Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Oxley RIP - Can you help?

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Well done all - @Rob7Lee hopefully message is getting back to the family.

Superb effort and a great example of why this forum and club are very special

I'm in constant dialogue with Beccy, I don't think she can stop crying this morning............
    Good man.
  • Options
    Well done Cabbles and Rob7Lee - made my contribution....
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    seth plum said:

As far as I am concerned seeing as how Becky has sadly lost a line of support in her studies, that any extra money goes to her to help her qualification as a nurse.

I feel sad and proud at the same time this morning.

Agreed... Frustratingly I like a few others havent been able to donate because I dont get paid until next week

Hopefully the JustGiving page can be kept open so that when the target is reached, any additional money raised can go towards Becky's studies
  • Options

Slightly off topic but liked this tweet too

Beccy Oxley ‏@BeccyBoxers Jan 14

On my way to @CAFCofficial from Liverpool to us play @MillwallFC. I'm praying that my dad has a word with god & we finally beat them

Just sent a shiver down my spine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I don't like swearing on a forum, but....... fuck a duck, around 12 hours after opening the Just Giving page we've reached the £2.9k target...... I'm lost for words........... I really am.

I am asking Beccy if any surplus what Charity her dad would like.

Fucking GET IN!!
  • Options

seth plum said:

As far as I am concerned seeing as how Becky has sadly lost a line of support in her studies, that any extra money goes to her to help her qualification as a nurse.

I feel sad and proud at the same time this morning.

Agreed... Frustratingly I like a few others havent been able to donate because I dont get paid until next week

Hopefully the JustGiving page can be kept open so that when the target is reached, any additional money raised can go towards Becky's studies
    I don't see why not, it was set up for the funeral costs which have now been achieved so we shouldn't let it get too high above that but understand people still wish to give.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I don't like swearing on a forum, but....... fuck a duck, around 12 hours after opening the Just Giving page we've reached the £2.9k target...... I'm lost for words........... I really am.

I am asking Beccy if any surplus what Charity her dad would like.

Wow - cracking result. thanks everyone that donated/spread the word. What a horrible thing to have to have gone through.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Well done everyone. What a lovely bunch of fans we are, if I don't say so myself!

Happy for his daughter to put any extra to her studies.
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lump in throat moment, well done everyone involved and who donated
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Proud as always to be a member of our wonderful family.

Proud to have you as a fellow Charlton Supporter!!

Have said it already but for you to donate £500 is a huge contribution and if I'm not wrong its not the first time you've done this
  • Options
    Wow.
  • Options
    91 people (and counting) have rallied round so far and chipped in.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/andrew-buckland

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Have said it already but for you to donate £500 is a huge contribution and if I'm not wrong its not the first time you've done this
    Thanks, FA.

However, I'm not a religious man but am reminded of the story of the widow's mite.

Maybe take note then... In the future donate £10 for these causes and save the rest of your money so you can buy the actual club and then save everyone... ;)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Thanks, FA.

However, I'm not a religious man but am reminded of the story of the widow's mite.

Maybe take note then... In the future donate £10 for these causes and save the rest of your money so you can fund the museum again... ;)

• Options
    May have missed it but has the Club responded yet?