Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

Comments

• Glebe v Sevenoaks in the Kent League last night.

A freeflowing 0-0 draw devoid of any real chances.

The club are only four years old but in that time have gained a promotion and now have their own ground with very decent facilities at this level. I can see them climbing the pyramid in years to come.

The club are only four years old but in that time have gained a promotion and now have their own ground with very decent facilities at this level. I can see them climbing the pyramid in years to come.

Do you have a link to the highlights?!? :wink:

Do you have a link to the highlights?!? :wink:
    SSPN at 7 this morning.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

You got tickets for these games yet mate
    Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.
    How did you go about getting your Bilbao match tickets? You paid €80 right?

Just checked, Barakaldo are away at sociedad b when I'm there.

Hotel is booked up, but thanks for the heads up.
    Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
    Managed to get the tickets from the website this morning 45 Euros + booking fee.
    Nice one mate, hopefully it's a good game! Try and grab the freebee programme in the ground on the game, I'll have one too if you get a chance :)
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.

Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
    Managed to get the tickets from the website this morning 45 Euros + booking fee.
    Nice one mate, hopefully it's a good game! Try and grab the freebee programme in the ground on the game, I'll have one too if you get a chance :)
    Yeah, no worries will grab one for you.
  • North Greenford 3 Harpenden 4, Headcount of 34.

"Just sell the club"..........
  • Do you go on your own elfs?
  • MrOneLung said:

Do you go on your own elfs?

Elfs first name is Billy
  • MrOneLung said:

My camera is my friend!

A lot of the time yes. I have two friends that do the hopping but we have different leagues to tick off.

• clb74 said:

MrOneLung said:

Elfs first name is Billy
    William actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to see Universitario de Sucre in Bolivia the other day, one of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Was only 20 bolivianos to get in though (around £2.50).image

I had to read the post twice, I thought it read there were only 20 Bolivians in the ground!

Do they produce programmes?
    There was only barely more than 20!

No programmes from what I saw
  • RedPanda said:

Went to see Universitario de Sucre in Bolivia the other day, one of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Was only 20 bolivianos to get in though (around £2.50).image

That's a top tick. Sucre is lovely, especially if you've been to a few more typical Bolivian towns beforehand. There are some right hovels but I had such a great time everywhere.

The football is poor there but it's (mostly) at high altitude.
    Yeah it's a lovely place, huge contrast to Uyuni which we'd been to just before.
  • RedPanda said:

Went to see Universitario de Sucre in Bolivia the other day, one of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Was only 20 bolivianos to get in though (around £2.50).image

That's a top tick. Sucre is lovely, especially if you've been to a few more typical Bolivian towns beforehand. There are some right hovels but I had such a great time everywhere.

Yeah it's a lovely place, huge contrast to Uyuni which we'd been to just before.
    I'm not sure the South Americans produce programmes.

I'll be doing some games in Buenos Aires when there in December but not optimistic I'll find anything there.
  • North Greenford 3 Harpenden 4, Headcount of 34.

"Just sell the club"..........

On their website this morning, 32 was the gate.
  • RedPanda said:

Agree that a high attitude affects the game...a la Tony Watt ;0)
  • edited September 2017
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Done.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Done.
    Nice one mate ! Hope your having a decent weekend out there
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Done.
    Nice one mate ! Hope your having a decent weekend out there
    6 more days to go.
  • Bilbao v Girona

Nice one Dicky, a good tick.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

Went to Stenhousemuir 3 Berwick 0. The Wee Gers well beaten on the artificial pitch by an early goal of the season contender and awful own goal and never looked like getting back into it. But, I really enjoyed it and will be back for more Berwick action when able

Good stuff supporting the English team up there.

I have been to about 23 grounds in Scotland, including Berwick. A nice little town.
  • edited September 2017
    St Margaretsbury v Tring in the Spartan South Midlands League.

Tring won 3-1 in a game of hoof ball, the saving grace with the Tring centre forward being a Ricardo Fuller mk11 getting two goals.

A headcount of 44 being more than I thought at 14.40 when I was the fourth fan in the ground.
  • I took advantage of the Virgin sale to get to Annan yesterday for £32 return.

A truly shocking 1-0 victory v Cowdenbeath witnessed by 363 fans. Of that there were about 7 groundhoppers and to my amazement there was another Charlton fan doing the ground.

Very friendly people up there.
  • Off to Los Yebenes San Bruno v Trival Valderes in the Spanish fourth division. It was either that or Alcorcon v Granada in the second but didn't fancy that one so won't be giving €20 to RD today!
  • on the way back to Lancaster from the game yesterday, I took a wrong turn and ended up at Afc Fylde's tidy little ground .. didn't get inside of course but got the impression that the almost brand new little stadium is a far better venue than Highbury, the Fleetwood FC ground .. adjacent to the round is a plastic hockey pitch .. a right sporting neck of the woods

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=wSDaIlSp&id=2FFF7560DAD994544E385A4496E933F5F20C9A3B&thid=OIP.wSDaIlSpTp9fqyLeSkXBlgEsDI&q=afc+fylde+new+stadium&simid=608012820797981764&selectedIndex=6
  • edited October 2017
    Colliers Wood v Sutton Common Rovers this Friday.

After this I'll be off to meet PragueAddicks chum, Mad Vincent, at East Croydon station. A Friday night in Croydon does not feed me with joy!!

No non-league hopping Saturday, unfortunately.
  • edited October 2017
    Friday night drinking kept the crowd down to about 65, of this there was an impressive away following of about 20.

A 1-2 away win ensured that the palice filth went home happy.
  • Colliers Wood v Sutton Common Rovers this Friday.

After this I'll be off to meet PragueAddicks chum, Mad Vincent, at East Croydon station. A Friday night in Croydon does not feed me with joy!!

No non-league hopping Saturday, unfortunately.

Not half as bad as it must have been for Mad Vincent
  • Have a day off little legs