Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon- Pubs

Where is everyone drinking on saturday pre match.

Spoons in Wimbledon or Norbiton?

Comments

• Options
    Decent pubs all down the train route.

Loads of pubs in Earlsfield and Wimbledon. A couple of pubs in New Malden and Raynes Park.
  • Options
    Does anyone know exactly where in Kingston the boat arrives ? Nearest pup. I have googled Turks Pier and is coming up as Hampton Court ? Have to meet my son off the boat
  • Options
    The Bat & Ball, Gravesend
  • Options

You back this weekend then?
  • Options

You back this weekend then?
    No mate, will be soon though. I'll let you know shun
  • Options
    ...I thought they wanted tennis inspired pubs...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I remember in the 80's when we played the original Wimbledon for the first time at Plough Lane. There was a pub actually on the corner of the ground (I think the Woodman). A large group of us took over the pub as it was opening at 11. The home fans had to use the pub up the road. The Charlton team coach pulled up directly outside the pub to let the players off. Goodtimes and good memories
  • Options
    robroy said:
    No need to apologise mate. Hope the link was helpful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does anyone know exactly where in Kingston the boat arrives ? Nearest pup. I have googled Turks Pier and is coming up as Hampton Court ? Have to meet my son off the boat

The Ram
  • Options
    Spent most of my afternoon researching this instead of working.

New Malden is a 20 min walk to the ground but there are a couple of nice pubs by the station. The Glasshouse looks nice

Norbiton one stop on has pubs a few mins walk away in the wrong direction

Kingston one stop further on has plenty of choice but is further from the ground

As we will be coming from Waterloo Glasshouse New Malden looks a good bet.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2017

Turks pier/launch, ,actually called Kingston town end pier, turn left, walk towards bridge, the ram and bishop pubs are on the right
  • Options
    DA9 and The President, cheers fellas
  • Options
    The pubs around Norbiton aren't great to be honest. If you want a wide range of pubs to go to then the best bet is Wimbledon as there are 4/5 pubs minutes from the station (most are on the left hand side as you come out the station). As mentioned there are pubs in Earlsfield and Clapham junction that you could drink in prior to the game.

They also have a social club under the main stand that in the past hasn't asked for any tickets to show you are home support but I don't know if that is still the case
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Turks pier/launch, ,actually called Kingston town end pier, turn left, walk towards bridge, the ram and bishop pubs are on the right
    Dont suppose you know how far the ground is form the Pier?
  • Options
    1.5 miles from pier to the ground,I live in Kingston, just a short bike ride for me to get there
  • Options
    Sitting in an empty Ram waiting for boat
  • Options
    Hah, where is the thing, Uncle Albert lost ?