then would we have enough time to build for the 2017/2018 season.
  • If I had £20m I'd buy charlton for £15m and sell it to someone who cared about the club for £10m
  • If I had £20m I'd buy charlton for £15m and sell it to someone who cared about the club for £10m

Reverse those figures for me please
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017
    If I had £15m, I'd buy the club for £20m and sell it to someone who cared about the club for £10m.

I'd still have £5m and it would be worth every penny.
  • Given the amount that Charlton loses you would last about six months before going bankrupt after purchasing the club.
  • edited February 2017
    I know this is a joke thread, or at least I hope it is, but the discussion does highlight the issues with the sale/purchase of the club.

The debts run up and the commitments the club have taken on (players wages etc.) make the club worth many millions less than nothing and a fair reflection of the price is most of that is paid off by the chap selling it.

Thus, even thought this is normally a joke phrase, RD would have to pay someone to, literally, take the club for nothing - a bit like he's started doing with the dross players his minions have signed.
  • Leuth said:

I would only sign gay, disabled or female players. "Oh South London" a life-banning offence. A parade of rescued animals at half-time. Solar panels everywhere. The future's red. The future's Charlton Progressive FC

You forgot, only vegan food to be sold at the outlets.
  • If I ended up owning the club, I'd admit that I didn't know what I was doing and ask for help.

There are at least 10,000 people who desperately want to support the club in some way. You just have to ask for God's sake!
  • If owned the the club I'd make Henry and Airman joint CEO's and then invite the currant smt to a board meeting to discuss their futures with the club.
  • if i had 20 million.....

Id put a few hundred quid in the protest fund.

After that is anyones guess
  • T.C.E said:

If owned the the club I'd make Henry and Airman joint CEO's and then invite the currant smt to a board meeting to discuss their futures with the club.

That would make a very interesting combination! If they could stop arguing for 5 minutes though they would do a better job than the current lot (:)