Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting. A top 6 budget, high in the list of attendances (won't spoil it for others) and we still lose at effing Oldham!
  • Options
    How far will that average attendance drop by the end of the season, when people realise that we are achieving Roland's aim of League 1, mid-table mediocrity?
    And how much further will it drop next season after another uninspiring Summer transfer window?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Interesting that we're top 4 in attendance - even with boycotters, and also top 4 in terms of budget - yet we're 13th in the league....something not quite right there, is there?.

Also interesting to see MKDons has higher average than the Spanners.
  • Options
    There you go. Top six budget.
  • Options
    I was surprised that Millwall's average was as high as that. I wonder if they've included that 7k attendance from the other night?
    Pretty poor considering how well they are doing. Little club!
  • Options
    Bit stupid the way they do attendances though... Surely it should be based on how full you get your Ground?

e.g. Wimbledon only have a capacity of 4,850 yet get attendances of 4,468... Surely that means they should be higher in the above link because they're selling out pretty much every time, i.e. its not like they can suddenly build a better ground to move up the rankings.
  • Options

How far will that average attendance drop by the end of the season, when people realise that we are achieving Roland's aim of League 1, mid-table mediocrity?
    And how much further will it drop next season after another uninspiring Summer transfer window?

And any assets of any value sold.
  • Options
    Couldn't find the table - I despise those websites that are full of ads and clickbait and it causes havoc on my laptop with all the attempted security breaches.

No surprise we are near the top of budget and gates. We all know we are underperforming on the pitch.

This season is a write-off I think. Give Robbo a full pre season - get our business done early in the window for once and have a proper run at it next season. No excuses. No sackings. We'll never achieve anything with constant change so for christs sake give us some stability.
  • Options
    It's going to be difficult to shift players such as; Igor, Kashi, Sarr, Ajose, Tex, Cellabos, Watt and Novak without having to offer incentives to them or other clubs to leave.

Can't do anything before getting these players to leave.

• Options

It's going to be difficult to shift players such as; Igor, Kashi, Sarr, Ajose, Tex, Cellabos, Watt and Novak without having to offer incentives to them or other clubs to leave.

They've said they have learnt from their unspecified mistakes so we have to ignore the fact that the mistakes are still with us according to simple red.

Btw I don't think all the players themselves were mistakes but the way they have been managed and the contracts offered have been.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They've said they have learnt from their unspecified mistakes so we have to ignore the fact that the mistakes are still with us according to simple red.

Btw I don't think all the players themselves were mistakes but the way they have been managed and the contracts offered have been.
    My point was more towards our strategy for next season.

It will be difficult to get our business done first without getting rid of the players above.

Very different to Powell when the big earners Racon, Semedo and Youga were all out of contract.
  • Options

It will be difficult to get our business done first without getting rid of the players above.

Very different to Powell when the big earners Racon, Semedo and Youga were all out of contract.
    Oh, I agree. it shackles whoever the manager is in the summer when you're playing £12k to tex and around £8k to two others
  • Options

Oh, I agree. it shackles whoever the manager is in the summer when you're playing £12k to tex and around £8k to two others
    At least Tex is getting a run out, as is Watt. Can't they get Kadhi back?

Typical that we'd just realised how important Pearce is, when he gets himself injured.
  • Options

Attendances I thought have been even more a work of fiction (than normal) this season, what with the inclusion of freebies, Greenwich Uni dumping etc to massage it

Our attendances this season have been dire (though still not as dire as I would have hoped for)

The official attendance figures given out this season are more Crackanory, than Jackanory. The last home game around 7,000 in a Sparse looking Valley.

Figure given out to the media. Just under 10,000

Best bit of fiction I've have seen since the Sunday Sport reported there was a London Bus on the moon!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Attendances I thought have been even more a work of fiction (than normal) this season, what with the inclusion of freebies, Greenwich Uni dumping etc to massage it

Our attendances this season have been dire (though still not as dire as I would have hoped for)

The official attendance figures given out this season are more Crackanory, than Jackanory. The last home game around 7,000 in a Sparse looking Valley.

Best bit of fiction I've have seen since the Sunday Sport reported there was a London Bus on the moon!
    What, you mean that wasn't true?! Darn....
  • Options
    And it was being driven by Elvis..........
  • Options

I was surprised that Millwall's average was as high as that. I wonder if they've included that 7k attendance from the other night?

That's one way to make yourself feel better :wink:
  • Options

We need to take all we can get :wink:
  • Options

You're right, it was a cheap shot at your club's expense but, the way things are going, it won't be too long before we will be worse off than you and I will no longer be able to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This current lot are trading off our history, and every day our achievements become more and more historical.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

You mean there isn't?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Without meaning to sound disrespectful to the smaller clubs in the division - going through that list it really hit home as to how low we have sunk that we are actually 15 points behind a team that can't even get 3,000 people through the door at Fleetwood.

But they have a board who have a plan and know what they are doing.
  • Options
    Stig said:

A more reasonable way of ranking these would be to present attendances as a percentage of capacity. This puts Charlton in a more realistic 18th place.

Screenshot 2017-02-17 07.22.15

A better way of showing recent performance though is to show the change in attendance over a fixed period. In the table below, I've chosen the no so random 2013-14 season as the benchmark. Even discounting the fictional nature or our attendances under this regime, Charlton are still bottom of the pile. This gives a far clearer picture just how badly the club is being run.

Screenshot 2017-02-17 07.53.14

Like what you've done. However should Coventry City be the model we aspire to?
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Stig said:

A more reasonable way of ranking these would be to present attendances as a percentage of capacity. This puts Charlton in a more realistic 18th place.

A better way of showing recent performance though is to show the change in attendance over a fixed period. In the table below, I've chosen the no so random 2013-14 season as the benchmark. Even discounting the fictional nature or our attendances under this regime, Charlton are still bottom of the pile. This gives a far clearer picture just how badly the club is being run.

I fully agree we shouldn't aspire to be Coventry. Their figure is very much an anomaly which is why they are the only club to get a footnote.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Stig said:

I fully agree we shouldn't aspire to be Coventry. Their figure is very much an anomaly which is why they are the only club to get a footnote.
    Not a criticism of the stats supplied....but were Coventry playing at Sixfields in the first comparitive season. If so, this would skew the stats.
  • Options
    !t would be interesting to see what the figures are if you strip out the away support.