Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last chance Saloon

This is it, two games a week, game in hand, 6pts out of play off places, who would of thought we could even be in this postion, hasn't been this exciting for a long time.
A lot of fans will no doubt say, "how can the old 3rd division be exciting for a club like Charlton" unfortunately that's where we find ourselves after many wrong decisions over the years. But at least we are now in with a chance, we've not got the biggest of squards, but what we lack in man power, we make up with guts and determination to get a result and who's to say the top six will not have a wobble, the preasure is on them to stay there. If we miss out, it will not be for the want of trying, but I don't think we will. So lets give them our 100% ( forget the board ) that can resume in the Championship next season.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Getting promoted would be good for the club obivously, I just hate RD so completely I'm numb to the club at the moment, good or bad.

Until that cretin is good it will be the same.

• Options
    Off course we all want to get into the playoffs. But we have won 9/28 league games. Obviously if we could turn some draws to wins that would be great. We have a good run in so of course we have a chance.
  • Options
    Another bizarre post and always a new thread.

And the thread title doesn't relate to the thread.

Unique
  • Options
    Thought it was another pubs near waterloo thread for a minute!!
  • Options
    March has a lot of games. It is a real test of the squad strength. Given how the season has gone & the current squad balance & strength, it will be a tough ask for the current team to make the play offs IMHO.

All Charlton supporters, support the team, I just wish the owner would give much better support as well, & allow for a different approach to coherent team & squad building.
  • Options
    The main area that needed addressing on a footballing side was finding a goal scorer. This still hasn't been addressed.

I think watt is a good player but he won't score nearly enough goals for us to challenge for top 6.
  • Options
    We're going to be relegated.
  • Options
    We have won 9 out of 28
    Now we need to win about 12 out of 18
    I admire your optimism but i can't see it happening.
    Also if i had to choose a word to describe our position it would not be exciting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is it, two games a week, game in hand, 6pts out of play off places, who would of thought we could even be in this postion, hasn't been this exciting for a long time.
    A lot of fans will no doubt say, "how can the old 3rd division be exciting for a club like Charlton" unfortunately that's where we find ourselves after many wrong decisions over the years. But at least we are now in with a chance, we've not got the biggest of squards, but what we lack in man power, we make up with guts and determination to get a result and who's to say the top six will not have a wobble, the preasure is on them to stay there. If we miss out, it will not be for the want of trying, but I don't think we will. So lets give them our 100% ( forget the board ) that can resume in the Championship next season.

Being in the "last chance saloon" for a playoff place in early Feb, "who would of thought we could even be in this postion" - quite.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    There are six other teams between CAFC and the top six at the present time, a play-off position his not in our own hands, if you discount finishing in the top two there are at least ten teams vying for the four remaining position, not including a couple of teams below us who could themselves put a run together and join the mix, personally I do not think we will make the play-offs, nor judging by the manager's recent interviews nor does he.
  • Options

Unique

Pure exasperation
  • Options
    I must admit I was starting to get a bit excited about our prospects - but that draw with Fleetwood reminded me that there is much more chance we will miss out. We need to put a run together now, and that is wins not draws. I like Robinson, but I don't think he has found the balance in the side he needs yet. Whether that will be found with Magennis coming back or other changes I don't know - but when and if it feels like the team can go on the sort of run it needs it will start to get exciting again.
  • Options

Unique

That's one word for it...
  • Options

Unique

Unique is not a unique word
  • Options

Unique

Or the phrase 'A load of old $hit' !
  • Options

Good words Karl
  • Options

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

There are six other teams between CAFC and the top six at the present time, a play-off position his not in our own hands, if you discount finishing in the top two there are at least ten teams vying for the four remaining position, not including a couple of teams below us who could themselves put a run together and join the mix, personally I do not think we will make the play-offs, nor judging by the manager's recent interviews nor does he.

It is in our hands to make the top 6, by winning matches
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have won 9 out of 28
    Now we need to win about 12 out of 18
    I admire your optimism but i can't see it happening.
    Also if i had to choose a word to describe our position it would not be exciting

You tell your mate that tomorrow!
  • Options
    ...love a big squard
  • Options

Roland's spent 3 years crashing it...
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

It is in our hands to make the top 6, by winning matches
    But not if the teams above match our results.