Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will we be when RD finally sells?

Im assuming we will continue to follow Orient's example of dwindling crowds, ridiculous managerial appointments and a descent into the National League.
I imagined naively he'd be gone by now but he's still here with the ridiculous KM at the helm and apathy is drowning the club. Players are underperforming and there's no chance of a credible managerial appointment.
Even now there are still those who believe in the regime - what drugs are they on?
We could soon be getting sub 5000 crowds at the Valley and which is one hell of an achievement....

Comments

• Options
    I will be three foot in the air
  • Options
    If it goes on like this I think I might be watching a different team/sport. Or using football time for working round the house, cycling or just pootling.
    The string that binds me is getting closer and closer to breaking.
  • Options
    Maybe when he sees the losses he has to cover for next season.
  • Options
    Where we are now - in the shit.
  • Options
    No insider knowledge but I reckon he will have sold before the end of 2017.

• Options
    iainment said:

If it goes on like this I think I might be watching a different team/sport. Or using football time for working round the house, cycling or just pootling.
    The string that binds me is getting closer and closer to breaking.

Whilst this is not true for me, I can see how it could easily be the case for others and I would not castigate them for it. Roland and Katrien's greatest "achievement" will have been to destroy a large part of our fanbase.
  • Options
    a lot of fans wont come back, life takes over and people find better things to do with there time, its like going into a pub getting bad service expensive drinks and then keep going back, people just wont do it. ive done a couple of home games this season and im sure ill do the same next year aslong as hes there, but a lot of others will just get used to staying away, very sad state of affairs, away days will always be for me a day on the piss with your mates, watching a team you love and if we win then its a nice booster if not then dont matter as had a day out.
  • Options

a lot of fans wont come back, life takes over and people find better things to do with there time, its like going into a pub getting bad service expensive drinks and then keep going back, people just wont do it. ive done a couple of home games this season and im sure ill do the same next year aslong as hes there, but a lot of others will just get used to staying away, very sad state of affairs, away days will always be for me a day on the piss with your mates, watching a team you love and if we win then its a nice booster if not then dont matter as had a day out.

Think its the general state of Football these days.

One of the only ways to get fans back at all clubs would be to charge about £5 per game entry

Ticket prices and TV games are two of the biggest reasons for the above
  • Options
    Sitting on CharltonLife
  • Options
    ticket prices i don't agree on as we have very reasonable prices that i cant slate them for, the only way for this man to get supporters back on side is to sell, you could charge a quid a game and people still wont come back i hope he chokes on a pint of leffe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the piss for about a week I reckon :smile:
  • Options

Maybe when he sees the losses he has to cover for next season.

You think that will worry him, no chance. We are his little "tax loss" in the UK to offset all the profit he makes in Europe.
  • Options
    I do think the current league plus or minus 3 places will be the bottom we hit. Unfortunately how long we stay here depends on finance. He's not going to get another lookman type fee in the next 12 months so how can he stomach another year of losses?

Two scenarios for me:

1. He goes within 12 months and we are still in league one, likely mid table
    2. He changes philosophy root and branch, appoints football people and sanctions full scale team changes to get out of this pit

So......option one then I reckon. Sadly at what cost.

The wider point about apathy in football stands too, pleased MPs made a noise about it, but all it did was further entrench the old farts in Wembley.
  • Options

I think a lot of people will get drawn to non-league, to feel a part of something again.
  • Options
    just look across the river at leyton orient
    about to drop out league 2
    another knob of a absent owner
  • Options
    National league
  • Options
    God knows when he will sell as he will never get his money back or anywhere near it.

Reckon we will be bobbing around the relegation zone next season and Relegation Roland could well see another drop in divisions and therefore see a further reduction in value.
  • Options
    Wetherspoons in Bromley South.
  • Options
    Serie A
  • Options
    Its all too depressing to consider.

My view is that clearly money isnt an issue for him- its just a toy for him and Meire - tbh i'm not even sure he really knows what is going on at CAFC Towers - just pays the bills when asked by KM,after all, he has deep pockets and a deep 'love' for Meire.

Continual selling of anybody with any sell-on value - and replacement by other clubs rejects.
    Continual slide on the football ladder - with ongoing decline in attendances.

I dont know.The only thing that might happen is when they get to a stage where they have no more assets/players to sell to try to balance the books, then RD might might start to ask some pertinent questions that cant be easily answered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Selhurst Park sharing with the BroncoEagles Women's U-23's team
  • Options
    They will be half of our first team by then.
  • Options
    Bumping along just above the relegation zone in National League with AFC Clapham Orient and Woking.
  • Options

Bumping along just above the relegation zone in National League with AFC Clapham Orient and Woking.

Quite possible, but hey we will have a lovely state of the art pitch that can withstand the frosty SE7 winter- oh