Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

If this was at the Valley at least there would be the potential for dancing afterwards, those that travelled up must be gutted they can't cheer their souls with some salsa

No salsa, but enjoyed some pretty decent sushi in Manchester Piccadilly station while waiting for the train.
  • Options

Arsenal boy looked a bit special, especially the run that led to the second goal. Teixeira should have started. Very shaky at the back early on

Robinson went for the win with his subs, but Magennis on the wing to accommodate Novak? Really?

Magennis used to be a winger/wide mam
    He used to be a goalkeeper!

Konsa's injury saved us ... from the start he just could not cope with Andrew (a k a Zorro) and Thompson, the dangerous, quick and terrific in the air Rochdale strikers ..

I'll get my whinge out the way first .. I have seen Konsa play central defender several times this season, each time he has looked dodgy at best .. at Oldham he was terrible and yet Robinson STILL keeps him in with Tex on the bench .. Tex comes on we are tighter at the back, though still not that clever and he scores twice .. game set and match, q e d ..
    Karl me ol mucka ... KONSA COULD BECOME A VERY GOOD MIDFIELDER OR FULL BACK .. HE IS NOT A CENTRAL DEFENDER

THE GAME .. was one of the best I have seen this season and a terrific show from both teams, end to end, skilful, committed and generally devoid of malice or bad foul play ...
    we were under the cosh from the start .. Dale are a terrific clever team, big yet mobile and they shook us up, scored early and hit the post, .. credit to our team, we came back at them especially in the second half .. had some fortune with our equaliser, Botaka (bless him) did his best to miss it but put it away at the second attempt .. we got better as the game went on and Dale ran out of steam a bit but on the break we conceded twice, go figure as 'they' say in America
    F - Caskey got better & better, Page was excellent, Botaka had his best game, Didi nearly scored the goal of the season, Solly was Solly ... Magennis was his usual hard working self, but Josh me ol darling f f s learn the offside law ... Crofts was steady, Bauer and Tex at the back were good though they lack a bit of pace as a partnership .. and Ricky Holmes scared the life out of the Dale defenders every time he ran at them ..

Rudd made a game saving save from Zorro a k a Calvin Andrew (he was wearing a 'mask' as injury protection) and was generally efficient .. Watt tried hard but was well held, (keep up the good work Tony, it'll come good soon) .. Novak did little in the short time he was on .. pity we only took the one .. BUT I for one have not given up hope of a play off spot ..
    IF IF IF we can keep this kind of performance going, no doubt, we will be there or thereabouts ..
    congrats also to Rochdale, nice little club, decent old fashioned ground, very good team but how they keep going on crowds of well under 3,000, god alone knows

Seems no matter who is in c/d tex bauer Konsa or any combination of them, goals are still going in and 2 today after Konsa went off. I am more concerned that we are still playing 2 supposed strikers that have scored the grand total of 3 goals in 41 games between them
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Just a quick question, I have the memory of a sieve. We have finished in a worse position every season under this bunch of pricks right?

Not quite.
    Championsship 18th in 13-14 (Riga kept us up).
    Championship 12th in 14-15 (Meire referred to this an 'easy' season)
    Championship 22nd in 15-16 (judge us on results this season)
    League One -My guess is 14th this year
    We haven't been in play-off contention since Duchebag arrived.
  • Options

why is everyone typing in bold all of a sudden?

Get off CL and enjoy your 30th birthday for heaven's sake, while there's still hope
  • Options

the mods are highlighting posts from those who were at the game(s)
  • Options
    smurfd said:

Arsenal boy looked a bit special, especially the run that led to the second goal. Teixeira should have started. Very shaky at the back early on

Robinson went for the win with his subs, but Magennis on the wing to accommodate Novak? Really?

Konsa's injury saved us ... from the start he just could not cope with Andrew (a k a Zorro) and Thompson, the dangerous, quick and terrific in the air Rochdale strikers ..

I'll get my whinge out the way first .. I have seen Konsa play central defender several times this season, each time he has looked dodgy at best .. at Oldham he was terrible and yet Robinson STILL keeps him in with Tex on the bench .. Tex comes on we are tighter at the back, though still not that clever and he scores twice .. game set and match, q e d ..
    Karl me ol mucka ... KONSA COULD BECOME A VERY GOOD MIDFIELDER OR FULL BACK .. HE IS NOT A CENTRAL DEFENDER

THE GAME .. was one of the best I have seen this season and a terrific show from both teams, end to end, skilful, committed and generally devoid of malice or bad foul play ...
    we were under the cosh from the start .. Dale are a terrific clever team, big yet mobile and they shook us up, scored early and hit the post, .. credit to our team, we came back at them especially in the second half .. had some fortune with our equaliser, Botaka (bless him) did his best to miss it but put it away at the second attempt .. we got better as the game went on and Dale ran out of steam a bit but on the break we conceded twice, go figure as 'they' say in America
    F - Caskey got better & better, Page was excellent, Botaka had his best game, Didi nearly scored the goal of the season, Solly was Solly ... Magennis was his usual hard working self, but Josh me ol darling f f s learn the offside law ... Crofts was steady, Bauer and Tex at the back were good though they lack a bit of pace as a partnership .. and Ricky Holmes scared the life out of the Dale defenders every time he ran at them ..

Rudd made a game saving save from Zorro a k a Calvin Andrew (he was wearing a 'mask' as injury protection) and was generally efficient .. Watt tried hard but was well held, (keep up the good work Tony, it'll come good soon) .. Novak did little in the short time he was on .. pity we only took the one .. BUT I for one have not given up hope of a play off spot ..
    IF IF IF we can keep this kind of performance going, no doubt, we will be there or thereabouts ..
    congrats also to Rochdale, nice little club, decent old fashioned ground, very good team but how they keep going on crowds of well under 3,000, god alone knows

Seems no matter who is in c/d tex bauer Konsa or any combination of them, goals are still going in and 2 today after Konsa went off. I am more concerned that we are still playing 2 supposed strikers that have scored the grand total of 3 goals in 41 games between them
    smurfd said:

good point .. I am old school, if the back is tight and secure then one goal per game could well mean three points ..
    even so, it is so nice to see your team hammering in a few ..
    Magennis just MUST start scoring soon .. he's missed more chances than a blind millionaire in a brothel .. and just as we start to play well (I pray it continues) and could do with carrying Ajose as a bit of a passenger, we have let him go (not WE, rather 'the powers that be)
  • Options
    whether KR should or shouldn't go isn't worth debating. KM persuaded Roland to go British with Slade and then when that didn't work out and he wanted to jettison Congo Chris in she once again persuaded him to go British again with Robinson. It won't happen again. He's itching to get O'Loughlin in. It won't be long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

GOOD IDEA
  • Options

whether KR should or shouldn't go isn't worth debating. KM persuaded Roland to go British with Slade and then when that didn't work out and he wanted to jettison Congo Chris in she once again persuaded him to go British again with Robinson. It won't happen again. He's itching to get O'Loughlin in. It won't be long.

Poor Congo Chris - he must already be dreading his 15 games in the ejector seat!
  • Options
    Was given free train tickets for this by a spammer mate. After Tuesday's defeat decided to spend the day studying rather than going up to Rochdale.

Sounded a good match for a neutral. Konsa shouldn't be starting at CB in matches.

Pearce is a huge miss for us.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Just a quick question, I have the memory of a sieve. We have finished in a worse position every season under this bunch of pricks right?

No!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

T

I'm long past worried, bring it on.
  • Options

GOOD IDEA
    I was there!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Our support today was freakin awesome.

We still need a central midfielder (or 2) who can pass with better consistency.

Stephy was different gravy. Left 4 or 5 for dead, didn't have enough left in the resulting shot. Would have been goal of season.

Watt should not be starting.

Konsa going off was a blessing in disguise - I don't see the hype KR gives him.

KR has not yet fixed the mentality of the players. We gave them the freedom of the park for their 3rd goal. However, I'm more in favour of Robinson than Slide.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

T

I'm long past worried, bring it on.
    enjoy the game ? ... Dover for the p/offs, N Ferriby back to the Northern Division ? ... you should go back Tuesday .. Nth Ferriby host the MIGHTY Lincoln (Giantkillers) City ((:>)
  • Options
    Just seen the goals on C5. Rudd gifts them the first goal and probably at fault for the second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen the goals on C5. Rudd gifts them the first goal and probably at fault for the second.

Not his best game but they would've been out of sight by half-time without him.
  • Options
    Think I may have inadvertently stumbled across the answer to all of our managerial/coaching problems today! Sitting a mere 4 rows in front of me was a 'Shaggy' lookalike with a ginger whispee goatee whose self-perceived encyclopaedic knowledge of football will soon surely propel him to a top managerial job somewhere!

However, prior to uptaking such a prestigious role he's really going to need to treat himself to some anger management counselling! Either that or he'll end up doing himself a serious mischief. It's only football fella, that's all.
  • Options
    Both Oldham and Rochdale matches has been watched by fewer than 3000 spectators.

That shows the vast gulf in potential resources in this division...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @RedChaser summed it up well. Tidy little ground, must admit only realised where Rochdale were in the league after the game!

Shows how we have under performed in all honesty, especially with 15 draws. Seemed that KR went 4411 to start, with Watt in the hole and trying to stifle Camps dictating the play. Steph came on and was very bright, "that" run was incredible, from our own box.

When we got it to 2-1, I thought we'd go and win comfortably, but Andrew scored a decent header, not sure about the celebration though. Their third goal was embarrassing how easy it was. Glad for Tex, as I like him, thought Ez was struggling with Andrew's power initially.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Not sure why Magennis played as a winger in the second half,mavididi made a fantastic run straight down the middle which gave us a corner which we scored from, Pleased Botaka scored after his shot came of the post, good performance from Rudd as well, Thought the Rochdale no 9(Zoro) had a good game for them.

We really do need to start winning games, doesn't help when we concede so early on.

• Options

Only positive is that we kept coming back. Fact is we havent beaten fleetwood, wimbledon or rochdale. So not feeling very positive of a play off place

More to the point, we lost to Oldham.
  • Options
    I am resigned to another season in the third division. Actually, I'm resigned to several more seasons in the third division (unless it all goes to hell in a handbasket and we go down).