Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• My reaction...

F U C K O F F

What he said.
  • And I was hoping the reaction was anaphylactic
  • I don't actually think our squad is that good. Who would you have as Championship starters. Possibly Solly, Tex although our defence is leaky maybe Josh.

Everyone else is bang average for L1 which is why we're 13th.
  • " I don’t really recall them having chances other than the ones they scored"

Rudd had to pull off to very good saves. One from an unmarked header after a set piece from our left, another a shot from just outside the box down to his right.

KR must've missed those two very guilt edge chances
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't actually think our squad is that good. Who would you have as Championship starters. Possibly Solly, Tex although our defence is leaky maybe Josh.

Everyone else is bang average for L1 which is why we're 13th.

I'm not sure Josh is Championship material. He's a grafter, no doubt, but you need to be more clinical against many of the Championship teams. I think he would struggle.
    You could be right.

When Powell took over we finished 13th and that was imo the worst side I've seen. Will this side be able to beat that?
  • Nail on head, Airman.
  • edited February 2017
    Karl, 2 words - Bore Off.
  • A back office who clearly knew what they were doing.

With the incompetents we've got now, we'll be floating around mid-table or worse for as long as they're here.
  • Karl, 2 words - Bore Off.

What he said....
  • Hes fighting within himself now.

Towing the protocol line saying, how he was backed in the window and the squad is good enough is fighting against, I'm sure, a realisation that we are way off the mark.

I suppose a man's got to do what he can to earn a copper coin.

The sound bites wore thin with me early on..

And knowing Duchatelet, the cogs have probably gone up a gear this week.
  • "13th isn't good enough." You can blame Slade for some of that but neither is three wins from 16 Karl.
  • He can't say otherwise can he? You have to wait for the autobiography for the truth. We aren't idiots - like Meire and Roland - we can see for ourselves!
  • Sponsored links:

• “The chances we missed in the first half were criminal. I don’t really recall them having chances other than the ones they scored."

Well, at the match I was at Rochdale had one kicked off the line, one kept out by a great save by Rudd and later on they hit the bar.

If the BBC website is to be believed, you have a more accurate recall than Robinson. According to their stats, thanks to the fact Rochdale had more possession than us, they had seventeen shots, of which eight were on target.

So that's seventeen chances; fourteen more than they scored. Or, one each.
  • edited February 2017

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

And when it no longer matters, when the play offs are out of sight we will go on a little run.

And all will be well, the future will be bright and we'll be told to renew our season tickets, get behind the team and wait to see how wonderful the rebuilt squad will be in August.

And some will buy the lies again, just like before.

That is how Powell began tbf
    Even if Robinson equals Powell, Meire doesn't equal Varney. There was a huge back office effort to build that promotion squad. It wasn't just the manager.
    I do hope the forthcoming Belgium protests focus on Meire's incompetence and the absolute unacceptability of a club like Charlton to be in League One without making uncompromising efforts to get out of it. CARD have had their uses so far - this season, contrary to popular opinion, has been much more competently-run than the three previous, perhaps in part due to visible dissent - but the pressure group has to focus its efforts on the areas that can be altered without potentially catastrophic fallout (such as RD selling to an even worse owner, which is imo distinctly possible). A proper CEO who understands what we need in a squad-building sense would be the single biggest step in the right direction.
    Well said Sue.
    What's your plan - insult the locals with your appalling cod-Walloon in Sint-Truiden?
  • The pies in the Rochdale boardroom not to your liking today Sue?
  • The pies in the Rochdale boardroom not to your liking today Sue?

The Buddy Holly song just poped in to my head "My Piggy Sue"
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

And when it no longer matters, when the play offs are out of sight we will go on a little run.

And all will be well, the future will be bright and we'll be told to renew our season tickets, get behind the team and wait to see how wonderful the rebuilt squad will be in August.

Even if Robinson equals Powell, Meire doesn't equal Varney. There was a huge back office effort to build that promotion squad. It wasn't just the manager.
    I do hope the forthcoming Belgium protests focus on Meire's incompetence and the absolute unacceptability of a club like Charlton to be in League One without making uncompromising efforts to get out of it. CARD have had their uses so far - this season, contrary to popular opinion, has been much more competently-run than the three previous, perhaps in part due to visible dissent - but the pressure group has to focus its efforts on the areas that can be altered without potentially catastrophic fallout (such as RD selling to an even worse owner, which is imo distinctly possible). A proper CEO who understands what we need in a squad-building sense would be the single biggest step in the right direction.
    Well said Sue.
    What's your plan - smash up a few cafes in Sint-Truiden?
    Don't be so pathetic.

Why makes up slurs about smashing up anything when you know CARD have never advocated or been involved in any such action.

You backed the wrong horse, you lost, admit it.
    Why compare me to insipid arselicker Sue Parkes when I'm offering guarded praise of CARD and attempting to bridge the two 'sides' with constructive dialogue? Oh look, and my admittedly lazy swipe has its own flag now. How cute!
  • Oh, better still, it's a Henry Irving flag! The best flag
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Well said Sue.
    What's your plan - smash up a few cafes in Sint-Truiden?
    Don't be so pathetic.

Why makes up slurs about smashing up anything when you know CARD have never advocated or been involved in any such action.

You backed the wrong horse, you lost, admit it.
    Why compare me to insipid arselicker Sue Parkes when I'm offering guarded praise of CARD and attempting to bridge the two 'sides' with constructive dialogue? Oh look, and my admittedly lazy swipe has its own flag now. How cute!
    Because you suggested that CARD were planning criminal activity.

Others compared your confused apologist view to those of another well known apologist.

Fair or unfair that is nothing like suggesting peaceful protestors are planing physical violence.
  • Three flags now! And all for a non-profane, fairly light-hearted rejoinder to an insult! Thin skins everywhere