Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford | Tue 21 Feb | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Empty red seats, rain and a demoralising 0-3 defeat. A classic Tues night at the Valley. The only highlight for me will be securing my Sheff Utd ticket.

What about meeting up with your nephew @cabbles then?
    The 31 Year Man is only truly happy when he's inside the incubation of the dj coach on some long away journey.....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Empty red seats, rain and a demoralising 0-3 defeat. A classic Tues night at the Valley. The only highlight for me will be securing my Sheff Utd ticket.

You're right. Always a pleasure to see Cabbles. I taught that boy everything he knows about consolidationism.
  • Options
    We need my old man on here as well. He's just got himself an email account so it's eminantly possible
  • Options
    edited February 2017

RedChaser said:

You're right. Always a pleasure to see Cabbles. I taught that boy everything he knows about consolidationism.
    You know he gets touchy about his handle don't you, it's a small 'c' :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Haha - he'll be unaware of all the misappropriations. I shall have to explain it tomorrow night, I can't treat this thread like elfs does as an extended form of whatsapp
  • Options
    Mavididi will be starting.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    dickplumb said:

Mavididi will be starting.

Is he the player who nearly scored goal of the season I nearly see that
  • Options
    With so many games in a short period of time I wonder if we will see Solly rested at some point and Chicksen at RB. He's played there a few times before. Alternatively Konsa could fill in or Byrne.

I don't think it'll happen tomorrow but it would be sensible to make it happen at some me point. If he plays all of this run of games it would be at huge risk with his knees as they are.
  • Options

With so many games in a short period of time I wonder if we will see Solly rested at some point and Chicksen at RB. He's played there a few times before. Alternatively Konsa could fill in or Byrne.

I don't think it'll happen tomorrow but it would be sensible to make it happen at some me point. If he plays all of this run of games it would be at huge risk with his knees as they are.

Play Solly in the Saturday matches and rest him Tuesdays, makes sense to me
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Another 1-1 draw for London's least exciting football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not going but wish the lads the best of luck. A small crowd will witness a rampant Addicks win 4-2
  • Options
    cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

I'm liking this because I to went mental at the manor ground at that same game. I was a young 15 year old pup and my whole life was football. That same season I dumped a girl after the 2-0 win away at Portsmouth

I was stood very close to Seb's brother Oli and I remember almost knocking him over by mistake when that winner went in.

Anyway, the game. The only thing in our favour is how motivated Oxford may be after being dumped out the cup. Will they have hangover.

My heart says 1-1 as we desperately try to zero in on the record number of draws in one season. My head says 1-1 to keep up this brilliant consolidationism

Great days they were, made my whole week if we won and ruined it if we lost. Like you, my whole life was football. Unlike you, I was pathetic with girls and mostly couldn't get them to go anywhere near me. Can't remember for sure, but while you were dumping a girl after the 2-0 win at Portsmouth, I was probably heading home as quickly as possible to indulge in yet another session of frantic hand to pants combat.

I'm intrigued by your story - did you literally dump her on your way out of Fratton Park, gently explaining that there just wasn't room in your heart for her and Carl Leaburn?
    I remember pulling her at HEAT Blackheath concert halls in the summer of 97. She was at st Urshulas I was at Bonus Pastor. It was the heady days of 187 lockdown, puff daddy's version of I'll be missing you that actually kept the verve drugs don't work off of number 1 and of course championship manager 97/98

i remember staying over at hers the night before championship manager came out, her, a few of her mates, and a few of mine. The October half term. After a great night exploring my adolescence, purchasing champ manager from GAME in lewisham the next day was like the icing on the cake.

There was actually nothing wrong with her at all. Just got it into my head that on the way down and after the 2-0 win I should finish it.

I have many memories from that season, that period. I remember getting home and ringing her on her friends landline that was only down the road to me and telling her it was over. After the call I got back on back on the PC and continued my season with Villa 5-3-2 and bought Victor Leonenko
    And you wonder why your daily emails to Katrien didn't strike gold .. ?
  • Options

cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

I'm liking this because I to went mental at the manor ground at that same game. I was a young 15 year old pup and my whole life was football. That same season I dumped a girl after the 2-0 win away at Portsmouth

I was stood very close to Seb's brother Oli and I remember almost knocking him over by mistake when that winner went in.

Anyway, the game. The only thing in our favour is how motivated Oxford may be after being dumped out the cup. Will they have hangover.

My heart says 1-1 as we desperately try to zero in on the record number of draws in one season. My head says 1-1 to keep up this brilliant consolidationism

Great days they were, made my whole week if we won and ruined it if we lost. Like you, my whole life was football. Unlike you, I was pathetic with girls and mostly couldn't get them to go anywhere near me. Can't remember for sure, but while you were dumping a girl after the 2-0 win at Portsmouth, I was probably heading home as quickly as possible to indulge in yet another session of frantic hand to pants combat.

I'm intrigued by your story - did you literally dump her on your way out of Fratton Park, gently explaining that there just wasn't room in your heart for her and Carl Leaburn?
    I remember pulling her at HEAT Blackheath concert halls in the summer of 97. She was at st Urshulas I was at Bonus Pastor. It was the heady days of 187 lockdown, puff daddy's version of I'll be missing you that actually kept the verve drugs don't work off of number 1 and of course championship manager 97/98

i remember staying over at hers the night before championship manager came out, her, a few of her mates, and a few of mine. The October half term. After a great night exploring my adolescence, purchasing champ manager from GAME in lewisham the next day was like the icing on the cake.

There was actually nothing wrong with her at all. Just got it into my head that on the way down and after the 2-0 win I should finish it.

I have many memories from that season, that period. I remember getting home and ringing her on her friends landline that was only down the road to me and telling her it was over. After the call I got back on back on the PC and continued my season with Villa 5-3-2 and bought Victor Leonenko
    And you wonder why your daily emails to Katrien didn't strike gold .. ?
    Behave Briston - that was my peak
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Haha - he'll be unaware of all the misappropriations. I shall have to explain it tomorrow night, I can't treat this thread like elfs does as an extended form of whatsapp
    Whattsapp?
  • Options

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Whattsapp?
    Nothing much elfs, just shooting the breeze with red chaser :wink:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Whattsapp?
    Dodgy dude that Redchaser.
  • Options
    Back on topic, I think we'll win 2-0.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Whattsapp?
    Dodgy dude that Redchaser.
    A bit harsh Elfs :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm going for 4-3 again.

Mavididi with three tap ins and a diving header.

I'd start with Mavididi who was described as a striker or winger when he joined us. I'd stick him up top and see how he does.

Need to see more from Josh, although on reflection I'm not sure he saw much of the ball in dangerous areas at Rochdale. Apart from when he was through on the keeper in the first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I'm there. Apparently we have a wunderkinder who almost scores wundergoals!!!
  • Options
    Should win. Our squad is better - but after 14-15 draws I'm not certain of anything.

McAleny to play well and Appleton to thumb his nose at those who've scoffed at his record?

Another draw?
  • Options
    Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, its a very pleasant day here, circa 30c and a little overcast. However, unlike the weather, my sunny disposition urges me to forecast a 2-0 victory!!! I hope by the time I wake up we have at least secured 3 points. COYR's
  • Options
    Forget the score. One certainty -there will not be many there.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Thanks to @CAFC-West for reminding me that Charlton and Millwall are both at home tomorrow night.

Has this EVER happened before?

*Note: It can be a struggle some weeks to find something to write about in the Introduction... If ever anyone finds something of note about the fixture, by all means drop me a message in my inbox as it could help me out massively

I believe we were both at home on December 5th, 1992. I wonder what happened then?

Actually, when we were at Selhurst, it was obviously impossible to have us and Palarse playing at home at the same time. Therefore Millwall at home clashing with us at home was of secondary concern and did happen.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I don't think I want to see anyone touching their handle on here, thanks very much.
  • Options
    As it just so does not really matter, I cannot be bothered to think about it, and come to a conclusion. I almost hope it's not a win, or KR will give a 2 hour post match interview about, the corner we have turned.
  • Options

As it just so does not really matter, I cannot be bothered to think about it, and come to a conclusion. I almost hope it's not a win, or KR will give a 2 hour post match interview about, the corner we have turned.

That is pretty sad.Letshope a win will cheer you up
  • Options

Thanks to @CAFC-West for reminding me that Charlton and Millwall are both at home tomorrow night.

Has this EVER happened before?

*Note: It can be a struggle some weeks to find something to write about in the Introduction... If ever anyone finds something of note about the fixture, by all means drop me a message in my inbox as it could help me out massively

I'm pretty sure we played the same night back in either the Prem days or when we we're in the Championship... either way they weren't in the same league at the time.
    I generally didnt think the two could play at home on the same day because of policing
    Anyone who's going tonight make sure you proper kick off. That'll show 'em.
  • Options
    We have so much to play for with 15 games to go ?

I'm convinced we can draw more games than Bradford.

We are only one behind them and we can have the delight of seeing more draws than a cheeky look at Victoria secret's.