Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Teixeria wants more playing time

2»

Comments

• Options
    Konsa could play in a back 3 as the spare man, similar to how David Luiz plays for Chelsea. That way you can exploit his pace and undoubted ball skills
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    sam3110 said:

Does anyone else think our squad is well suited to the modern 3 at the back formation?

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Solly Crofts Forster-Caskey Chicksen
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Not saying play that team every game, but i think it's a viable option. I personally think Konsa and Aribo should play as many games as possible from now until the end of the season, develop them as much as possible, so they are either our best players by far next season, or sold for a hefty price and Robinson is then given something to work with (haha i know)

Really like the look of that team..

When we have the ball it can be 3-4-3 formation as you have showed. Very fluid, very direct, good pace and power up front.

When we don't have the ball, 5-4-1: Very tight at the back, leaving very little space between the lines, nice and compact.
    Rudd
    Solly Bauer Konsa Teixeira Chicksen
    Byrne Crofts Forster-Caskey Holmes
    Magennis

It also has the potential to be 4-3-3/4-5-1: Konsa moving into midfield to help sure it up if we are getting outnumbered.
    Rudd
    Solly Bauer Teixeira Chicksen
    Byrne Crofts Konsa Forster-Caskey Holmes
    Magennis

Or even a Robinson favourite, 4-2-3-1: Konsa holding with Crofts, Forster-Caskey in his favoured advanced role.
    Rudd
    Crofts Konsa
    Byrne Forster-Caskey Holmes
    Magennis

I think it shows that you can have 3 or 4 different, but only slightly adjusted systems that are very fluid. You have to be able to adapt and have different plans and ways of playing depending on what is going on in the game situation. Playing this way will mean we have a very strong, compact spine who are also able to have the tactical knowledge of being in different positions. It's nice to play around with these things.

It's definitely one to think about to accommodate our strengths, that's for sure.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

He should be starting, ridiculous that he is not.

This

With Konsa picking up an injury, KR's hand is forced for the Oxford match but I'm far from sure how highly the fat scouse gobshite rates our Portugeezer.
  • Options
    We would have a better team with Pearce in it.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

IMO no argument against this. However, I don't think we would have been in the top 6 if Pearce has played every match this season.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Each to their own but I don't agree. When we first signed him the wording was that he had turned down the chance to play in the Championship to play for us. Yet after seeing him play I don't feel sure that he'd have been a regular starter in the Champ anyway.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Redhenry said:

Each to their own but I don't agree. When we first signed him the wording was that he had turned down the chance to play in the Championship to play for us. Yet after seeing him play I don't feel sure that he'd have been a regular starter in the Champ anyway.
    Unless it was Rotherham who were after him.....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Surely our highest paid player should be in the show window as well?

The only way to get someone to buy him and take his wages of our books is for him to perform and impress a suitor. It would have made entire sense to have played him in the first half of the season, with the aim of finding a buyer in January. There are plenty of desperate Championship clubs with wealthy owners, who'd overspend in January in order to try and avoid relegation

Yes and that is why Pinochio has cut off her nose to spite her face in this particular set of circumstances :wink:
    Hell of a lot of cutting....
  • Options
    Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Does anyone else think our squad is well suited to the modern 3 at the back formation?

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Not saying play that team every game, but i think it's a viable option. I personally think Konsa and Aribo should play as many games as possible from now until the end of the season, develop them as much as possible, so they are either our best players by far next season, or sold for a hefty price and Robinson is then given something to work with (haha i know)

When we have the ball it can be 3-4-3 formation as you have showed. Very fluid, very direct, good pace and power up front.

When we don't have the ball, 5-4-1: Very tight at the back, leaving very little space between the lines, nice and compact.
    Rudd
    Magennis

It also has the potential to be 4-3-3/4-5-1: Konsa moving into midfield to help sure it up if we are getting outnumbered.
    Rudd
    Magennis

Or even a Robinson favourite, 4-2-3-1: Konsa holding with Crofts, Forster-Caskey in his favoured advanced role.
    Rudd
    Crofts Konsa
    Magennis

I think it shows that you can have 3 or 4 different, but only slightly adjusted systems that are very fluid. You have to be able to adapt and have different plans and ways of playing depending on what is going on in the game situation. Playing this way will mean we have a very strong, compact spine who are also able to have the tactical knowledge of being in different positions. It's nice to play around with these things.

It's definitely one to think about to accommodate our strengths, that's for sure.
    I wouldn't play Crofts in any of those formations. Sorry.
    Just watch his contribution to Rochdale's third goal. Shambles.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

RedChaser said:

Surely our highest paid player should be in the show window as well?

The only way to get someone to buy him and take his wages of our books is for him to perform and impress a suitor. It would have made entire sense to have played him in the first half of the season, with the aim of finding a buyer in January. There are plenty of desperate Championship clubs with wealthy owners, who'd overspend in January in order to try and avoid relegation

Yes and that is why Pinochio has cut off her nose to spite her face in this particular set of circumstances :wink:
    Hell of a lot of cutting....
    Nah, just one swing of the axe is all it would take, you know the sort that has seen off at least seven managers (including caretakers but excluding Riga first time round for the pedants out there) :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Crofts Konsa
    Magennis

Yes but he was playing in a midfield 2 on Saturday. He has been very good when part of a midfield 3. With Konsa/JFC/Aribo alongside him I think he is perfect for the anchoring role.
  • Options
    My guess is that Jorge is on big appearance money so is only used when we're desperate .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I really like Jorge...

He's our best Centre-Back and reckon only Michael Morrison is one of few better CBs we've had in recent year.

He certainly did his bit for the cause on Saturday. There's got to be more to his situation than meets the eye,

His experience surely should make him nailed on to start every game at this level he is available for. Whether he is on some sort of bonus system when he plays, kicked up a stink when we got relegated to get away which upset Slade (who brought in Pearse) or attitude in training we don't know and won't until probably he writes his memoirs.

If as is rumoured the Douchbag insists on youngsters being in the shop window (Konsa) it means it's Tex or BFG at the mo for the other CB berth. In the regime's eyes, he becomes a luxury they can do without however it's not his fault Pinocchio screwed up with the length / terms of his contract which has made him the meat in the sandwich IMO.
    Konsa was apparently very good when Tex was out though. Konsa also has a bit of pace, which both Tex and Bauer lack. There are also many on here who claim Bauer is better in the air than Tex. Some will call me naive, but I feel like he may just be out of favor at the moment. It's harsh, as I've said I'd play him and Bauer in central defense and Konsa in midfield, but I admit it's a close run thing.
  • Options

My guess is that Jorge is on big appearance money so is only used when we're desperate .

I feel like he'd featured in every game with KR in charge until he got suspended...
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Yes but he was playing in a midfield 2 on Saturday. He has been very good when part of a midfield 3. With Konsa/JFC/Aribo alongside him I think he is perfect for the anchoring role.
    He looked ok with Aribo and Konsa doing the running around for him, true, but he's someone I'd replace (marquee signing) if I could.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Made the EFL league One Team of the Week
    Will be very strange (unique) if he doesn't start tonight.
  • Options
    Is it me or has Bauer got significantly and alarmingly worse this season? He was brilliant last year, and now seems to be making costly mistakes almost every game...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

iainment said:

Goal Scorers with over 3-goals this season (in all competitions)

Josh Magennis (8) | Ricky Holmes (5) | Johnnie Jackson (4) | Jorge Teixeira (3) | Patrick Bauer (3) |

Ademola Lookman (7) | Nicky Ajose (7)

3 isn't over 3.
    Amended for the pedantic ;)
    Surely you mean "Amended 'cos I got it wrong, thanks so much for pointing that out"?
  • Options

Roland said at the start of the season, something like we were only playing 5 Academy products and we need to be playing 6 or more. Obviously, it has to be so, to make his plan work. There's no point developing them if you don't play them in the first team.

This is also the reason the squad is deliberately kept under strength. The regime are not as incompetent as some fans think.

Perhaps not incompetent in the way some fans think, but incompetent none the less.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

We are fortunate to have 4 very decent centre backs for this level. Pearce is injured so that's eased the headache slightly. There isn't a lot to choose between Tex, Bauer and Konsa. But realistically Konsa is going to be sold for millions so the ethos of the club means he is more likely to play to get in the shop window.

Bauer is hopefully going to be with us for a while so is getting quality time in.

Tex can't seem to attract a suitor (which I find ridiculous) so is just making things awkward for the gaffer really.

No harm in it all - competition for places is good.

Said Roland, never.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it me or has Bauer got significantly and alarmingly worse this season? He was brilliant last year, and now seems to be making costly mistakes almost every game...

Agree he looks very suspect. Thought he would be a lot more solid than he has shown so far.
  • Options

Agree he looks very suspect. Thought he would be a lot more solid than he has shown so far.
    Maybe not the same after a very long injury absence (and still relatively young). Also, he did have Diarra next to him when he first started and that must have helped.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I think Jorge would love to join us in St Truiden and catch up with his old Standard Liege mates:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    JaShea99 said:

Redhenry said:

I don't agree either. The players not playing are always better - for me Bauer and Tex are our strongest partnership.
  • Options
    Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Crofts Konsa
    Magennis

Don't think that part would work really. that 3-4-3 formation requires everyone be incredibly well drilled and requires some serious ability on the part of the players involved. The wing backs have to be tactically aware, capable of getting up and down the pitch and into the box and switching the play between them regularly. Solly for all his strengths doesn't have the pace, the forward thrust or the finishing bless him to be able to pull that off. Chicksen moreso but it's still tough on them. More likely we'd end up with an unbalanced backline. The two who sit need to be able to create as much as they break up play and so have to be extremely mobile which Crofts can't do. Matic this season has six assists for Chelsea doing that job and he has to do so much work being in front of the defence but also supporting the attack. Holmes might suit that wide forward role but it requires really clever movement, link up with the wing backs and interplay that I don't think Byrne would be suited to. Add to that Magennis not being the most mobile striker it would all end up being very separated out rather than fluid. The top three would get cut off and the midfield would be overrun. We'd probably be much better off with Byrne as the right WB, but then you've got to drop Solly. Lovely Solly. We just don't have the players for that formation to work well
  • Options

Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Teixeira
    Byrne Magennis Holmes

For instance?

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Magennis

Rudd
    Crofts Konsa
    Magennis

Don't think that part would work really. that 3-4-3 formation requires everyone be incredibly well drilled and requires some serious ability on the part of the players involved. The wing backs have to be tactically aware, capable of getting up and down the pitch and into the box and switching the play between them regularly. Solly for all his strengths doesn't have the pace, the forward thrust or the finishing bless him to be able to pull that off. Chicksen moreso but it's still tough on them. More likely we'd end up with an unbalanced backline. The two who sit need to be able to create as much as they break up play and so have to be extremely mobile which Crofts can't do. Matic this season has six assists for Chelsea doing that job and he has to do so much work being in front of the defence but also supporting the attack. Holmes might suit that wide forward role but it requires really clever movement, link up with the wing backs and interplay that I don't think Byrne would be suited to. Add to that Magennis not being the most mobile striker it would all end up being very separated out rather than fluid. The top three would get cut off and the midfield would be overrun. We'd probably be much better off with Byrne as the right WB, but then you've got to drop Solly. Lovely Solly. We just don't have the players for that formation to work well
    Or, to put it more succinctly, "We're shit, and we know we are".
  • Options
    Only a complete idiot would fail to play him when fit, strangely enough I have heard about one in Belgium.
  • Options

I don't think Bauer was that brilliant last season, wasn't he sent off twice in 5 months?

He looked good though in comparison with all the other players we signed that summer! Being alongside Sarr would make anyone look good...
  • Options

I think Jorge would love to join us in St Truiden and catch up with his old Standard Liege mates:

He's got a real affection for Standard. I remember around this time last year he was live tweeting their cup final. Was apparently a cult hero there as well.