Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is that a new manager I see riding over the horizon?

I wonder if Karl's wearing his brown trousers?

Comments

• Options
    We are already a laughing stock. If KR were to go without him getting until Christmas next then I think that would do it for me.
  • Options
    I can literally not think of another manager that we could get in.

Appointing Karl was sort've scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • Options
    As most of us know by now the problem is not whoever the 'manager' is this week. Under normal ownership I honestly think Robinson would do a decent job. He inherited mediocrity and his ego probably convinced him he could turn us around. IF he is given the summer to build then I think we will be there or there abouts next season. Not good enough really but we are where we are and have no divine right to be playing at a higher level.
  • Options
    would be madness to get rid of Robinson, has to be given till at least xmas
  • Options

Kenny Jackett.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luis Enrique will be available soon...
  • Options
    Jackson
  • Options
    Wait till the visit to Belgium, then he will be the sacrificial lamb.

He will be happy to get out the madhouse with a nice pay off, Roly will think there I've shown them and Katrien well who knows what she'll think and frankly who cares.
  • Options
    when KR goes it will be Congo Chris, then Nobby Vinegar then ?
  • Options
    Congo Chris will be in before the end of the season!
  • Options

Wait till the visit to Belgium, then he will be the sacrificial lamb.

He will be happy to get out the madhouse with a nice pay off, Roly will think there I've shown them and Katrien well who knows what she'll think and frankly who cares.

This could be the case. Roland's reaction to any embarrassment in his home country will probably spell the end of Karl.
  • Options

There will always be someone.
    Always.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Congo Chris will be in before the end of the season month!

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    If Robinson goes, the next manager will almost certainly be COL and before we know it, we'll be in league 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If I remember correctly the season SCP took over part way through wasn't great and we faded away, it took the summer to get the right players in and build a squad that all pulled together.
    Like him or not we have to give KR at least the first 3 months of next season.
    But then that's what a properly run football club would do !!!!!

he took over a poor parkie team that played hoofball and smash and grab football but got results even to playoffs and tried to get them to play passing football
    wasnt going to happen
    a squad that all pulled together i slightly dissagree on
    he cherrypicked hand all the best players from league 1
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If I remember correctly the season SCP took over part way through wasn't great and we faded away, it took the summer to get the right players in and build a squad that all pulled together.

he took over a poor parkie team that played hoofball and smash and grab football but got results even to playoffs and tried to get them to play passing football
    wasnt going to happen
    Of course they pulled together. There are countless examples of teams which have brought in great players only to find they can't get it to work as a unit. Yes we brought in many of the best players in League One, but Powell still had to make them gel and work together properly. It's not easy to win a League title. It takes more than just having a bunch of decent players.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Congo Chris will be in before the end of the season!

I predict that once we are safe and there is no chance of the playoffs, then KR will be told he is surplus to requirements. Most of the close season will then be spent looking for a replacement, probably before alighting on Congo Chris, we will be grossly unprepared for the new season and the cycle will start all over again.

Remember one sign of madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.
  • Options

wasnt going to happen
    Of course they pulled together. There are countless examples of teams which have brought in great players only to find they can't get it to work as a unit. Yes we brought in many of the best players in League One, but Powell still had to make them gel and work together properly. It's not easy to win a League title. It takes more than just having a bunch of decent players.
    Coaching, motivation and developing teamwork are all things that will improve any bunch of players regardless of their individual abilities.
  • Options
    sm said:

wasnt going to happen
    Coaching, motivation and developing teamwork are all things that will improve any bunch of players regardless of their individual abilities.
    Do you want the job SM?
  • Options
    sm said:

wasnt going to happen
    Indeed, but each individual has a skill cap. Who's to say they aren't already playing at their top level?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Jackson

Liking a player doesn't make him a good manager unfortunately. He'd need to prove himself somewhere else first surely?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ready when you are!

[Edit: Aw, I just noticed where my mum wrote 'DAD' on the photo when she would have been about 4 (1928 ish)].
    It's a snap of a very small photo in a family album.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

Jackson

Liking a player doesn't make him a good manager unfortunately. He'd need to prove himself somewhere else first surely?
    Well traditional a manager should learn his trade at a lower league club.........which we are.