Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who's heading up to Rochdale. And if so, why?

Just seven miles north of Oldham, I can't really see us having any joy whatsoever at Rochdale. I'm only going because the children have relocated to the north west and it's something to do. If anyone went on Tuesday evening and is making a second journey up there within the space of four days then I am impressed. Can't see more that 200-300 hundred there though.

Comments

• Options
    Me

Cos I work there
  • Options
    One of the best thread titles for a while. "Why would you do that to yourself?" it seems to imply.

Also,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-UkuUZAJzs&list=RDC-UkuUZAJzs
  • Options
    One or t'other in my case. Oldham were the lucky recipients of my money and pain...
  • Options
    North Ferriby v Dover for me.

I had this booked ages ago when we were due to be at home.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Me

Badge means a lot to me. I'll be here when they've gone.
  • Options
    Fair play to you clb74.Lets hope you all get the result you want.3pts and it's still game on.COYR
  • Options
    Me and a few mates that all live around Manchester. It's the other way around for us the home games involve 400 mile round trips every other week!
  • Options
    me .. been staying in Manchester since the Oldham game .. having a good time so far, it's an interesting place
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a completely empty away end then! New ground for me also - not sure I will be so keen next season if RD is still here.
  • Options
    Me - new ground and fancy a bit of a jolly with the lads. No expectation in terms of the result ...........
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the Swiss bloke who was at afc flew back Monday and is flying over for Saturday's game
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Forgot to mention the Swiss bloke who was at afc flew back Monday and is flying over for Saturday's game

Swiss Family Robinson ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SwissAddick, top fella.
  • Options
    I lost a good friend who loved the Dale, so yes 2 more here.
  • Options

clb74 said:

SwissAddick, top fella.
    That's the fella, owes me a beer.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

SwissAddick, top fella.
    That's the fella, owes me a beer.
    So do a few others!
  • Options
    Good luck to all the travellers.

Three points will do nicely

Up the Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

JamesSeed said:

Me. The family are away for a few days, and I enjoy a train ride. (Train from Euston).
    It's my first away match outside of London, and my first on my tod. Grandad would think I'm bonkers (although he might have got me a free train ride).
    Expecting to see the team battered, which other teams have realised is the way to beat us.

But you never know....

I love the fact that the grandson of the manager who (amongst many notable achievements) won the FA cup for Charlton has become a regular poster on here and talks so much sense. I also love that you are trekking up to Rochdale on your own-even in the current circumstances, you have truly caught the bug! Please keep up the good work @JamesSeed !
    I feel slightly guilty.

Maybe me and @SE7toSG3 should have warned him about the side effects of being addickted
  • Options

me .. been staying in Manchester since the Oldham game .. having a good time so far, it's an interesting place

I had considered that option, but decided against it in the end. If it had been in April or September, it would have been a good opportunity to stay in the Peak District as well
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I spoke to him and his girlfriend at Wimbledon and he comes over to England 6 or 7 times a season to watch Charlton.
    Now that is a propper Charlton fan
  • Options

clb74 said:

I spoke to him and his girlfriend at Wimbledon and he comes over to England 6 or 7 times a season to watch Charlton.
    Proper nutter more like.only joking if your reading Swiss.
    Had a chat with your mate who comes over from Ireland as well last saturday
  • Options
    Yes, going solo. Third time lucky by train hopefully, I had the postponements then I was backpacking for the 3-2. So it's a new tick for me and enough of a tip that no mates want to return.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Proper nutter more like.only joking if your reading Swiss.
    Had a chat with your mate who comes over from Ireland as well last saturday
    I've got mates from all over the world Chris including a short one from Bromley who likes to buy me a whisky with your money :smile:
  • Options
    Anyone else on the 1000 from Euston?
  • Options

clb74 said:

You seemed to be speaking more to his girlfriend
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Anyone else on the 1000 from Euston?

Flipping joking my mates want to be in the pub by then.
  • Options

clb74 said:

You seemed to be speaking more to his girlfriend
    That's because she is better looking than you ,Elfsborg and clb74