Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kennedy on loan to Derry City

13»

Comments

• Options
    el-pietro said:

Absolutely devestating. He was a fantastic defender, and as far as I know, he worked part time in a local pub up until a couple of seasons ago. Theres a clip floating around of him sliding through Cork Citys midfield and taking out two of our players at ocne. I remember arguing with my Derry supporting friends that evening that it was a foul, they were adamant it wasn't (the ref gave a yellow). That tackle will be my outstanding memory of him.

He played a game the night before he died, and scored a goal just last week I believe.

I had read somewhere maybe on twitter that he got a head injury in the game the night before and never woke up.
  • Options
    Read something similar this afternoon. Goes to show that we don't take head collisions seriously enough. I think the autopsy was happening yesterday or today.
  • Options
    Cork City v Derry City tonight. 3-0 win for Cork City. Comfortable win. Kennedy started (I think for the first time) and didn't really impress.

The game was on tv tonight so footage should be available tomorrow on RTE player. I'm not sure if it can be watched outside of Ireland though.
  • Options
    Shame it didn't go better for hin, but I think we can all agree that the "candystripes" is a brilliant nickname.
  • Options
    Nowhere near good enough.
    We have over 30 players in our squad and we have to move a few in order to bring in others.
    He is one of the ones to go
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Nowhere near good enough.
    We have over 30 players in our squad and we have to move a few in order to bring in others.
    He is one of the ones to go

Disagree I think he's a half decent player, just needs sharpening up a bit. He and KAG are similar in that they are both close but not quite there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I also think that Kennedy is not good enough. Can see him leaving.