Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    He popped to Boots and bought a new toothbrush halfway through and all
  • Options

Am I the only one who is finding it highly amusing that everytime someone posts about the Mavididi run an extra player is beaten? Started with and we are now up to 7

Exactly. I counted 12
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

God sake a poster says he doesn't post much on here but gives his match report and the two replies are picking up on typing and grammar. Naff.

'Twas a jest but obviously not seen as such.
  • Options

Was at the game... As well as Solly played, thought he struggled with the armband yesterday. One thing that has suffocated the team all season, and it was evident in the first half, was the team's ability to panic and yesterday there was little to no leadership on the pitch to help calm a few heads. Second half we battled a lot better, so I'm giving KR the credit for that.

Is there a character in the squad other than JJ or Solly that would make a better captain? Controversial, but maybe they shouldn't automatically get it because they're Charlton T-A-T.

He's more vocal now, but not really Captain material. Pearce or maybe even Crofts would be better

Funnily, I can see Morgan Fox being a future Captain in the future (somewhere), as he seems more the type than Solly
  • Options

T

whether KR should or shouldn't go isn't worth debating. KM persuaded Roland to go British with Slade and then when that didn't work out and he wanted to jettison Congo Chris in she once again persuaded him to go British again with Robinson. It won't happen again. He's itching to get O'Loughlin in. It won't be long.

I'm long past worried, bring it on.
    enjoy the game ? ... Dover for the p/offs, N Ferriby back to the Northern Division ? ... you should go back Tuesday .. Nth Ferriby host the MIGHTY Lincoln (Giantkillers) City ((:>)
    Dover strolled the second half, I reckon North Ferriby will drop.

Whilst small, a very pleasant village. What is it with the 'Save North Ferriby' placards?
    the same family, the Allams, who own Hull City (and are trying to sell cos of the 'Tigers' issue) own, or did until recently (can't recall exactly) Nth Ferriby .. I recall that daddy Allam bought the club for his daughter and/or son in law as a present .. a lot of money was pumped in hence the rapid rise thru the leagues .. the family has lost interest, withdrawn funding, Nth Ferr is now skint with a lot of overheads and debts and there is not a white knight in sight .. same old story, one benefactor gets the hump, quits and a club goes to rack n ruin
  • Options
    was good yesterday to be in seating parallel to the pitch, the view was excellent and I was sat right on the 1/2 way line, very close to the play and not stuck behind a goal or in some distant corner of a crumbling stand .. thanks Rochdale .. ((:>)
  • Options

why is everyone typing in bold all of a sudden?

They're not. It's a post match thread where people's actually feedback from the game gets buried in general stuff which people should really be posting in other threads.

So I edit people who were there's comments in bold so it's easier for others who just want to flick through and read post match views on a post match thread
    Oh okay, that makes sense, I thought there was some kind of battle of the wills going on to make posts stand out more for more likes
  • Options
    That's how i felt at Wimbledon

Not
  • Options

Not

In response to Lincs
  • Options

Not

In response to Lincs
    wasn't there .. chatting to some Addicks y'day , they said that the pitch was a mess .. was it the same for the seating ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not

In response to Lincs
    wasn't there .. chatting to some Addicks y'day , they said that the pitch was a mess .. was it the same for the seating ?
    There wasn't any seating at Wimbledon and the view was terrible
  • Options

Not

In response to Lincs
    There wasn't any seating at Wimbledon and the view was terrible
    other than that, you had a great time ((:>) (at least we got a point)
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Am I the only one who is finding it highly amusing that everytime someone posts about the Mavididi run an extra player is beaten? Started with and we are now up to 7

Exactly. I counted 12
    I'm on record as having posted 'about five' and I'll stick but more to the point in years to come when this kid is the dogs on the best stage in the world at least I was there to see it as were you mate :wink: .
  • Options
    6 players
  • Options
    Fantastic run, skill and incredible pace and power.

If you really, really were harsh and critical, you could say he should've scored/took the shot with his left foot. Or, slowed himself down, checked onto his right and scored.

Doesn't matter now as we scored from the resulting corner, but that was brilliant from Mavididi.
  • Options
    such a shame he couldn't finish it off, rather than hitting straight at the keeper. what a goal that could of been.
  • Options
    I never thought I would see run like George Weah on a shitty afternoon in Rochdale and he beat a player on a few occasions as well. Don't want to get too excited though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton fans again getting to see the premier league stars of the future.

Bonus. He´s not even ours.
  • Options
    I'll get excited when he starts scoring for us!
  • Options
    I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.

Even good keepers make mistakes but Rudd is certainly one of the best keepers in league one that's for sure
  • Options
    Goal of the season if that goes in.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    addick05 said:

Definitely at fault for the first and could have done better with the second ie I thought he could have punched it clear.

Mind you Page got caught underneath the ball & the Rochdale striker out jumped both Page & Rudd.

I've no complaints with Rudd as he's hardly made a costly error all season.

Once again, Mr Fox senior may be entitled to a wry smile, as we've had a problem every game at left back since Morgan left.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JamesSeed said:

Charlton fans again getting to see the premier league stars of the future.

Bonus. He´s not even ours.
    Can't get disappointed when he goes to the premier league that way.

Thanks Katrien so kind to think of our feelings.
  • Options
    At least those who made the trip to Rochdale will have seen him play for Charlton....
  • Options

At least those who made the trip to Rochdale will have seen him play for Charlton....

And we were there when we nearly got that goal of the season