Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton - Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Sums up where the club is right now. "Almost" scoring a wonder goal is enough to warrant a fanfare from the club.

I remember the days when we actually scored wonder goals.

You had to be there to see it though
  • RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.

Someone said that on the slow mo you can see that Magennis headed the ball out of his hands for the first goal. If so, just bad luck.

Rudd was definitely impeded by his own player, not sure who, unfortunately the ball rebounded to a Rochdaler .. we must start quicker, twice in a week we conceded in the first few minutes .. Rochdale were all over us for the first twenty at least, especially dangerous with crosses ..
    someone posted that Rochdale as a side lacked height ? .. I thought that they were one of the tallest teams we have faced this season .. Andrew, Canavan and Kitching are all well over 6' and I would wager that 3 or 4 others were around the six foot mark .. they gave us a lot of problems in the air at both ends .. more credit to the accuracy of our set pieces that Tex was able to score with two headers
    Could it be that you were sitting at pitch level @Lincsaddick ? Even I would have looked 6ft tall from there :wink: .

I saw you getting refreshments at half time but was in conversation with another couple of lads. I would have come to say hello but you'd disappeared.
    lol .. but you are 6'5" ((:>) .. you know me, I went to wiki the bible for the ignorant and checked a few stats .. Rochdale has some tall players believe me .. and as for 1/2 time, I was trying to carry three scalding paper cups of coffee with bare hands .. speed was of the essence, I haven't moved so fast for ages.. was a good day out, even some normally grumpy Addicks seemed to be in jovial moods .. see you at Shrewsbury ? or the Valley for the Scunny game ? .. whatever .. Come on youse Addicksaaaaa !!!
    I used to be 6'3" but disappointingly I am now 6'2". Something to do with 'cameraman's back' :-(
  • KHA said:

Spanish said:

Not quite sure why we looked so shaky at the back today. Too often it appeared Dale had an extra man in midfield.

If you play 442, then when you lose possession the middle four are all expected to retreat to form a line in front of the back four. With 4231 it's a bit more flexible and you are dependent on the '2' being in defensive position and at least two of the '3' also getting behind the ball. I thought our problem at Rochdale was that one of our '2' (JFC) is not particularly strong defensively and the two wingers, although generally working hard, weren't required to be sufficiently disciplined defensively. As a result we were exposed at the back. I could be wrong here, but that was my take on it.
    Crofts also failed to get a grip on the midfield. He went to sleep for their third goal.
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.

Someone said that on the slow mo you can see that Magennis headed the ball out of his hands for the first goal. If so, just bad luck.

Rudd was definitely impeded by his own player, not sure who, unfortunately the ball rebounded to a Rochdaler .. we must start quicker, twice in a week we conceded in the first few minutes .. Rochdale were all over us for the first twenty at least, especially dangerous with crosses ..
    someone posted that Rochdale as a side lacked height ? .. I thought that they were one of the tallest teams we have faced this season .. Andrew, Canavan and Kitching are all well over 6' and I would wager that 3 or 4 others were around the six foot mark .. they gave us a lot of problems in the air at both ends .. more credit to the accuracy of our set pieces that Tex was able to score with two headers
    Could it be that you were sitting at pitch level @Lincsaddick ? Even I would have looked 6ft tall from there :wink: .

I saw you getting refreshments at half time but was in conversation with another couple of lads. I would have come to say hello but you'd disappeared.
    lol .. but you are 6'5" ((:>) .. you know me, I went to wiki the bible for the ignorant and checked a few stats .. Rochdale has some tall players believe me .. and as for 1/2 time, I was trying to carry three scalding paper cups of coffee with bare hands .. speed was of the essence, I haven't moved so fast for ages.. was a good day out, even some normally grumpy Addicks seemed to be in jovial moods .. see you at Shrewsbury ? or the Valley for the Scunny game ? .. whatever .. Come on youse Addicksaaaaa !!!
    I used to be 6'3" but disappointingly I am now 6'2". Something to do with 'cameraman's back' :-(
    so long as you aint got the Quasimodo hump you'll be OK ((:>)
  • masicat said:

Let's hope the Medvidi run doesn't become his 'Watt by the corner flag' moment.

Didi has us all on our feet only to hold our heads when their keeper made a decent save although the shot was pretty well straight at him ..
    I preferred F-Caskey's slalom run @ Bolton .. not quite as spectacular BUT it resulted in a goal .. and Holmes regularly makes a lot of very tricky runs ...
    my favourite 'power run' of the season so far was Magennis at Walsall .. he controlled the ball out wide on the right, hammered past a couple of defenders and laid on a sitter for Ajose .. we need a LOT more of that a s a p ((:>) .. what was pleasing on Saturday was the number of players we regularly got into their box .. they defended well
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

I think it's more that the discs have worn out.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

I think it's more that the discs have worn out.
    all us geezers of a 'certain age' have similar problems I should think .. Pilates and Yoga as well as a regular stretching regime and massage/chiropractic are gonna help (don't send me the bill though) .. if you survive that, you'll live 'til you're 100 ((:<) .. otherwise I know a good 'back doctor' in Hull
  • @Lincsaddick
    Have had osteopath for years and has proved very helpful. But discs can't be repaired unfortunately.
    I do ok though. Still do a lot of cycling.
    Still kick a ball about, and play tennis.
    Feel about 25 on a good day!
    (But about 70 on a bad one)

Now, about the Rochdale match...
  • Leuth said:

Sums up where the club is right now. "Almost" scoring a wonder goal is enough to warrant a fanfare from the club.

I remember the days when we actually scored wonder goals.

Holmes against Shrewsbury?
    Kashi v Peterborough....(that was a proper wonder goal).
  • edited February 2017
    Wonder goals are great but the rubbish goals count the same. They certainly count more than wonder misses!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

@Lincsaddick
    Have had osteopath for years and has proved very helpful. But discs can't be repaired unfortunately.
    I do ok though. Still do a lot of cycling.
    Still kick a ball about, and play tennis.
    Feel about 25 on a good day!
    (But about 70 on a bad one)

Now, about the Rochdale match...

These 25 that you feel on a good day, can you pass on their names and numbers?