Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Goldfinger vindictive?

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
I asked this question a few weeks back in another thread and never did get an answer of any significance.
Do any of our Belgian contacts(media or otherwise), have an answer to what I consider a pretty important question?
In his business dealings has he ever been unpleasant to people who get in his way.....does he play dirty.....is he stubborn and vindictive if his nose is put out of joint? Is he the type who would be willing to cut of his own nose to spite his face?
We have already seen he can be ruthless......but is he likely to dig his heels in out of sheer spite.....after all, he has been ridiculed far and wide, and at the very least he must surely have been greatly embarrassed re the Addicks over the last few years.
There are as many opinions of this man as people you will ask, but the truth of the matter is do we "really" know who we are dealing with.....I honestly think we don't know enough about Goldfinger and his underlying traits.......the answers to my questions lay in Sint Truedin (not in Pussy Galores sound bites in SE7), we should be trying to find out more about what in the way of unpleasantness he might be prepared to go to on a personal level.....leaving his business acumen aside that is.

Comments

• Options
    No. Just mad as a box of frogs.
  • Options
    Goldfinger = Roland right?
  • Options
    Brownfinger more like
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

Errrr....yes Trev, and Pussy Galore is KM.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Errrr....yes Trev, and Pussy Galore is KM.
    KR = OddJob ?
  • Options
    Ross said:

I'd say he looks more like Blofeld in Spectre

Also Blofeld's line in Spectre about being a visionary was uncannily like one of Roland's utterances
  • Options
    Ross said:

I'd say he looks more like Blofeld in Spectre

Is that Phil Neville's real dad?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Vindictive?

Nah, he's just a Belgian !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goldmember surely.
  • Options
    Why are we calling Roland "Goldfinger" now?
  • Options
    Ian the Philip neville's dad called Neville?
  • Options

Brownfinger more like

Isn't that KM after a meeting with the rat? I always thought she was a bit of an oddjob
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    se9addick said:

You can call him what you like mate.....I (as far as I know), am the only person who calls him Goldfinger and KM Pussy Galore.
    As a matter of interest, do you know who these two Ian Fleming fictional characters are Se9?
    I'm kind of thinking you don't, otherwise I doubt you wouldn't have asked that question?
  • Options
    He doesn't look at all like Auric Goldfinger though does he?

Auric Goldfinger was, in the books and in the film, a fat sunburned man.

Pussy Galore in the film was subject to the Connery 'as long ash the collarsh and cuffsh match.' line.

I would agree that Duchatelet is more Blofeld than Goldfinger.

• Options
    Goldfinger was employed by the Chinese (while working for his own ends), whereas RD says you wouldn't want Chinese owners because they don't understand the way we do things.
  • Options
    Eh? Goldfinger wasn't employed by the Chinese. He was employed by the Russians.
  • Options

Eh? Goldfinger wasn't employed by the Chinese. He was employed by the Russians.

In the book (1959), he is suspected of being connected to SMERSH (Soviet); in the film (1964), in deference to Hollywood sensibilities at the time of Cuba, he is working for the Chinese.
  • Options

se9addick said:

You can call him what you like mate.....I (as far as I know), am the only person who calls him Goldfinger and KM Pussy Galore.
    As a matter of interest, do you know who these two Ian Fleming fictional characters are Se9?
    I'm kind of thinking you don't, otherwise I doubt you wouldn't have asked that question?
    Yes I do, thanks. Still don't understand the new pet names you've conjured up, but enjoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes I do, thanks. Still don't understand the new pet names you've conjured up, but enjoy.
    Just a couple of outlandish, weirded characters from my past who were serial liars and megalomaniacs with crazy selfish beliefs. Does that not ring a bell with you?
    Christ almighty, I can't believe this bothers you, it's a pisstake se9.......does it have to be bloody accurate, there's no intention on my part of suggesting an exact analogy......they are simply two fictional larger than life unpleasant characters, one male one female, which is what we are dealing with here at the club.
    Just about everyone knew who I was referring to......so it hasn't exactly confused readers has it.
    I can however imagine some of our younger readers may not know who they are.
    I'd be much more interested to hear your opinions re my original post......which, on reflection, is way more important wouldn't you say.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Just a couple of outlandish, weirded characters from my past who were serial liars and megalomaniacs with crazy selfish beliefs. Does that not ring a bell with you?
    Christ almighty, I can't believe this bothers you, it's a pisstake se9.......does it have to be bloody accurate, there's no intention on my part of suggesting an exact analogy......they are simply two fictional larger than life unpleasant characters, one male one female, which is what we are dealing with here at the club.
    Just about everyone knew who I was referring to......so it hasn't exactly confused readers has it.
    I'd be much more interested to hear your opinions re my original post......which, on reflection, is way more important wouldn't you say.
    Thought it's was ok, maybe a 3 out of 5, however your overuse of "..." reminds me of the {...} nightmare that I have spent a year trying to forget.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Thought it's was ok, maybe a 3 out of 5, however your overuse of "..." reminds me of the {...} nightmare that I have spent a year trying to forget.
    Ok mate....all is forgiven