Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Usage of Watt

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
Am I right thinking Watt was pushed out wide yesterday, similar to what Slade was doing with Ajose?

Personally I can't imagine him playing in anything other than as part of a traditional central two. He definitely can't play the loan striker role.

How did he do?

Comments

• Options
    It's the fashion in modern football to player inverted wide players nowadays.

I think he can play the right footed player on the left role as he is good at picking the ball up deep/wide, cutting in and shooting. Scored a great goal against QPR doing this last season.

If he keeps working as hard as he is then there will be a place in our team for him. Either left wing or behind Magennis.
  • Options

Am I right thinking Watt was pushed out wide yesterday, similar to what Slade was doing with Ajose?

Personally I can't imagine him playing in anything other than as part of a traditional central two. He definitely can't play the loan striker role.

How did he do?

Seems to be what he has spent the past couple of years of his career doing ;-)
  • Options
    He was on the left of the three.

He worked hard, took players on and tried to make things happen but he's not a wide player so he cut in a lot.

He did have a couple of shots one of which drew a very good save.

But him wide means we aren't getting his turns and short passing around the edge of the box where I think he's most dangerous.

Maybe one reason Konsa did well driving forward down the middle was that watt was distracting their defenders out wide?
  • Options
    Agree with Henry.
    Gotta feel for Novak, a professional footballer who rarely gets a chance. And when he does he fluffs two good chances, the second of which was almost in the open goal category.
  • Options
    I still feel tony watt is much more suited to the role that Robbie Keane was so good at playing just behind the striker/strikers causing the defenders to be pulled out of position
  • Options
    Robinson will stick blindly to his 4-2-3-1 (he calls it 4-3-3 but I think that's a stretch).

That means a front two is out of the question and Watt can't play up front on his own. Nor do I think he's creative enough to play No.10.

The only spot for him is wide left, cutting in. That will irk people who like the traditional winger with pace to get to the byline.

But it's the only way Watt will feature under KR going forward.
  • Options
    Not seen any recent games, but sense this isn't getting the best from Watt. Is that fair?
  • Options
    never going to with 451, never been a fan of this rigid system which seems goal lite, and over reliant on the talent of one player, and or wingers scoring a lot, and in the case of Watt/Lookman and I expect others, playing them out of position.
  • Options

Not seen any recent games, but sense this isn't getting the best from Watt. Is that fair?

There hasn't been a single manager who has been able to get any consistency out of Watt - he has scored just 15 times in 97 appearances for numerous English and Scottish Clubs in the last three seasons.

In fact, Tex scored in 20 minutes today twice as many goals as Watt has in 23 appearances this season - Watt also last found the back of the net in August and has done so just twice in the last calendar year!

And before anyone says how hard he's working etc etc, his job is to score and/or to create - he has yet to have a single assist this season for either us or Hearts, albeit in that competitve league that is the SPL.

You can afford to build a team around someone like Le Tissier - but Watt ain't no Le Tissier and as the stats suggest, he is nothing more than a "luxury" player. In every sense of the word.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

There hasn't been a single manager who has been able to get any consistency out of Watt - he has scored just 15 times in 97 appearances for numerous English and Scottish Clubs in the last three seasons.

In fact, Tex scored in 20 minutes today twice as many goals as Watt has in 23 appearances this season - Watt also last found the back of the net in August and has done so just twice in the last calendar year!

And before anyone says how hard he's working etc etc, his job is to score and/or to create - he has yet to have a single assist this season for either us or Hearts, albeit in that competitve league that is the SPL.

You can afford to build a team around someone like Le Tissier - but Watt ain't no Le Tissier and as the stats suggest, he is nothing more than a "luxury" player. In every sense of the word.

This, this and this!
  • Options
    Completely agree with Addick Addict. He is a total liability and we should get rid soonest. He is unfit, does not score goals, provides no assists, cannot tackle or head the ball.
  • Options
    Having only 1 watt is a disadvantage if we had 100 watts the future would be bright!