Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Warburton resigns at Rangers (oh no he doesn't)

Rangers issue a statement on their website saying Mark Warburton has resigned.

15 minutes later, Warburton issues a statement denying his resignation.

All very bizarre!

Comments

• Perhaps people have seen trainspotting 2 and figured out the password for the Ranger's website?
  • Sounds like they thought they had an offer from Forest (which Clough will take in the summer) which then never came. Now hung out to dry by the Rangers board.
  • Sounds like their representatives have fucked up thinking they were about to receive a better offer.

Haha nae joy!
  • Must be fun being a bhoy right now.

Maybe it's just me, but I genuinely don't understand why that picture still gets lols every time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I was the first to do that and stopped finding it funny after the second time.
  • Current Rangers Youth coach AND former Charlton Legend - Graeme Murty in charge....
  • He did a good job to start with and getting Rangers out of the second tier where Ally & McCall failed will go down in history. But Celtic are striding ahead with their millions from the Champions League and it's so hard to catch them, but he did a really bad job of it
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    They were never going to seriously challenge for the title this season, no Rangers fan expected it TBH, but, the gap in quality and some of the signings left a lot to be desired for such a big club.
    Did a fantastic job last season winning the Championship title, and reaching the cup final after the amazing win against the sporting wing of the ira.

I say fair play to the board, they were getting played by MW, DW & FMCP who were touting themselves to Forest, and they took swift action and called their bluff, quite terminally, decisive action needed and taken, if they didn't want to be there, go.
    Seems the 3 backtracked very quickly after Gary Brazil was appointed at NFFC, too late.

IMO, they will have no problem in attracting an established successful manager, now they are back in the SPL, who that might be, I don't have a clue.
  • Bizaire, football is just a world of indecision, strange decisions and utter bewilderment these days. Rangers thinking after 1 season back in their premiership they could challenge Celtic.
  • Bizaire, football is just a world of indecision, strange decisions and utter bewilderment these days. Rangers thinking after 1 season back in their premiership they could challenge Celtic.

I don't think that's what anyone (save a few nutters) thought, Celtic are miles away, but I don't think anyone thought the recruitment and gap would bd as bad as it is.
  • iainment said:

Must be fun being a bhoy right now.

It is
  • Sponsored links:

• There were rumours about this last week. Even Celtic hater Adrian Durham was talking about this last week. Although i hate them he has done a great job there.
  • About our level. Sign him up. After all Neilson? Went from Hearts to MK Dons