Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2017

Comments

• Options
    Great to have you back PM.

In addition to my well touted Wonderful Charm, I have already backed Raz and Houblon so will now add Cause Of Causes and Saint Are to them. And of course will do the five of them in F/Cs and T/Cs.

• Options
    My three bets are

Double Shuffle
    Thunder n Roses
    One for Arthur
  • Options
    Just seen welcome back @PeanutsMolloy glad your ok, missed your knowledge, it's not been the same .
  • Options
    Peanuts the Legend! Gutted that none of my picks match yours. Time will tell. My picks are:
    1. The Young Master - 18/1
    2. One For Arthur - 16/1
    3. Perfect Candidate - 50/1
    4. Roi Des Francs - 80/1
    5. Shantou Flyer - 80/1 today
    6. Just a Par - 50/1
    7. Wonderful Charm - 33/1
    8. Good to Know - 100/1

All e/w bets, of course. 6 places 1/4 place odds with Betvictor

Good luck all!
  • Options

Vieux Lion Rouge.
    Ucello Conti.
    Raz De Maree.
    Houblon Des Obeaux.
    Saint Are.

I'm going to go for 2 or 3 out of this lot. Maybe all of them if I get carried away.

Pretty chuffed that I picked the same horses as peanuts (near enough)! I did base my selections on his previous years selections.

• Options
    Welcome back @PeanutsMolloy I definitely haven't just put EW bets on your suggestions.
  • Options
    Houblon needs softer ground I'm told/would say
  • Options
    WSS said:

Is there a code for that 365 offer or does it just happen...? Can't see it mentioned on the app

Dont think you need a code but think it only applies on the 5 place offer and not the 6 place market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Peanuts the Legend! Gutted that none of my picks match yours. Time will tell. My picks are:
    1. The Young Master - 18/1
    2. One For Arthur - 16/1
    3. Perfect Candidate - 50/1
    4. Roi Des Francs - 80/1
    5. Shantou Flyer - 80/1 today
    6. Just a Par - 50/1
    7. Wonderful Charm - 33/1
    8. Good to Know - 100/1

All e/w bets, of course. 6 places 1/4 place odds with Betvictor

Good luck all!

I'm a big fan of Perfect Candidate meldrew but I just think he's got too much weight on ground that will be too quick for him.
    If mine get beat, I hope it's him.....but I'll be kicking myself ;o)
  • Options
    @PeanutsMolloy

Having you back on the GN thread is the highlight of this football season.

Am backing your selections today - no pressure !
  • Options

Vieux Lion Rouge.
    Ucello Conti.
    Raz De Maree.
    Houblon Des Obeaux.
    Saint Are.

I'm going to go for 2 or 3 out of this lot. Maybe all of them if I get carried away.

Pretty chuffed that I picked the same horses as peanuts (near enough)! I did base my selections on his previous years selections.

Ucello Conti would be my next best. IMHO, he's got the best chance of those Becher Chase rivals (and is best value at the weights).
  • Options
    PEANUTS YOU BLOODY LEDGE!!!!!
  • Options
    Great to know you are ok Peanuts...

Had a punt this year, purely off of my own back so let's see.

I never take CL seriously (people may of noticed) but I do understand your critique. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Good to hear from you again Peanuts, Thanks for the advice even if you have shelved your model. I fancied c of c and St. Are anyway, might add one or two of your other tips. Best of luck, even if you just post once a year you will be warmly welcomed.
  • Options
    Genuinely waited to put my bets on incase Peanuts made a cameo today... Show me the moneeeeeeh
  • Options
    The man, the myth, the legend!
  • Options
    Great to know you're well Peanuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If like me you just signed up to bet 365 and placed your bets to take advantage of the offer, be aware you won't get half your stake returned. Just read terms and conditions and says To qualify for this offer, you must be an existing bet365 account holder and have opened your account before 23:59:59 UK Time on Wednesday 5th April 2017.

Abit gutted with that!
  • Options
    Welcome back PM - we've missed you - glad that you're ok.
  • Options

Blimey…I take a timeout and you lot start blubbing like a bunch of schoolgirls.
    Morning Ladies and Gents.
    The truth is I don’t participate in CL anymore – too much bile in arguments that are going to change absolutely nothing, including anyone’s mind.
    And I haven’t run my model this year for 2 reasons:
    1. Mainly, I’m very heavily involved in a voluntary organisation that takes up most of my time.
    2. IMHO, the changes made to the GN post-2012 have changed the nature of the race and made trend-based models not well attuned yet to the new conditions, particularly when the going is good. There is simply not a big enough sample of results yet to use confidently a stats-model and, as it takes a shed load of time to crunch the numbers and as I reckoned that we were unlikely to get a second soft ground GN in a row, I decided back at Christmas to give it a miss.
    So, I come on this morning to see what you guys are thinking about it and had a good laugh at some of the stuff.
    BTW, Dan – you are totally wrong to think that I didn’t share the enjoyment of it. And, like you, it was nothing to do with making money – simply outsmarting the market and so-called experts in the racing media.
    So, no model, but I had some each-way bets a few weeks ago on runners that took my fancy and covered a range of going conditions.
    They are (in no particular order):

CAUSE OF CAUSES 16/1 – other than The Last Samuri (too much weight for him), the only one of the market fancies with form at 4m. Good win in the X-Country (Silver Birch 2nd in X-C before winning GN in 2007 for same trainer). Handled the occasion well as a 7 y-o 2 years ago, when staying on 8th under quiet ride from Carberry.

SAINT ARE 40/1 – in form, trainer in form, great record over the fences on a decent surface – close 2nd to Many Clouds 2 years ago. Could look a silly price come 5.24pm today.

RAZ DE MAREE 40/1 – bottomless stamina - if it were 3 laps of the course he’d be a shoe-in. Forget that he’s 12, he’s in best form of his career, with a great staying-on close 2nd to Native River in the Welsh Nat (on better ground than usually seen at Chepstow) and win in the Cork National (like Vics Canvas last year). Nice run, staying on 8th, in the GN 3 years ago. Softer ground would have been much preferred but hey-ho – take 6 places if you can.

HOUBLON DES OBEAUX 50/1 – career marked by impressive near-misses – close 2nd to Many Clouds in 2014 Hennessy giving him weight, notable 2nd to Coneygree in 2015 giving him weight. Placed in this season’s Welsh National and Midlands National (plugged on gamely under topweight). Thought to need soft ground but has good form on quick surfaces when a youngster. Runs off a nice handicap mark these days. Main concern is that he has tended to go best when fresh but today he’ll be carrying the lightest weight he’s ever shouldered in a chase. Could it be another Mon Mome for Venetia?

Good luck ladies and gents but be warned: no model, just my unreliable nose. So, CAVEAT EMPTOR.
    Let’s hope they all come back safe and sound.
    Maybe see you next year :O)

COYR

Great to see you back Sir!

I'd actually picked one of those on my own (Saint Are) so apologies to all in advance!
  • Options
    The National is meaningless - the important thing is that Peanuts is fighting fit. You've been missed, my friend.
  • Options
    Welcome back Peanuts. Shame on whoever upset you on the Brexit thread .
  • Options
    Causes Of Causes E/W & to Win
    Roi des Francs E/W
    Saint Are E/W
    Raz De Maree E/W
    Vicente E/W
    Ucello Conti E/W
    Thunder and Roses E/W
  • Options
    I'm glad you are ok peanuts, you have a point about the amount of grotesque bile spouted. Fortunately I don't post much though!

I'll be a very happy man is saint are wins. I'll be happier if all the horses come back safely
  • Options

BEST CAMEO VISIT EVER!

(....At least until Colin returns)

Getting Nathen back in the jobs thread would be my preference
  • Options
    So Peanuts more or less agrees with me. But we disagree on two things. I think The Last Samuri can carry the weight, and i have to disagree about Saint Are, he has had enough chances and any horse with five career falls can't win a National.